The Ramblings of Katie85 - My LT Diary

Thanks guys sorry for all the questions! I'm actually looking forward to starting now! My godsons christening is Saturday so that's why I decided not to start till Sunday! I'm psyched! May need some inspiring but will get there you guys seem to have done brilliantly!?

Thanks guys sorry for all the questions! I'm actually looking forward to starting now! My godsons christening is Saturday so that's why I decided not to start till Sunday! I'm psyched! May need some inspiring but will get there you guys seem to have done brilliantly!?

No need to be sorry, questions are welcomed :) glad you're looking forward to it, it's tough the first 3/4 days so you need willpower. I have done 6 weeks and a few days, completely 100%. If I can do it anyone can. We will all be here to inspire you :)

No need to be sorry, questions are welcomed :) glad you're looking forward to it, it's tough the first 3/4 days so you need willpower. I have done 6 weeks and a few days, completely 100%. If I can do it anyone can. We will all be here to inspire you :)

Here here... Yer a trooper Katie... Xx

I am restarting on Saturday Bikini, so we can do this together. I didn't have that rough a time starting last time (in January). The first four days getting past the start of ketosis really weren't that bad. A few headaches, but you just drink more water the minute you feel one coming on. And you learn that if you get the required water down throughout the day, the headaches are less likely. You can do this. After you get used to it, the structure is so easy and the weight only goes down.

You are closer now than you were.... That's a huge positive :-D

Very true. I think it's when I look to my overall goal it seems so long away, so I'll have to focus more on my mini goals. I have hit another stone Mark on my last weigh in but still haven't bought myself a treat for it. I think I'll do that today.

JoanieK, a week into on my re-feed, I found a BIG bag of forgotten Malteasers in my suitcase, meant for my husband's christmas stocking. I am in California now, where we do NOT have Malteasers. No greater temptation, and I was on re-feed. I ended up throwing half of them out because after being on TFR for 8 weeks, they really didn't taste that great anymore. And they stick to your teeth like paste. They just weren't worth it. I couldn't believe I felt that way, because they are (were!) my favorite. You know something major has happened when fish tastes fabulous and Malteasers taste just meh.

I bet the taste of any food is weird after so long of TFR ... I bet you can taste fat and sugar more. Can't be nice :-(

I can really taste the difference between fresh healthy food and junk food. Including junk food masquerading as healthy food. So that's a super welcome change. Had a small portion of coconut rice with dinner one evening at a Burmese restaurant and I could have sworn it was dessert.

I bet the taste of any food is weird after so long of TFR ... I bet you can taste fat and sugar more. Can't be nice :-(

I thoroughly enjoyed my food on refeed... The food handed to me on the hens was ok... Not delicious.. Definitely preferred my meals at home...

I can really taste the difference between fresh healthy food and junk food. Including junk food masquerading as healthy food. So that's a super welcome change. Had a small portion of coconut rice with dinner one evening at a Burmese restaurant and I could have sworn it was dessert.

I suppose that'll go over time but if it doesn't then it's a real tool in maintaining. I bet it was a dessert. How's California?

I thoroughly enjoyed my food on refeed... The food handed to me on the hens was ok... Not delicious.. Definitely preferred my meals at home...

so you have a healthier palet now?

I suppose that'll go over time but if it doesn't then it's a real tool in maintaining. I bet it was a dessert. How's California?

so you have a healthier palet now?

I'm lucky that I have a healthy pallet anyway :) my problem is I don't eat enough. Or eat regularly. I stay the same weight for years and put on when I'm ill or from pregnancy and the broken foot etc. I have to learn to take care of myself lol... And to start to enjoy cooking for myself...

Ha isn't it weird how we have these mad thoughts about food when on LT. I think had I bought the bunny I'd have eaten him. I've had all my shakes sadly.

I know- thank god for you lot understanding the weirdness is at least partly LT related!!

Bikini Fear we all start of in the same place- fed up and needing some major help. It take time and it's a journey but it is so worthwhile. We all have our rough days and we learn most from them and overcoming our demons!

Very true. I think it's when I look to my overall goal it seems so long away, so I'll have to focus more on my mini goals. I have hit another stone Mark on my last weigh in but still haven't bought myself a treat for it. I think I'll do that today.

Oh totally you really should! I suppose in hindsight everything goes quickly but looking ahead it seems forever. But remember you are shrinking all along the way and you will have so many fabulous moments on the way when you discover you can fit in smaller sizes and clothes you never thought you'd wear!

JoanieK, a week into on my re-feed, I found a BIG bag of forgotten Malteasers in my suitcase, meant for my husband's christmas stocking. I am in California now, where we do NOT have Malteasers. No greater temptation, and I was on re-feed. I ended up throwing half of them out because after being on TFR for 8 weeks, they really didn't taste that great anymore. And they stick to your teeth like paste. They just weren't worth it. I couldn't believe I felt that way, because they are (were!) my favorite. You know something major has happened when fish tastes fabulous and Malteasers taste just meh.

Funny First time I did LT I had no notion of chocolate for about 6 months. My palate was totally cleansed and I had been addicted to Coca cola, bought a can as I had a dodgy tummy and spat it out- it was disgusting!! The fish thing as well I CAN'T WAIT to have some grilled sea bass with a little rock salt and black pepper!

Back