The 'New' Sunshine Group Thread, join us for fab support!!!!!

Hi girls

thank you all for joining in my holiday challenge and well done if you managed to get to your mini goal. Well I fell short by 8 pounds, I wished I could say it was because I had cheated!! but you all know why it takes me so long. Well the clothes are ironed and I have put together my clothes. Then came the swimsuit etc.. I look so bloody hideous I have sat on the bed and wept. I have marks on my skin due to the reaction of some of my meds in the early days and now I have scars on my legs.

I know I should be grateful and I am sorry to be feeling sorry for myself but going on holiday with all my family and some of them being young men :eek: I just want to curl up. My brother in laws sister is now joining us and she is an ex model!!!!!! :eek: so here I sit just not knowing what to do? I wanted to do fake tan and stuff on monday but I am not sure if it's worth it.

I have been doing this now since January and all I've managed is two stone, I had planned to take my products and do an 810 - 1000 type day, but now I feel so wobbly I am in danger of being stupid or not wanting to enjoy any of the food.. my sister said we would be eating alot of salad, fish and chicken as its cheaper and easy to do for ten people.

I am sorry my sunshine ladies I hate to lower the mood I am just so utterly upset. :cry:

Sarah honey, I so sorry you feel like that. 2 stone is still a fanastic amount and no one can take that away from you
Book yourself in for a spray tan on Monday and have a little pamper session too. have your hair and nails done, that always works for me
Forget about the others, just go away and have a good time

Sarah Lou hunny - you poor thing! We are all here to support you so please stop saying sorry!!

You are a beautiful women - so stop worrying about ex models - go and see a beautician about the fake tan if your going to do it - ensure your skin is ok!!

Hunny 2 stone is an amazing weight lose by any standards it doesn't matter how long it takes - you have other things to worry about with you ME - you are doing fantastic :)

BIG hug coming from the IOM to you! xxx

Thanks Polly P and Margie x you have spotted my flaw Margie I do say sorry rather alot :( I feel that bad I don't think I would want a beautician to see me, perhaps I should just start using some johnsons holiday sun cream, its been on the dressing table for months. I don't know about you ladies but I seem to put things off and think I can only have something if I have done good.

I understand that cd works but what frightens me is that the head demons still remain.

Get rid of those little demons, let your angels take care of you.
Although the johnsons self stuff is good you can't beat a good spray tan. Don't worry about what the beautican will think.
I want me to repeat after me.. I am worth it, I am worth it

come on Sarah.. I can't hear you

And anyway Ex models are far to skinny anyway. we don't want to be like that....

Hey hun - johnsons stuff is good - you have to let yourself have treats - if you dont you will feel down all the time - lov ya sarah xxx

Polly you dafty!! she is actually very skinny and your right I don't think I would want to be that skinny :eek: I guess my anxietys are down to non of them have ever seen me in less clothing :eek:

I really do try to be kind to myself and your right Margie I do feel down, I just find it so hard to embrace life and value myself, I seem to keep bashing myself over the head with my stick.

I thought I was doing ok until tonight even my sister asked if I was freaking out yet! thanks for your kind words.. perhaps the make over fairy will visit in the night :)

Hi Sarah, I have scars on my arms after some medication for a 3 rd degree burn. I have found that the light spray tan works really well, but I agree with Polly, bite the bullett and get a prof spray tan, apart from anything else it takes 8 lbs off you (visually!!!). It took me along time to go for manicures, pedicure etc. Now I go every 3 weeks ( this Tuesday) I have eyebrow, leg wax, eye lash tint, manicure and pedicure and I love it now,
Listen girl, you aint got nothing they haven't seen before and it won t take your energy before the flight, really important for you.
If we dont speak before have a fantastic time, I'll raise a glass of red to you from Dinan.

Stay positive Sarh Lou - night Pol off to watch a film - will chat tomoz xxxxx

Lov ya ladies xx

Thank you I have such low self worth and I know there are people alot worse than me, thanks again for listening and supporting me, Kim wow.. 8 pounds is loads xx I don't leave til tuesday so catch up with you all before I go.. I too Kim will toast you :)

I didn't realise a spray takes 8lbs (visually) off you. maybe I need to have one extra week til i get to goal

Sarah - hope you have a fab time. if your taking your laptop let us know how your getting on.

Well my best friend from Luton had a baby boy yesterday so i'm driving down for the day to go and see them. I may be on here later but depends how tired i am after driving down and back up the M1.

Suzie - how the job going

Claire - hope your ok today. won't be long now before we meet up.

I told you all that after eating atuna salad last week the day after a put on 1lb, well yesterday I was soooo hungry as i was waiting for X Factor I decided to bite the bullet and have a chicken salad. Much to my suprise I've weighed myself this morning and i've lost 2lb since yesterday. Bodies are strange things aren't they.

I would love to have lost 3 stone by the time I weigh in this week. 6 lb is a push but achievable i think... here goes

Hope everything has a good Sunday.

Boo!

Sarah - concentrate on giving you whatever boosts you need and relax - if you go abroad all happy and relaxed that will make you 100 x more attractive than whoever else there! You are going on HOLIDAY! Take sarongs and a fab floppy hat and chillllllllllllllllll! Enjoy it - you'll only kick yourself after if you get all knotted up with emotional crap. You desreve a greattime - and it is your family not a club18-30; so there'll be no preconceived ideas will there??? You are doing brill - 2 stone is 2 stone - and get a picture of what you were like at Xmas and look in the mirror: Bravo & Hurrah!!! - get a red maxi dress with red flip flops!! ?xxx

Vickie - Wannna know what the Time Travellers Wife was like please? Well done for booking tickets - Vickie you'll be sat on your own on a train for only less than an 1hour (so take a mag & yer water!) and the others will meet you on there 2 stops down the line - you'll be fine; also it should be quieter then too as you're further up the line - I only hope I can surprise you and get on at York!!!!!! Soooo jealous as want to see you all!!! And take cameras pleeeeeeease! xxx

Paula - hello honey pie - yes am looking forward to it!!! Heeeeeeee! can't wait! Be fab to actually meet you!!! xxx

Kim - Wow honey - go girl; I want all that luxury beauty treatment!!!

Louisa - WELL DONE TO YOU BOTH! !!!!!!!!! That is fantastic weight losses - bet it helps having someone else doing it there with you! xxx

JJ - How was the paddling pool honey? I know family can be ball-achers but at least they are trying to still be in the boys' life and think it's fab the boys have another set of grandparents - & s'pose they'll have already acknowledge their son is a complete w*****!!!? Sorry a strong opinion there; I shouldn't be allowed to conceive it from not even knowing him - but still can't beleive a man can happily abandon his own children like that...karma... On a plus note; great to hear you feeling so upbeat!!! xxx

KIM - have a fab time away honey pie and enjoy it!!! These tales of holiday are really turning me green! xxx

Margie - hello there and well done on your wedding dress find!!! eeek how exciting? xxx

Well I think we can safely say it's been a CD wobble for the team this last week - after a couple of weeks of fantastic upbeat ones!? Am hoping this next one is good for you all and me too; we never got to Pleasure Island; not gonna go into it now but suffice to say I hit the food again! This next week's weigh-in shall be a no brainer- but will still go and tick myself off as I drive the good half hour along back roads...humf; it annoys me when I spend so much £ on the stuff too!!! Mum and Dad are back Tuesday so got something to look forward to...hubby on overtime so gonna go for a long stroll with winkles along the beach this morning....yaaaawn so tired. Hope you are all OK possums; hey Margie app my Aunty's captain of the big golf club on IOM - is it Miley/ Morlay/ Murray???? Couldn't understand Mum v well when she rang!!!!!

later chickens xxx

Morning Ladies

Well I am up - been good all weekend - other half has totally fallen off the wagon :( However I feel strong at the moment - he was sat there eating this morning and it was just normal to go and grab my shake - girl power :p

Hey Claire- is it Mount Murray - a reel fancy place where my bf is having her wedding reception!

Sarah Lou - how are you this morning? Big cuddles hunny :hug99: - you will be stunning xxx

Well the weather here is misserable today - not a clue what to do with myself - gonna do 20 mins on the excercise bike and then think about it have a great day xx

Hi ladies hope ur all well today

hi margie!
Sorry to hear your DP has fallen off the wagon has it got any interest to get back on it at all?
Andy has got the need to chew! So his having a week of SS+ we've bought him cucumber,celery,mushrooms,lettuce,green peppers,makeral (which cdc said a little bit will be ok), tuna and chicken so he can pack lunches to work.
i had a quorn salad myself last night my first bit of food in 2 weeks and i can honestly say i didnt enjoy it. i felt it kept getting stuck in my throat eventho i tried to chew alot. so i have decided not to eat again and more than happy to stick to my porridge :) it really is different this time!
especially as the family will be having a sunday lunch with toad in hole today lol

Hi Louisa - he will get back on it - he is now in the 15's - he only wanted to get to 15stone so he is nearly there - be a shame for him to give up now!!

I do ss+ most of the time and i have not seen any difference in my loss - still really good so your oh will be fine - it telss you at the backof the brochure the measurements you can have- just be sure that he sticks to that and he will be fine :)

I am really determined myself at the moment - I have done this diet a few times before - however have never got this far into it without giving up - so I do feel that this is it I am going to be half the women i was this time next year - lmao

I do find Sunday hard normally because we normally go to my parents and they are always doing a roast however they are away this weekend - so it's just me and my shakes today! Got my weigh it Tuesday as she was ill last week so I guess that is making me more determined to be good xx

What are you up to today?

Heya girls:wavey: hope you're all having a great weekend:)

Sarah - you are doing brilliantly with this diet considering everything else you're going through, you are a star and you deserve the holiday of a lifetime. Go and relax and have a fabulous time. Don't stress about the diet, you can get back on it when you get back :)
As for your challenge I'm keeping my fingers crossed:fingerscrossed: that I'll meet my target when I get weighed tomorrow!

Claire - Time Travellers Wife was OK, was enjoyable but obviously nowhere near as good as the book!
Still hoping you can make it and my camera is like my right arm so there'll be plenty of pics :)

Paula - have a lovely time meeting the baby :)

Kim - did you get your laptop fixed?

Louisa - well done on staying strong when OH has fallen off the wagon!

Jo - hope the in-law's weren't too difficult and you had a great time paddling with your boys :)

Margie - when's your friends wedding? The woman in the dress shop told me a bridesmaids dress should come in to store in 12 weeks so you could leave getting yours til about 4 months before (to allow a bit of time for any alterations)

Suzie - how's your 1st week in the new job been? Enjoy your time off chick.

I have WI tomorrow which will be my last for a while, from next week I'm looking after my friends little one whilst she's in hospital then we're away. It'll be so weird not weighing in for 5 weeks but I HAVE to be less than 210lbs for my brothers wedding (the amount I promised myself I'd weigh by then when I started this diet) soooo apart from 3 planned days off I'm gonna push myself this month! Those that wanted to do the "beautiful bridesmaid challenge":love047: have you an amount in mind that ya's want to lose?

Good afternoon ladies, I have caught up on all the lovely posts, a big massive THANKYOU to all of you for the positive and helpful posts.

Clairey I have bought a purple maxi dress with a nice pattern and I have some pretty flip flops.. I have pranced around in my bedroom with my sarong on and it looks ok and I also have a floppy hat.. and new sun glasses :)

so the rest of the washing and ironing can wait today when I get some energy I am going to hit the bathroom and start the makeover.. I can't afford a spray tan as I don't get paid until the day we go :( so I shall have a go myself :D

have a good day one and all, I have just noticed Suzie has not been around for a few day's.. Suzie where are you.... :)

Vickie stick me down for 10 pounds hon for your challenge xx

Hi

Vickie - my mates wedding isn't til July next year so I have enough time to get rid of te unwanted half of me ;)

I spoke to the women and the dress I wanted she said she would need the order 2-3 months before I wanted it!

I am sooo excited:D:D:D:D

Sarah - glad you had a little more energy today - go for the johnsons if you cant afford a spray tan hunny xx

How is eveyone elses Sunday going - I have just berned 300 cals on my exercise bike - I am full of energy - my lovely OH did all the house work for me so I am now bored watching the little mermaid with my little boy - my choice lol

The weather here needs to clear up for my week off :( I have so much planned with my little man i want to get out and about !!

Back