Consolidation The not so very secret diary of Atropos, 11 &1/2

The team building was imminently survivable - in fact in turned out to be fun, particularly the archery. I'm almost tempted to get a bow!

And I plunged into long hours of work over the weekend to finish the project for today's deadline - only to have a toddler tip a glass of water straight into by laptop seconds before I started the back up to save the revised document.

Argghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sulking over cottage cheese and planning to take the night off. Movies and frozen yogurt anyone?

Archery - fabulous! I'd love to try that!

My husband gets to go on at least one team-building course per year, and they nearly always end up doing something exciting. This time it was driving army vehicles and firing specially adapted rifles at targets. Last time, he flew in a helicopter. So unfair!

Ahh Archery -FUN! I used to do that as a teenager and at Univeristy but no fanatical enough to keep it up!

Glad you had a good time after all!

And commiserations re: the laptop :eek::eek: :(

All files saved and deadlines met - phew!

More signs of the Daily Mail effect - no Total 0% at Waitrose last night!

This is serious, folks - I can't survive without it!!!

Oooh - I look quite cute and geeky!

Gosh, the mere thought of a team building exercise would fill me with dread! I too love archery!! Did it once on a YMCA activity holiday my folk sent me on! (I hated every other activity, mind. Including canoeing!!).

Your poor laptop... I'm amazed you kept your cool!

LOL I've never even watched supernatural and I know "the angel bloke" is hot.

LOL I've never even watched supernatural and I know "the angel bloke" is hot.

I think we may have spotted him in the audience when we went to see "War Horse" a while ago. Certainly looked exactly like him - and even hotter in the flesh. *where's a drooling smilie when you need it?*

My husband had to practically drag me from the theatre. :eek:

I seem to have stabilised around 11 4 or 11 5, which suits me fine.

Today, in theory, I start the second stage of consolidation -

As far as understand it that means I can have two galas a week, but otherwise continue as before.

Woot!

and two starches ...

Well done Atropos - that really is very good going!!

Golly - I haven't really got the hang of one starch yet!

I must admit that with all my faffing around and needing to get myself in the right frame of mind to LOSE some weight, I've not looked in on the Consolidation thread.

Have you reintroduced bread and cheese? One starch per week? One gala per week (or not?!!)

(Can you imagine that, in my day, there were no two part Consos. We had it all from day one. No wonder I regained loads and freaked out!!)

What a day!
I've already had a brush with gangs in Bethnal Green - now I'm on the other side of the city, and there are cars burning in Fulham.

I lived in Brixton through the early 80s - nothing like this; apparently the teen gangs who have been competing for a decade have called a truce to turn on the city which was barely aware of their existence until a few hours ago.

What a day!
I've already had a brush with gangs in Bethnal Green - now I'm on the other side of the city, and there are cars burning in Fulham.

I lived in Brixton through the early 80s - nothing like this; apparently the teen gangs who have been competing for a decade have called a truce to turn on the city which was barely aware of their existence until a few hours ago.

Have been watching this in disbelief on the news! I feel really sorry for the people who have lost their homes.
One reporter on BBC World News was actually wearing a flak jacket and a helmet - you'd usually only see that in a warzone. Jeez, maybe that's what it feels like.

I bet most Londoners are horrified.

Back