The RD Chronicles - Bowing out for now

The other thing you could do is write to someone like the editor of Woman or Womans Own with your story - they might consider telling your story and then doing follow up articles as your surgery progresses. They know all too well that that kind of article sells mags and you have got great before and after pics. I really think it's worth a try, you never know till you ask!

Love Barb xxxxxxxx

Well, everyone. English Heritage was going to telephone next week and let me know about the job ..... today I got a phone call and .....................

Hello from the new Education Facilitator for Fort Brockhurst! I got the job!! Woooo hooooo!!

I was so surprised they phoned me the day after the interview - I must have said something right! ;)

This is a pilot scheme by EH and so I'm in right at the ground floor as the whole education package for schools (including taking the workshops to the schools themselves) hasn't even been devised yet. How this is actually put together is something I'll be having a big say in so I'm really excited.

At 3.45 I went to my CDC's and weighed in at 13st 10lb (1lb up on my scales this morning but to be expected at the end of the day with 3 litres of water down). I'm fine with that ... I was 14st 2lb only two days ago!

I see her again on the 22nd - hopefully a few more pounds will be gone by then.

All in all it's been a good day!

Congratulations on getting the job, and on getting into your new weight loss groove - looks like 2007 is definitely going your way :cool:

CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES WOOHOO

Well, everyone. English Heritage was going to telephone next week and let me know about the job ..... today I got a phone call and .....................

Hello from the new Education Facilitator for Fort Brockhurst! I got the job!! Woooo hooooo!!

I was so surprised they phoned me the day after the interview - I must have said something right! ;)

Debbie,

let me be the first (I hope of many) to say SU-BLOODY-PERB

well, well,well,well,well done

now go live your dream (well, you know what I mean)

Thanks DQ ... and to you Mindless

This indeed feels a bit like a dream. Bearing in mind that I was a teenage single mum back in 1980 and spent the following 25 years in grindlingly menial jobs (mainly cleaning), I could never, ever in my wildest dreams have imagined myself at University and about to work on an exciting project for English Heritage as I am now.

Pinch me someone .... no don't; I might wake up! :)

Congrats RD...wow fantastic start to 2007 and to hear so soon, you must have rocked at that interview..

Woohoo!!!! :D :D :D

I was just browsing before bedtime (lurking if the truth be known .. I wasn't even logged in :eek: ), but just had to sign in to congratulate you both on the weightloss and getting that fab job!!

You're a real star, babe!! Keep on shining! :cool:

Much love

Wooooohoooooo!! Massive massive massive congratulations.

The job sounds fantastic and very exciting.

Well done on a fab loss as well.

Hi RD!

So pleased to hear that you got the job - sounds very interesting and i'm sure you'll be great at it.....:)

Well done on the weight loss too.....:)

Sounds like everything is coming together for you and long may it continue you certainly deserve it......:)

Plus a lovely, caring, thoughtful hubby to boot eh.....can't be bad;)

Love

Just caught up Debbie - that is brilliant news, I can't say i am surprised, but I am thrilled for you. This is going to be your year, what a fantastic start. You've got your plan sorted dietwise and now you have landed a dream job. Well Done - you totally deserve it.

love Barb xxx

thats absolutly fantastic news Debbie :D :D ;)
2007 is going to be THE year for you ( & me too but this isn't about me)
look forward to hearing all about it hun
xx:)

Congratulations on your new job and getting back on track with your diet...this year is looking brill already for you!!!

Love Mini xxx

Well done RD, things are going your way now, you must have kicked backside at that interview x

OMG - very well done on the job, hun!!!!

I would LOVE to have a job like that!!!! How exciting!!!!

I'm made up for you, hun!!!

xxxxxx

PS well done on the weight loss too!!!!

Not sure what came over us last night but our usual Saturday night routine went out of the window - 'usual' being a quiet night watching TV or perhaps a DVD and bed at about midnight. Yawnnn!

Don't know where the idea originated but we decided to have some quality 'us' time and ended up blockaded in our bedroom after telling DDs (19 & 11) that unless the house was on fire, we didn't want to be disturbed.

I won't get too graphic here as this isn't an X-rated forum but suffice to say our night went on until 5am and was helped along the way by a bottle of sherry, three packets of chocolate buttons and our fab new (room for two) shower cabin! For the first time, I broke my diet without a single pang of guilt: it was worth the extra calories!

This morning (who am I trying to kid - it was 1pm!) I hopped on the scales and was down another 1lb to 13st 6lb. Pretty pleased with that, as I was 14st 2lb four days ago. Much as I'd love this fantastic rate of loss to continue, I'm fully prepared for a slowing as I'm not SSing and therefore not in ketosis. Half a stone a month would be nice though.

I spoke to my sister yesterday and she has suggested a family holiday to the Maldives in the summer. I'd be at goal by then and we're sorely tempted (finances permitting of course). Watch this space.

Hubby and I are also thinking of taking a short break some time soon to a Centre Parcs VIP cottage in Holland as a wedding anniversary gift to ourselves. It's not far from Amsterdam (I've been there a few times and love it) so the choice is ... we throw a party for our anniversary OR run away for a dirty weekend. Hmmmm.

Opinions please?

Back