The Ramblings of Katie85 - My LT Diary

Katie's Diary

Decided to start a diary as it'll help me, hopefully help others too. well I am nearing the end of day 1, a very emotionally draining day but stayed 100% which has made it all worth while.

Im not new to LT, I've done a few attempts but they've always ended in failure .. I've done from 1 week to a few months. Now many would say that LT probably isn't for me given those failures but in those previous attempts it was me who wasn't for LT .. This time I feel we are a prefect match.

So DAY 1 - started at 24 stone 1lb so I've a long way to go so you'll be hearing a lot from me. I have stayed 100% and had a really good day water wise, however I had such a busy day at work and not having my diet coke fix means that I feel emotionally drained. I had to come home and go straight to the before and after photo thread to stay inspired. Inspired I was.

My quote of the week: what you eat in private, you wear in public.

Day 2 - managed to get a good nights sleep ( I find that a positive on LT that I sleep well) hoping to get another day of good water intake again.

I think the hardest thing about today will be resisting a subway at lunch. I'll just stay in the office with my shake lol.

Further update of day 2 - stayed 100% and managed to maintain good water intake. Feeling a bit sorry for self though as there is a bottle of wine in the rack wanting to be drank but I can't have it oh how refreshing that would be. Never mind I'll sink a few bottles the day I hit goal and celebrate.

Last edited:

Hi Katie I hope day 3 is going well for you?

Hi guys, yeah day 3 has gone ok thank you. Stayed 100% but not had as much water today :-/ ... I didn't get a headache as I expected to but I do feel awfully tired. I was a diet coke drinker before this diet, really miss it.

Are you 2 on LT?

No hun I'm on Cambridge at the moment. X

Day 4 - 100% still, so far so good. The water intake is going good but got the dreaded headache but I expected it.

I have been talking in another thread about mini goals, ive sat on my lunch today, shake in hand and set a few mini goals .. Makes a change from sat with a big sandwich, crisps and diet coke. I think mini goals are so important.

Day 4 - 100% still, so far so good. The water intake is going good but got the dreaded headache but I expected it.

I have been talking in another thread about mini goals, ive sat on my lunch today, shake in hand and set a few mini goals .. Makes a change from sat with a big sandwich, crisps and diet coke. I think mini goals are so important.

I have 3stone to loose current weight 13 stone 6iibs i hope i last the weekend fingers crossed

Day 5 - 100% still. I don't find Saturday's too hard in general as always kept occupied with all the football. Not going out tonight so no temptations there.

i have lots of books to read so going to take up reading again, I really enjoy it but often find I don't find the time .. Perfect time too. It should keep my mind occupied.

I am sat debating about what exercise dvd to take up. I have no intention of doing exercise in my first 2 weeks, I want my body to get used to my intake first, but after my 2nd weigh in I shall commence with at least 1 hour daily. I think I'll swim 3/4 times a week and then do a fitness dvd at home a couple of times a week. Just finding the right one, I'd feel more at ease doing it at home rather than a class at the moment.

Day 6 - 100% Still. Going to really focus on the water today as my intake wasn't great yesterday (probably the reason I had a bad headache before bed).

Sunday's are my hardest day by far but there is plenty of football on today so that will help lol. This diet does make me unsociable but who cares, once at goal I'll dust off my wings and be a social butterfly .

Well I survived my first Sunday, eek that was hard though as I went to my parents where there was a Sunday roast etc .. Avoided temptation which I was proud of, also got through the day despite my dad telling me about 10 times to come off the 'silly shakes'. Very tiring day emotionally but Im all settled now feeling proud I'm still 100%

HI Katie sorry wasn't on this all weekend I did great on saturday kept busy ,but sunday nearly killed me like you i went to my moms and she had a yummy roast dinner. Back to monday again thank god find it much easier when i'm at work i've my weigh in tomorrow and I cant wait. last night i Came in hives all over my legs, the girls at work are telling me its something i ate ( they don't know i have a week done on lipotrim )

Hi :) so glad you stayed 100% ... It's hard isn't it but what a great feeling waking up 100%. Oh the hives sound unpleasant, wonder what that is?

Ive my weigh in tomorrow too ... Excited x

Hi :) so glad you stayed 100% ... It's hard isn't it but what a great feeling waking up 100%. Oh the hives sound unpleasant, wonder what that is?

Ive my weigh in tomorrow too ... Excited �� x

All I hope is its nothing to do with lipotrim and i can keep going:) I feel great today and so happy for sticking it to day 7 wow a week with no food i'm so pround of myself and can feel it in my clothes already. fingers crossed for tomorrow

I have never heard anyone get hives on LT but speak to your pharmacist. Hope they go :)

so you should be proud too, you've done amazing. I feel proud too as the first 7 days is always the hardest and ive proven I can do it. Are you excited for tomorrow? X

Back