The new Star Trek movie - I loved it!

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV' started by AmandaJayne, 16 May 2009 Social URL.

1. AmandaJayne

AmandaJayne Trainee Maintainer

Faced with another boring Friday evening's telly, we all decided to go to the cinema. I debated between Angels & Demons and Star Trek and had a look on rottentomatoes.com to see what the reviews were like. Well, 96% of reviewers liked Star Trek so off we went.

It seemed like everyone else in Falkirk was going to the cinema that night too. The car park was full, and there was a big queue to pay. Once in the cinema I realised that we would have to sit near the front:(, and I hoped I would be able to focus properly from that close.

I need not have worried, it was fine. I loved the film from beginning to end and was particularly pleased that there was humour all the way through - the whole audience would be laughing at certain bits. I was not conscious of time passing, and suddenly, it was over and we were walking out. A lot of money (they've just put prices up:() well spent on this occasion.

There were a few trailers I must mention.

The Hangover - a guy movie for a change, and one that looks very funny.

A new Transformers movie - I am a big fan of the first one and this one looks promising too.

The new Terminator movie - no Arnie, but looks action-packed and fast-paced.

Night at the Museum 2 - looks good.

AJ

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. wannaloose18stone

wannaloose18stone From The Black Country

Yep I loved Star Trek aswell.

4. wannaloose18stone

I'm a big Star trek fan aswell, I'm a next gen fan but this movie is excellent, they have captured the original characters personalities and charateristics very well. The special effects are superb and the story aint bad either. 8 out of 10 from a Star Trek fan :)

5. wannaloose18stone

P.S. I would deffinately watch it on the big screen for full effect :)

6. margaretmc

margaretmc Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    XENICAL LOW FAT
    Hi AJ
    We watched it last night it wasnt to bad but I`m not into them movies really . Take care .
    Margaret xx

7. wannaloose18stone

Night at the museum is very average, not as good as the first by a long way.
    Terminator 2 is ok, 7 out of 10. Again I thought the first three were better.
    Transformers 2 is Excellent, a brilliant sequal :)

8. appleshape

appleshape Full Member

I was never a fan of Star Trek but for some reason I've seen the new film 3 times-I totally love it! It's way better than the new Terminator, and Wolverine for that matter! I can't comment on Transformers 2 because on principal alone I won't watch it or the first, that Shia Le Beouf does my head in! lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.