The passage of time - will you use it?

Fantastic post, Andy, one that I know I'll return too again and again. Good luck with the driving. My mother never learnt to drive, and my oldest sister, who is celebrating her 46th birthday this month, can't either. (I was the precocious one in our family, I cracked it at only 29!)

Thanks for this post Andy - what an inspiration you are.

I am wanting to click the thx button for you but none there!

Such a moving an inspirational post! Really helped me a lot! Was sitting here feeling low and now i feel so much better. Thank you!

What amazing pictures you now look 20 years younger!

And I'd like to add what an inspirational post. I feel I have wasted the last few years and this has pushed me on. I think only someone who has been there knows these things. Thank you for poasting.

The passing of time isnt going to carry me the way I am anymore. I *am* going to change and this time it is going to be permenant change. For life.

This will be the third time I will have dieted to goal, but this time I am going to get there and stay there - third time lucky!

=) a very inspiration thread. Thanks.

Glad this is still useful to people :)

I've gained a fair bit of weight (am around 16st now when I want to be 14st) so maybe I should have a good read of my original post!

Hi Andy,
Glad you still pop in here sometimes. I hope things are going well fro you.:)

CONGRATULATIONS :character00250:

I'm bumping this for 2 reasons.

1) Because I needed to read the first post again, to help me through a really difficult day. It's helped me a lot to remind myself of the passion I had when I wrote it.
2) Because if it helps just one other person to have the courage to keep going, when it's tough, I'll be a happy man.

Thanks Andy, that is brilliant and so true. I am going to make a copy (hope you don't mind!) and keep reading it to remind myself.

SilverS

I think that to lose weight successful this is a brilliant thing to bear in mind. I'm always whinging that I'm rubbish at dieting because it has taken me 5 months to lose 2 stone and I sometimes wonder why I bother (its also disheartening because in my mind I think I always saw myself as the size I am now, not 2 stone heavier!!) when I have at least 3 and a half stone to go until goal.

But, if I lose another 2 stone in the next 5 months, that's only a stone and a half until I get to goal, and there will still be another year gone whether I make the effort or not :D.

Great post Andy - I'm new to minimins so just finding my way around. I'll keep re-reading it when I need inspiration.

Thanks

Hi,
This has really moved me, I have certainly wasted alot of time, probably the last 8 years so I am determined to lose weight for the last time starting today! x

In some ways I've wasted the last 7 years avoiding friends and hiding in the house because of my weight. No more!

It's crazy how fast time goes, i always think had i started dieting seriously when i first started thinking about it in november 2009, i would be at my goal by now.

Back