The 'New' Sunshine Group Thread, join us for fab support!!!!!

Had such a fab CD day!!!

drank 3litres of water (1.5l more than normal) and drank my first full shake ever and dont feel hungry at all!

hope everyone is well xx

Well done louisa! here's to another good day tomorrow.. my Day 1 restart nearly over!! can't wait for bed time :( the carb withdraw has begun.. how's everyone today ??

well done for getting through day 1 always the hardest in my opinion x

Thanks Louisa, it was abit touch and go around 3.00pm.. :D but I managed to distract myself.. where is everyone tonight???? is something happening I don't know about??? ;)

hey all
hope everyone is ok
It's extremely quiet this evening. i've just got in from work and thought i'd have so much to catch up on.

Sarah- well done for hanging in there. it's so hard to get back into it even if you've off semi good for a while

Evening hunnies :)
Sarah well done getting through day 1. It'll be worth it hun, hope the ketosis fairy comes fluttering your way very soon. If there's something going on tonight I'm out of the loop too! :(
Well done on a successful day Louisa!
Claire that sounds like fun. Well, maybe not for you but for the kiddie winks lol. Keep it up lovely, you're doing fab!
Hope things are improving for you Jo, I was praying for you at church tonight so lots of healing vibes will hopefully be finding their way to you chick X
I had a lovely day today. My mam actually said I looked "great" :eek: think that's the first time she's ever complimented me about anything!!! The twins were adorable but they brought a teddy that sings the hot dog theme from Mickey Mouse and when the teddy wasn't singing it they were! Very annoying but extremely cute!
I got a red jumper, new black trousers, a pink scarf and glove set and a new pair of boots so now I'm skint but happy :D

I am rounding up the troops today.. I will be honest.. :eek: I am abit worried it's so quite :cry:eek:r is it that you all have busy lifes and I am just a saddo who has too much time to spare!!! Come on girlies we need each other... I've still have so many stones to go.. :wave_cry: perhaps its my emotions getting the better of me... or perhaps I'm a worry wart.. if needs be I will end up talking to myself :p ha ha

So.. day 2 for me, feel better than yesterday but the road is long.. but I just have to get there.. I can't cope with doing this for another year.. today is the anniversary of when I joined Lighter Life.. as some of you know it did not work out for me, they just did not understand my medication and the group were aload of nasty *****y women.. apart from one who I still have remained friends with, who left with me too, but has now gone on to loose five stone.. I can't believe where that year has gone.. I just need to get on with it and hope my loss may speed up now I am going down on the amount of pills I have to take..

Glad you had a good shopping trip Vickie.. I am sure you will look and feel great for your interview.. I am inviting the ketosis fairy to stay.. but she's not arrived yet :D

have a good day one and all xxx

Hey Sarahlou, hows things? I havent been on here in a while, just had a few things on and couldnt manage to get to the computer and i have to say i found it a lot harder when i didnt post and i messed up a lot. So i think from now on i will have to make it a pirority to post every nite... i lose 4lb this week and although im happy with that i know i could have lose a lot more. How are you getting on, why did the lighter life not work for you?

Hello megan.. yipee you heard my roll call :) well done on four pounds that is a great loss!!

You asked about LL.. the principal is the same.. but its very expensive as you have one hour counselling in a group of 6.. I run workshops at work so i know about boundries, group rules etc.. I had a real issue around week 4 when I was verbally attacked by three of the group during a session that I shared something personal.

I have had a history of depression after experiencing a few years of trauma, however I have sought help etc and I learn to manage it.

In the group one women laughed at me and said depression was becoming trendy and it was easy for anyone to say they had depression.. the other two joined in. The counsellor did not intervene and I left in tears. I contacted her a few day's later and she told me they were entitled to their opion.. she also accussed me of cheating as my losses were small.. she just would not except it was my medication..

I then became very unwell and wrote to her and LL. I received a call from LL and they were disgusted at her attitude but informed me she had already decided at the the start of our group that she was leaving anyway.. I was so cross that she was happy enough to take my 66 pounds a week :eek: but support wise she was unhelpful.. I should of known on the very first day I met her as she opened her door and said.. your 10 minutes early please can you wait in your car until the others arrive.. I was gobsmacked when she shut the door.. i had left earlier as she was an hour away from where i live and I did not want to be late.. two other members who left when I left also had the same experience.

I am sure if i had the right person I would of done well as the CBT was very interesting.

I then changed to cambridge and my GP wrote a letter re: my medications and the fact they had since found out I have M.E.

so all in all its been a tough year I just prey it will now improve as I am getting better and going back to work in a few weeks..

Sarh my lovely - I heard the call and am here to hand my papers in!!! Hee!

Hi Megan Rose- keep going you are doing brill!

That Lighter Life group sounded horrid and maybe you should start your own one???? I'm so keen to learn more about the psychology of it all too.

sarah stop being so hard on yourself - as you say you have M.E and my sister had that and it is exhausting - you've done brill honey.

gott go xxx

Sarah my god that must have been awful for you, some people just dont think when there talking and think they have the right to say whatever they wont no matter who they hurt. Im glad you complaint and the counselor is finished, she should never have been aloud to do that group if she had decided to leave she obviously had no interest at that stage.

You have had a rough year but Im glad to here you doing better now. what is it you work at?

Thanks Cliarey! i've just had a wave of inspiration, I am going to get my work out and look for things to share with you all for those days we struggle.

Meg, I'm a homeless officer and support young people aged 16 - 24, I deliver a life skills programme looking at all the skills we need to live independently.. living on a budget, setting up bills etc and I also deliver sexual health and wellbeing courses.. hmm need to drink my own medicine!! me thinks ;)

I won't hold my breathe Megan.. but at least she owes me an apology.. I've kept the list I left her and referred to it in my letter.. at least that way I was able to stick to the nitty gritty.. :mad:

I think they have all gone away to a remote exotic island and not told us :D

Its danger time.. :eek: not there is anything to eat apart from cd in my flat.. I'm trying to hold out to abit later to have my mix a mousse :)

I see my cd tomo to get more supplies.. I know what I weighed when I got home from France, so I might have a mid week weigh in with her just to see :)

Back