Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

The Punisher War Zone-My Fitness Diary

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by The Punisher, 12 July 2009 Social URL.

1. The Punisher

The Punisher Full Member

I'll be keeping this diary to track the progress I will hopefully be making on the road to fit.
    I used to be in brilliant shape-I've never been a member of a gym but I used to religiously use my many exercise dvds every day-I actually had a six pack! Now I have the whole keg! :cry:

I bought The Biggest Loser dvd last week and hope to use it at least 3 times a week. The dvd has 5 different work outs:
    #1-Warm up, cardio, cool down
    #2-Warm up, strength, cool down
    #3-Warm up, cardio, strength, cool down
    #4-Warm up, hip hop masterclass, cool down
    #5-Warm up, strenght, cardio, hip hop, cool down.

My curent measurements (gulp):

Bust-37.5"
    Waist-33"
    Hips-39"

I weigh 10stone 5lbs and, according to an online test I did I have 23.6% body fat, which equals 34.2 Pounds of fat and 110.8 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water)
    It's probably not accurate but I'll go with it for now. When i eventually join a gym I'll get my body fat measured correctly.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. The Punisher

The Punisher Full Member

Yesterday I decided to try workout 3. I had to stop 5 minutes into the strength section, I felt as though I was gonna pass out! :ambulance:
    I don’t know if it’s because I was feeling ill, the heat, the fact that I did cardio before weights, or the fact that I’m that out of shape. Maybe all of the above.
    One issue I have with the dvd is the cardio section. It’s a bit too much like a traditional aerobics class for my liking. Plus I’m exercising in my room upstairs, there’s a lot of me wobbling about and making a lot of noise-which anyone in the living room can hear. Perhaps I should stick with my exercise bike until I build my fitness levels up??? :hmm:

Today I managed workout 2, the strength workout. I was dripping with sweat for the whole 20 main workout section but I loved it! Still feeling a bit ill-there’s a bug going around work at the mo, but I didn’t feel like I was going to pass out so that’s a bonus. But I think tomorrow may have to be a rest day. :snoopyhouse:

4. Capirossi

Capirossi Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Hey! Good to see someone else hard at it too, and keeping a diary. I started back today, did fine with my weights but too felt sick when doing the cardio at the end :break_diet:

My goal weight is about the same as yours, only I am aiming for a higher one first, as after that I am hoping to have increased my muscle mass and then the weight will probably be irrelevant, but just over 8stone is the 'size' I am aiming for too!

Good luck. Will be an avid reader of your diary :cool:

5. The Punisher

The Punisher Full Member

My end goal is to put on about 10lbs to a stone of muscle when I get to goal weight-which is why I'm aiming as low as I am. My body's normally pretty happy around the 9stone mark, but I'd like 9 stone and Lara Croft not 9 stone and 'skinny fat' :D

6. Capirossi

Capirossi Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Same here!! Don't you just hate 'skinny fat'?! So many people just don't get it either :rolleyes: lol

7. The Punisher

The Punisher Full Member

I know! one of the girls at work heard me talking about building muscle and she started going on about me wanting to look like Arnie! Erm, not physically possible! Even after I explained about testosterone and the god knows what that female body builders must use, she still didn't get it. I think she's expecting me to come into work some day all hulk-ified! lol

8. Capirossi

Capirossi Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Haha!! Class!!! I can't even be bothered explaining anymore. And I just love the "I don't want to get all muscley, I just want to lose weight and 'tone up'", even after you have gone through the whole principle with them :banghead:

This is why I could never be a fitness instructor :rolleyes:, they must need the patience of a saint!

9. The Punisher

The Punisher Full Member

Well I felt much better after having a rest day yesterday so I hit workout 2 again after work today. I had planned on doing some cardio afterwards but that didn't happen. I still felt like I was going to pass out during the workout-it's only 25 minutes for Pete's sake! I still can't manage the push ups, ended up just doing dips against the wall. The planks damn near killed me, and I'm using the puniest dumbell in the house. :cry:

I'm so out of shape I could cry! As soon as I get shot of my first stone I'm joining a gym. I want my six pack back!

10. The Punisher

The Punisher Full Member

I kinda fell by the wayside as far as exercise goes last week-TOTM. I don't care what anyone says about exercise relieving cramps, there was no way I was exercising when it felt as though someone was hitting my back with a sledgehammer whilst simultaneously punching me in the belly!

So I got back on the wagon today-I did section 2 of the Biggest Loser dvd, followed by 20 minutes on the exercise bike. I was dripping with swaet but not half as out of breath as when I attempted it last week. i even manged the press ups, not the full ones though, same goes for the dreaded plank! I feel like I'll never be able to do that one! :argh: My poor ickle legs felt like jelly when I got off the exercise bike as well... :(
    I can't wait until I'm back in shape again!

11. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    I think we need proper instructions here,

12. The Punisher

The Punisher Full Member

????

Monday was a light exercise day-just 40 minutes on the exercise bike, including warm up and cool down. I just didn't have the time for anything else. But hey, at least I squeezed something in!

I hit section 5 of the Biggest Loser dvd yesterday, and managed it without wanting to kill the Angie and Richard. :p
    I reckon I'm going to start enjoying this exercise malarky soon!

13. The Punisher

The Punisher Full Member

40 minutes cardio today-just jumped on the exercise bike as I was totally exhausted thanks to only getting 4 hours sleep last night :(
    Felt a slight twinge in one of my knees when I was on the bike, think I'll need to keep my eye on that. I'll see how it is tomorrow if I manage to get any exercise in

14. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    The trouble with dvd's is that they are o ne size fits all! That's why I have moved on to EA Spors Active on the Wii! On the easy track it's only 18 mins! But you sweat like a pig and you feel wonderful!

15. The Punisher

The Punisher Full Member

Yeah some of the dvd's do seem to expect prior knowledge and a certain level of fitness. I know I'm totally out of shape but that dvd is bloody hard! I've watched a few episodes of The Biggest Loser and I really can't imagine that being the workout the contestants were doing on day one. If it is, fair play to them!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.