The Punisher War Zone-My Fitness Diary

The Punisher

I'll be keeping this diary to track the progress I will hopefully be making on the road to fit.
I used to be in brilliant shape-I've never been a member of a gym but I used to religiously use my many exercise dvds every day-I actually had a six pack! Now I have the whole keg! :cry:

I bought The Biggest Loser dvd last week and hope to use it at least 3 times a week. The dvd has 5 different work outs:
#1-Warm up, cardio, cool down
#2-Warm up, strength, cool down
#3-Warm up, cardio, strength, cool down
#4-Warm up, hip hop masterclass, cool down
#5-Warm up, strenght, cardio, hip hop, cool down.

My curent measurements (gulp):

Bust-37.5"
Waist-33"
Hips-39"

I weigh 10stone 5lbs and, according to an online test I did I have 23.6% body fat, which equals 34.2 Pounds of fat and 110.8 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water)
It's probably not accurate but I'll go with it for now. When i eventually join a gym I'll get my body fat measured correctly.

Yesterday I decided to try workout 3. I had to stop 5 minutes into the strength section, I felt as though I was gonna pass out! :ambulance:
I don’t know if it’s because I was feeling ill, the heat, the fact that I did cardio before weights, or the fact that I’m that out of shape. Maybe all of the above.
One issue I have with the dvd is the cardio section. It’s a bit too much like a traditional aerobics class for my liking. Plus I’m exercising in my room upstairs, there’s a lot of me wobbling about and making a lot of noise-which anyone in the living room can hear. Perhaps I should stick with my exercise bike until I build my fitness levels up??? :hmm:

Today I managed workout 2, the strength workout. I was dripping with sweat for the whole 20 main workout section but I loved it! Still feeling a bit ill-there’s a bug going around work at the mo, but I didn’t feel like I was going to pass out so that’s a bonus. But I think tomorrow may have to be a rest day. :snoopyhouse:

Hey! Good to see someone else hard at it too, and keeping a diary. I started back today, did fine with my weights but too felt sick when doing the cardio at the end :break_diet:

My goal weight is about the same as yours, only I am aiming for a higher one first, as after that I am hoping to have increased my muscle mass and then the weight will probably be irrelevant, but just over 8stone is the 'size' I am aiming for too!

Good luck. Will be an avid reader of your diary :cool:

:break_diet:

My goal weight is about the same as yours, only I am aiming for a higher one first, as after that I am hoping to have increased my muscle mass and then the weight will probably be irrelevant, but just over 8stone is the 'size' I am aiming for too!

Good luck. Will be an avid reader of your diary :cool:

My end goal is to put on about 10lbs to a stone of muscle when I get to goal weight-which is why I'm aiming as low as I am. My body's normally pretty happy around the 9stone mark, but I'd like 9 stone and Lara Croft not 9 stone and 'skinny fat' :D

Same here!! Don't you just hate 'skinny fat'?! So many people just don't get it either :rolleyes: lol

I know! one of the girls at work heard me talking about building muscle and she started going on about me wanting to look like Arnie! Erm, not physically possible! Even after I explained about testosterone and the god knows what that female body builders must use, she still didn't get it. I think she's expecting me to come into work some day all hulk-ified! lol

Haha!! Class!!! I can't even be bothered explaining anymore. And I just love the "I don't want to get all muscley, I just want to lose weight and 'tone up'", even after you have gone through the whole principle with them :banghead:

This is why I could never be a fitness instructor :rolleyes:, they must need the patience of a saint!

Well I felt much better after having a rest day yesterday so I hit workout 2 again after work today. I had planned on doing some cardio afterwards but that didn't happen. I still felt like I was going to pass out during the workout-it's only 25 minutes for Pete's sake! I still can't manage the push ups, ended up just doing dips against the wall. The planks damn near killed me, and I'm using the puniest dumbell in the house. :cry:

I'm so out of shape I could cry! As soon as I get shot of my first stone I'm joining a gym. I want my six pack back!

I kinda fell by the wayside as far as exercise goes last week-TOTM. I don't care what anyone says about exercise relieving cramps, there was no way I was exercising when it felt as though someone was hitting my back with a sledgehammer whilst simultaneously punching me in the belly!

So I got back on the wagon today-I did section 2 of the Biggest Loser dvd, followed by 20 minutes on the exercise bike. I was dripping with swaet but not half as out of breath as when I attempted it last week. i even manged the press ups, not the full ones though, same goes for the dreaded plank! I feel like I'll never be able to do that one! :argh: My poor ickle legs felt like jelly when I got off the exercise bike as well... :(
I can't wait until I'm back in shape again!

I think we need proper instructions here,

I think we need proper instructions here,

????

Monday was a light exercise day-just 40 minutes on the exercise bike, including warm up and cool down. I just didn't have the time for anything else. But hey, at least I squeezed something in!

I hit section 5 of the Biggest Loser dvd yesterday, and managed it without wanting to kill the Angie and Richard. :p
I reckon I'm going to start enjoying this exercise malarky soon!

40 minutes cardio today-just jumped on the exercise bike as I was totally exhausted thanks to only getting 4 hours sleep last night :(
Felt a slight twinge in one of my knees when I was on the bike, think I'll need to keep my eye on that. I'll see how it is tomorrow if I manage to get any exercise in

The trouble with dvd's is that they are o ne size fits all! That's why I have moved on to EA Spors Active on the Wii! On the easy track it's only 18 mins! But you sweat like a pig and you feel wonderful!

The trouble with dvd's is that they are o ne size fits all! That's why I have moved on to EA Spors Active on the Wii! On the easy track it's only 18 mins! But you sweat like a pig and you feel wonderful!

Yeah some of the dvd's do seem to expect prior knowledge and a certain level of fitness. I know I'm totally out of shape but that dvd is bloody hard! I've watched a few episodes of The Biggest Loser and I really can't imagine that being the workout the contestants were doing on day one. If it is, fair play to them!

Back