The new addition.

Aw Fillymum you are amazing for taking him in and giving him all the love and attention he deserves.
Good luck to little spirit and I bet he will be the most spoilt and peskiest out of all your kitties!

Awww bet your really pleased he is coming on so nicely, you and hubby have done a great job and should be proud.
I was shocked when i came to spain in may and went round a local market how the animals were treated there was a guinea pig in with hamsters, Poor puppies out in the sun with no water in fact none of the animals had water.
They don't feel the same about animals as we do.
Hope he gets oo ok tomorrow would offer to kitsit but your a bit far lol.

Ahhhh this story is fab! :) how lucky that you knew what to do when you found him as not many would.
Keep us updated!
x

We have decided that we can not leave him for 8 hours .

Paul will take me to the market, help me set up,the stall is to heavy for me to manage it on my own, and then come back home, feed Spirit again and then come back. It is only about a 30 minute journey on the motorway.

We could take the risk, but I would not settle I would be worries all the time we were away.

The market on Saturday is in a lovely spot, below Eucalyptus trees and with lots of shade. Hot water in a flask will do for making his formula and jobs a good 'un.

Sundays market is just 5 minutes from home so that is no problem.

Awww he looks so cute - you are doing a great job with him. Has he opened his eyes yet?

His eyes are still closed but they should be open sometime next week. We think he was about 2 days old when we found him so that makes him about 7 days today.

He is now going 5 to 6 hours between feeds but is taking twice as much as before at each feed.

He is amazingly strong and very demanding. We are thrilled with him and like proud parents marking every little thing with an ahhhhhhhh isn't he cute.

We will weigh him tomorrow and post more photos......... he has grown !!

Your interest is brilliant and I love *sharing* him with you.

Can't wait for the pics. Glad he is doing well. And you should be congratulated on looking after him so wonderfully, he is one lucky kitty to have found you.

Just had to let you know, how sad is that before I leave work for a market, but you have followeed his progress so closely.

Last night he slept right through the night, more than 8 hours.........bless his little cotton socks.

It means we can go off to work and leave him here . Oh goodness I hope he is o.k.I will not be happy until we get home to him.

His daddy, we assume it is his daddy was in the queue for food this morning. A very big and handsome black tom cat who hasn,t been in the " soup kitchen" queue before.

Have a good day.

XXXXXX

These are the photos taken today........

spirit290610010.jpg

spirit290610011.jpg

spirit290610012.jpg

spirit290610014.jpg

He is a little cracker. He is going 8 hours between feeds. Takes his bottle well. The amount has increased from 5ml. to 20ml. and he is gaining weight at a rate of 10g. a day. He actually weighs in at 200 grms now. In the photo he hadn't settled into the scale so DH was taking some of his weight.

Tosay we noticed that his little eyes are beginning to open, you can just see a little slit open so he must be about 10 days old now.

What a little fighter, what a Spirit.

I'm sure he'll enjoy his day out at the market i'm kind of jealous thinking about it lol.
I wanna be back in spain where abouts are you? and just to be nosey what do you sell on your market stall?

Hi, we are in Benissa, about 18 miles from Benidorm going North.

I sell vintage and antique porcelain, china and earthenware. Or I try too lol.

Did you live her ??

No wish i did though really love benidorm, we went to salou this year but won't be going again its not got much culture and history.
I prefer old benidorm :)

Awwwww, fillymum, he is beautiful. He seems to be doing so well and I am sure your OH and yourself are glad of the 8 hours inbetween feeds! At least you can get some shut eye. Keep us updated with his progress xxx

Awwwr, looking at him makes me wish I could see my kitty!

Keep on updating with Spirit posts, such a lovely little thing with such a lovely family to care for him.

I promise you will be so bored with me and Spirit by the time he leaves us you will be sorry you said that lol !!!

A bit concerned about him at present. He is a bit constipated. I have given him some veg.oil and also inserted a little into his tiny botty with a tiny syringe ( no needle of course) and managed to massage a little out.

He isn't showing any signs of distress and is drinking well.

I am worried though ...........

His eyes are open. He can hear now as well and is a "real" little kitten now. Kittens are born very under developed. Blind, deaf and without intestines and bladder fully developed.

We have overcome the constipation problem thank goodness as toxicicity can kill them. The oil worked but the most amazing thing happened 2 days ago. Our Jack Russell decided he was going to wash Spirit after every feed. It has done the trick and the stimulation of Bucky's tongue has given the kitten a much more natural life.

Bucky is normally such a naughty little dog and I must admit I would not leave him alone with Spirit for fear of him becoming a snack.

buckycoatetc-5.jpg

This is him..........looks like butter wouldn't melt in his mouth.....don't you believe it.

Well done Bucky! Clever little dog. Glad to hear Spirit is coming along. You must update with a pic (is there much change?).

oh my goodness

my heart is warmed at the kindness and effort you and your hubby have made to save little spirit's life.

thank you for saving little spirit and sharing the story.has made my flaming year it has.

and what about Bucky the wonder dog.your story just gets better and better.

as you can tell im a animal person, truth be told i prefer animals to humans sometimes lol

do you think spirit was the only kitten? im not sure how many kittys give birth to.

shall keep coming on here for progress reports on spirit and of cause Bucky.

Back