The RD Chronicles - Bowing out for now

"I won't get too graphic here as this isn't an X-rated forum but suffice to say our night went on until 5am and was helped along the way by a bottle of sherry, three packets of chocolate buttons and our fab new (room for two) shower cabin!

so the choice is ... we throw a party for our anniversary OR run away for a dirty weekend. Hmmmm.

Opinions please?"

given this entry i'd say the weekend away ;) ;) ;) :D
you saucy mare!!!

Last edited:
Congratulations on the job RD ... it sounds great!

Anniversary ... mmmmmmmm I love the Centre parcs in Holland - so i think i'd be selfish and go for that ... take some choccy buttons and sherry with you!!!

Not sure what came over us last night but our usual Saturday night routine went out of the window - 'usual' being a quiet night watching TV or perhaps a DVD and bed at about midnight. Yawnnn!

Don't know where the idea originated but we decided to have some quality 'us' time and ended up blockaded in our bedroom after telling DDs (19 & 11) that unless the house was on fire, we didn't want to be disturbed.

I won't get too graphic here as this isn't an X-rated forum but suffice to say our night went on until 5am and was helped along the way by a bottle of sherry, three packets of chocolate buttons and our fab new (room for two) shower cabin! For the first time, I broke my diet without a single pang of guilt: it was worth the extra calories!

This morning (who am I trying to kid - it was 1pm!) I hopped on the scales and was down another 1lb to 13st 6lb. Pretty pleased with that, as I was 14st 2lb four days ago. Much as I'd love this fantastic rate of loss to continue, I'm fully prepared for a slowing as I'm not SSing and therefore not in ketosis. Half a stone a month would be nice though.

I spoke to my sister yesterday and she has suggested a family holiday to the Maldives in the summer. I'd be at goal by then and we're sorely tempted (finances permitting of course). Watch this space.

Hubby and I are also thinking of taking a short break some time soon to a Centre Parcs VIP cottage in Holland as a wedding anniversary gift to ourselves. It's not far from Amsterdam (I've been there a few times and love it) so the choice is ... we throw a party for our anniversary OR run away for a dirty weekend. Hmmmm.

Opinions please?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

and thats what happens when you get a new job and have a glass of sherry - blimey!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I just want to know what you did with the buttons

Irene xx

Again, without being too graphic it involved having to consume them quickly before they melted ;)

.... and a dirty weekend is called such because it usually involves no housework or laundry ;) ;)

You saucy little vixen Irene!! LOL

Then perhaps you should! I think RD is setting a fine example here - one we should all be following.

By the way - the dirty weekend wins hands down!

Love Barb xx

Today I'm exhausted. It's probably a combination of things both physical and mental (perhaps too much sherry and too many chocolate buttons) but the net result is that I feel as limp as a wrung out rag!

It was the first day of the new semester at University and I had to be there for my first lecture at 9am. Living on a peninsular as I do, the traffic to get off in the mornings is such that I have to leave at 7.15am to get there in time. Normally that wouldn't be a problem but I was up until after midnight helping DD#2 with her final preparations for her move to Plymouth today. Her Royal Marine husband had already moved ahead of her and was living on the base until both she and their furniture arrived today so she spent last night with us.

She had to leave by 4am so I was up before then to see her off; both DH and myself already feel a huge gap because she's not here - we're going to miss her like mad. I couldn't really get back to sleep and it seemed that the moment I did, the alarm went off at 6am and then I was on that morning conveyor belt, showering, doing my hair, making packed lunches and ironing shirts.

I made it in time for my lecture: it finished at 11am and then I had a three hour wait until the next one began at 2pm. In that time, I sat in the canteen and tried reading a bit of 'Mrs Dalloway' by Virginia Woolf (which I'm supposed to have finished by now) ... thirty pages in, I decided it's one of the most boring books I've ever scan-read in my life! It took three cups of strong black coffee to stop my head from tipping forward, comotose and pinning the book to the table.

On a more positive note, I picked up three of my summative assessments today and was delighted with marks of 62, 65 and 68 (all 2:1 level :) )
I just hope I can keep this standard up in the weeks and months ahead.

A long, tedious, traffic-laden journey home in the dark just about finished me off so here I sit now typing this with all the energy of Eeyore on a slow day.

On the diet front, there have been a couple of side-steps (namely the sherry and buttons) but on the whole, I'm finding it pretty easy to stick to. My first official weigh-in on the 22nd will reveal just how effective this 1000 plan really is. Or isn't.

Well done on your marks, and good look for the weigh in x

Back