The 'New' Sunshine Group Thread, join us for fab support!!!!!

Megan.. don't use me as the norm :eek: ha ha.. Ive been doing cd since January and as you know I have struggled with every ounce.. as I said earlier now my medication and steriods are being reduced I hope to join the normal loosers who loose more than my pound or sts.. apart from one very weird week back in June when I lost seven.. there was just no logic to it.. my friends said they would of given up ages ago but being stuck at home for the last five month's I had to try and stick to it or I could of been alot heavier :eek:

My gp is very supportive and advised on one occassion that I go up to 1000, which I did for a few weeks as I was feeling quite unwell.. I really am hoping that it may speed up as if I am honest I can't cope with another year of this .. how's your journey been so far? :)

Mines been ok, it gets very hard at time and i salute you for sticking to it for so long but if your losing then ur not gaining. i dont know why but when i get to a stage where i have loss a bit of weight its like i give up then and it gets so hard, im at that stage now and its taking all my strenght not to eat other than cd food....

Are you going to London in Nov?

Hola mes amigos :)
How are you all this evening?
Sarah Lou good luck for tomorrow hunny. Fab news about you going back to work :)
Great loss Megan, well done!
Where are the rest of you? Hope you're all ok x
Nothing much to report from me, I'm going for a bubble bath now - it's been a long day!

Hi Vickie.. enjoy your bubbles :)

As long as my health holds out Megan I am going to London :) I know what you mean.. I think the mind starts telling you a little won't matter and before you know it the nibbles begin.. don't forget there is some flexability with cd.. you can have a small amount to eat on sole source plus if you don't have the milk.. i think I am going to get some cottage cheese in, just in case :eek: far better than nipping up the shop!!

I keep trying to keep the thoughts in my head about how awful I feel in photographs and how I had to cover my arms up on holiday.. and how I want this part of my life over and done with !

stick with it meg.. this also helps talking to each other !! xx

It does sarah it helps a lot.

I try think of the fotos aswell, i tried to put up one here, the one that made me determine to do this diet, its awful i am just so big in it i almost died when i seen it.. so i have that metal image in my head, still doesnt always help. but i will get there.

It sounds like london will be fantasic, i hope you all really enjoy it!

I just realised Meg you are in Ireland.. I guess it's to far for you to travel?

I have a pic of me on the fridge.. my Mum gave it to me a few weeks ago.. it was about five years ago and I was a size 12.. I had lost 5 stone with SWorld.

I can't believe I looked like that and if I am honest I wasn't in a good place and I never celebrated being slimmer.. I have realised that along with shedding the weight you have to deal with the head stuff too! I suppose I also regret putting all the weight back on.. it didn't go on over night but I choose to ignore it until it got really out of hand x

I have also put a picture on the Fridge of some nice clothes.. maybe you could choose something to do to keep you motivated!! I'm looking to do anything at the moment because it's tough going until the ketosis fairy arrives and spreads her magic..

Ye im in Ireland and it would be to far to travel Sarah, and with working in retail, i could never get that time of year off work.

Margie is coming over here next may for a hen night so we are planing on meeting up...hopefully

I found a foto of me with my niece taken about 7 years ago when i had loss weight just by cutting down on foods and i to didnt realies how much weight i had loss so if i could get there i would be so happy

Boo!!!!
yello all - ;laptop gonna run out of battery!!!

Soooo tired and still sat looking at a half eaten/ crumbled up biscuit at side of me and v aware of pile of pots to wash b4 hubby gets home in half and hour...yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn!

Gosh what a long yawn!

Been told of a surprise dinner on Friday - bloody wonderful: NOT! just getting into the SS saddle and now I have to accommodate a birthday meal of close friends; hubby I'm thinking is thinking I'd be delighted as always complain we don't go out- but why now?????????? of all weeks!!!!Aargh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bless him - he really can't win can he?

I'm watching some twerp on about a parrot's nest who's risked his life to get to some cave to show it down some massive waterfall on BBC 1 'Lost in the land of Volcano' - is BBC 1 trying to push me over the edge? I can't get excited over some rat thing being spotted in a cave so just turned over to channel 109 Watch - who do you think you are and it's only about Bill Bloomin Oddie?! Am i compelled to watch nature things all night?????????????

I watched Eastenders and v disillusioned with script right now...think I'm a bit grumpy!

Isn't it weird how we all have come on some journey to arrive at this point? Kinda special and good really - I defo do not lose weight if I'm not on here - and my hubby hates the fact I'm glued to this - he'll never understand though...

Well got 10 mins to go.... til i have to clean - so tired - have given myself the 10pm curfew - my stomach is rumbling....food tastes so much different to how I remember now too - anyone else found that? xx

claire.. you funny bird (that's a Devonshire saying) ha ha ... no nature programmes on my tv.. I am watching four weddings on Living.. I think I should be a wedding planner.. some people just do not have any idea darrrrrrrlingg... oh get her!!! hope you get to bed soon.. i shall go off to bed and dream of my prince charming.. or frog !! :D

Night all !!!! xx gotta clean!!!- may i add quickly that the biscuit is that of winkles' and not mine! x

Nighty Nite xx I have a busy day tomo.. three appointments to go too..gp, clinic and then cd..

sleep well.... :zz:

R U coming soon Ketosis fairy .. :)

Morning girls :)
Sarah hope you're now in ketosis and things get easier for you hun.
Claire :eek: can you get a menu from the place and plan ahead and be determined on the night? Maybe chicken with salad and no sauce or steak and veg with no chips ;) lol.
Megan food definitely tastes different - I actually don't enjoy it as much and crave fruit / veg over rubbish. When I first started SS I craved tomatoes all the time. People thought that was odd lol.
What's everyone got planned for today? I'm on an advanced CPR course this afternoon, joy :rolleyes:

Right ladies, I am back on it. Sorry I have been awol and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all your well wishes and kind thoughts and words, all thoroughly appreciated.
I'm gonna have a wee recap and catch up :)
Hope you are all ok lovely ones
xxxxxxx

Hello everybody, hope you are all well.

Sorry I havnt been on, but I have a very VERY strong message to pass on to you all.....

I thought I'd be clever and hae 1 pack a day plus a low cal low carb chicken (or salmon) salad, great I hear you say what's wrong with that? Well yesterday i did myself a mischief on the meat slicer at work, wasn't even a bad cut, I was fine for 10 minutes then all of a sudden I felt terrible, started gasping for breath, head spinning the lot. My boss started trying to force feed me flapjacks cos she thought it was the shock, but, bless her, that made me worse, my blood sugar went through the roof and I passed clean out on the floor.

Next thing I knew an ambulance man was manoevering me into a 'legs up head down' position and telling me off for not eating properly! (my boss knows I'm on Cambridge). Anyways, it seems where I was having the salads and not having all my packs I was literally starving my body so when something like that happened, well, it didn't cope too well. So the moral of this story is....PLEASE HAVE ALL YOUR PACKS, EVEN IF YOU 'CHEAT' COS YOU MUST GET ALL YOUR VITAMINS AND STUFF. Oooooo 'eck, sore as ******* so 'over and out'.....for now xxxxxxx

Suzie! sweetheart that sounds bloody awful honey. biggest hugs honey
How are you feeling now????
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Suzie how are you feeling now that must have been frighting, but im glad you told us because i havent been having all my packs and all today i keep getting dizzy and lite headed and now i know why so thanks for sharing.

Margie luv where are you??? :(

does any one else wish the weather would make up its mind im so sick of it changing.

new series "dating in the dark" starting tonite anyone watching it

Lovely to see you back with us Jo :)
Suzie that sounds horrific, please please be careful! Hope you're feeling better very soon hun.
I've sky+'d dating in the dark Meg, what did you think of it?

Back