The really slow loss team!

Get that water down your neck Lisa - most of it will be dehydration bloat..............

I "gained" 3.6lbs whilst away for 10 days on holiday, but 2lbs has already gone since Friday so most of that was carb bloat (no brown bread to speak of in Greece it seems :() and dehydration (it was high 30s/low 40s degrees most days and I still felt thirsty despite drinking at least 3 litres of water every day and not a drop of booze passing my lips!).

I probably have had a small gain as I had dressings on gyros and salads that were no doubt full fat Greek yoghurt based (delicious though :)), you couldn't get skimmed milk so semi skimmed had to do and the only breakfasts available were fry ups so I stuck to cereals - the lowest calorie I could find. No fruit salads unless they were lathered with ice cream or squirty stuff (and you apdi teh same whether it was removed or not!!) and in a small village there were no supermarkets just a couple of tiny food shops unless one wanted to walk 5km to the nearest town in the burgeoning heat as there were no local buses services either and I wasn't paying 18 euro return to go 5km down the road by taxi :eek: In any case our "self-catering" apartment consisted of a single ring electric hob and no oven so cooking was pretty much out of the question too!

Still, I enjoyed the wall to wall sunshine for 9 days - very elusive in the UK over the past few summers; although the heat could have been turned down a bit - it was BOILING. The entertainment was amazing (it was a rock tribute holiday) and it was nice just not to be stuck behind a desk all day as well.......... I love my job, but hate all the sitting in front of a computer on my butt for 8-9 hours 5 days a week :(

Your jeans will soon be back to normal if you keep guzzling I am sure. If you can't face water, have NAS squash instead - I find it much easier to get my quota in that way.

Ok this diary is for last week when I lost 1lb:

DAY 1:
B – egg & beans on toast (HEXB)
Apple

L – couscous (1syn), cottage cheese & salad
2 handfuls of grapes

D – SW moussaka (HEXA cheese & extra cheese (6syns)

Snacks – milk (1), curly wurly (6), banoffee yogurt (1) = 15 syns

DAY 2:

B – egg on toast (HEXB & 2syn on marg)

L – new potatoes & cheese (HEXA) salad
2 satsumas,

D – roast potatoes, paxo stuffing (2.5syns), quorn fillets, 1/3 veg
ASDA rhubarb yogurt

Snacks: strawberries, 1 apples, small bunch of grapes, curly wurly (6) = 10.5 syns

DAY 3:

2 satsumas

D – 140g basmati rice
Ratatouille (2syns)
1 tbsp cottage cheese

Snacks: 2 apples, bunch of grapes, curly wurly (6), WW crisps (4) = 14 syns

DAY 4:

B – egg on toast (HEXB & 2 syns on marg)

L – jacket potato & cheese (HEXA), salad
Apple

D – 125g w/wheat couscous, quorn pieces
2 onions, pepper, toms

Snacks – banana & ff yogurt, 2 satsumas, 2 apples, curly wurly (6) = 8 syns

DAY 5:

B – egg on toast (HEXB & 2syns on marg)

Apple,

D – 167g quorn, 2 packs of noodles
Mixed veg, stify fry veg

Snacks – 2 satsumas, small portion basmati rice, yogurt, curly wurly (6) = 8 syns

DAY 6:

Apple

L – couscous (1 syn), cottage cheese & salad
2 satsumas

D – jacket potato & cheese (HEXA), salad
Strawberries

Snacks – apple, curly wurly (6), crumble yogurt (1) = 10 syns

DAY 7:

Apple

D – cheese (HEXA) omelette
Salad

Snacks – apple, 2 satsumas, strawberries, curly wurly (6) = 8 syns

Exercise:

DAY 3 – 1 hour
DAY 4 – 1 hour
DAY 5 – 40 minutes
DAY 6 – 45 minutes
DAY 7 – 45 minutes

What do you think? Anything wrong?

Your diary looks really good to me. The only criticism I could make its is possibly a bit predictable and when the body adjusts to eating the same things it'll tend not to lose, maybe mix up your breakfasts a little more. If you really like eggs try and omelette instead with Superfree veg, or some Weetabix and fresh fruit one day, if you keep your body on its toes a little more the constant changes could shake things up a little. Looks pretty well balanced though and a v healthy food diary, even if you aren't losing as fast as you want you seem to be balancing carbs, veg, protein well which if you do heavy exercise every day you need to, otherwise you will drop weight yes but gain no muscle mass which you need to burn calories effectively and have a good body fat percentage. Out of curiosity have you been and had you fat percentage checked as you do loads of exercise and are eating right so that's often a much better indication of how healthy you are rather than being dependent on scales. Anyone training harder should really go by fat % rather than scales or BMI as its a true reflection of how healthy your body is. Xxx

Your diary looks really good to me. The only criticism I could make its is possibly a bit predictable and when the body adjusts to eating the same things it'll tend not to lose, maybe mix up your breakfasts a little more. If you really like eggs try and omelette instead with Superfree veg, or some Weetabix and fresh fruit one day, if you keep your body on its toes a little more the constant changes could shake things up a little. Looks pretty well balanced though and a v healthy food diary, even if you aren't losing as fast as you want you seem to be balancing carbs, veg, protein well which if you do heavy exercise every day you need to, otherwise you will drop weight yes but gain no muscle mass which you need to burn calories effectively and have a good body fat percentage. Out of curiosity have you been and had you fat percentage checked as you do loads of exercise and are eating right so that's often a much better indication of how healthy you are rather than being dependent on scales. Anyone training harder should really go by fat % rather than scales or BMI as its a true reflection of how healthy your body is. Xxx

Yes if I was to pinpoint something I would also think I could mix up my breakfasts. I don't mind having an omlette (I've been meaning to do that) but I like using my HEXA on cheese not milk so I won't have cereal. I used to have puffed wheat as you get more for the allowance but even that with fruit after just didn't fill me up enough. No I've never had my fat % measured, where can I go to get it done? I don't mind if I can visibly see myself toning but don't lose the lb's, or lose the lb's even if I can't see the difference, but right now there's not a big change.

Morning Ladies,I have been awol the last weeks,and managed to put 2 more pds on :'( no one to blame but me !!!
Well as it's 2 wks to birthday and 3 to my hols now I am not going to reach target but at the moment any losses are good:-/ so this morning have done 1hr 20 mins exercise and have planned a ee day,having chinese take away for tea, my son and nephew are getting confirmed tonight.
I plan to post daily to keep me on track.
So have a good afternoon

Ann xx @-}--

conlou1 said:
Firstly have a hug xx
Secondly stop feeling guilty and ashamed that won't help anything, you can't change what has been and looking back is only going to
Make you feel worse. Delete all your previous weight recordings, and start again. It's upto you where you go from here. Use this as an opportunity to change things, decide which path you want to follow diet wise and commit to it. Which means fully commit to it, it's not worth feeling this down for the sake of meals out etc. you had health problems recently and mustn't be too hard on yourself but previous to that we had s long spell of guessing syns and being in denial over what you was and wasn't eating. I think now it's time to be totally honest with yourself and every single thing you put in your mouth should be weighed measured and counted. If you can't weigh and measure it, don't eat it. When eating out you can check where you are goin g and plan what to have while you have the chance to sit and work out exactly how many syns it is and if you can't find it online ring head office that's what they are there for. Pick yourself up and dust yourself down and make a new plan. Remember your size doesn't define who you are as a person, your not a failure as a person cos you've struggled, your human. It's where you go from here. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you Lou you are the voice of reason which I needed and I do appreciate the time you have taken to help me you really are very patient X X X

Right I have dusted myself off went to the gym on Sunday and started calorie counting again using WLR which I have been paying for since the year dot !

I actually feel really good about myself until I see the scales which has always been the way that stupid numbers dictate my moods and I need to get a grip.

I am 38 end of September so I have set myself three months to lose half a stone just over 2lbs a month which even I should do if I am truly 100%. Got a couple of weekends away planned but with calorie counting I will cut down during the week.

WLR gives me just over 1200 gals a day plus exercise calories.

Onwards and downwards

LisaC said:
Yes if I was to pinpoint something I would also think I could mix up my breakfasts. I don't mind having an omlette (I've been meaning to do that) but I like using my HEXA on cheese not milk so I won't have cereal. I used to have puffed wheat as you get more for the allowance but even that with fruit after just didn't fill me up enough. No I've never had my fat % measured, where can I go to get it done? I don't mind if I can visibly see myself toning but don't lose the lb's, or lose the lb's even if I can't see the difference, but right now there's not a big change.

You could have cereal with yogurt instead of milk and that would save your allowance. Maybe eating too many eggs could be a problem as even though they are super good for you they hAve a lot of fat in.. I can't say much as I have them nearly every day too but I also lose so slowly I've often thought that could be the case. If you go to the boots machines they measure your fat, Or if you're a member of a gym some gyms have this machine can't remember what it's called that literally gives you a complete health check. Xx

lisa definitely cut down on the eggs, they also bung you up and retain water which wont help. mix and match hunny!

latte, so pleased to hear your back on there! you were very brave to post how you felt, good luck.

acc sounds like me with gain/loss

hello annya!!

Sorry - not caught up and this is just a quick post and run as I'm off back to bed as I'm not too good! Got badly stung by wasps yesterday and I'm allergic - so I'm all puffed up and feel pants.

Weekly WI shows a ½ lb gain.
We have friends staying so considereing all the rich food I've eaten over the weekend (3 course posh meal out on Saturday and mahusive paella yesterday) I'm not too unhappy. Also still in target range . . . just! ¼lb inside

Oh no! Hope you feel better soon! Xx

You could have cereal with yogurt instead of milk and that would save your allowance. Maybe eating too many eggs could be a problem as even though they are super good for you they hAve a lot of fat in.. I can't say much as I have them nearly every day too but I also lose so slowly I've often thought that could be the case. If you go to the boots machines they measure your fat, Or if you're a member of a gym some gyms have this machine can't remember what it's called that literally gives you a complete health check. Xx

I may try that then, not sure how it will mix in but I love natural yogurt so muesli may be nice, although I think the allowance of muesli isn't so great.

LisaC said:
Last October I weighed 10'12. Today I weigh 11'10. Up down up down...ugh!

Last october I was 14.10 now weigh 15.3 !!!!want to be 14.7 by 21/7/12 maybe in my dreams 0:)

LisaC said:

DAY 1:
Apple

2 handfuls of grapes

DAY 2:

2 satsumas,

ASDA rhubarb yogurt

Snacks: strawberries, 1 apples, small bunch of grapes, curly wurly (6) = 10.5 syns

DAY 3:

2 satsumas

D – 140g basmati rice
Ratatouille (2syns)
1 tbsp cottage cheese

DAY 4:

Apple

2 onions, pepper, toms

DAY 5:

Apple,

D – 167g quorn, 2 packs of noodles
Mixed veg, stify fry veg

Snacks – 2 satsumas, small portion basmati rice, yogurt, curly wurly (6) = 8 syns

DAY 6:

Apple

2 satsumas

Strawberries

DAY 7:

Apple

Salad

Exercise:

DAY 3 – 1 hour
DAY 4 – 1 hour
DAY 5 – 40 minutes
DAY 6 – 45 minutes
DAY 7 – 45 minutes

Firstly.... Is cottage cheese free?? I thought it had to be a HEXA or syns?? A couple of days your syns were 8 syns but the rest of the time they were the higher end...... Maybe worth cutting back a bit if you want bigger losses but 1 pound is a good loss tbh, the other thing I noticed ate you doing green days???? If so why are you not having your 2 hexb's?? Also are the quorn pieces free? Your eating lots of the same things, eggs, potatoes, cous cous and the curly wurly every day...... It's hard to say cos I don't know the size of your portions, but are your jacket potatoes large? How many beans are you having? How are you cooking your eggs? Are you frying your omelette in oil? Are you being religious and weighing your cheese out.....honestly? Or do you tend to guess it? On one day you had 2 packs of noodles with your tea then had rice as a snack....I'd say that's too much carbs, there are a lot of carbs in there and at each meal every day, do you feel bloated? Maybe try having fruit with yogurt for breakfast? Like I say its difficult without knowing your portion sizes but the above are just things to consider. I'm not saying in right as it does depend massively on portions etc. but u do need 2 HEXA and 2 HEXB on green days.... So it could be that your under eating x

Latte, glad my post didn't upset you it wasn't my intention to be harsh and I think sometimes a bit of straight talking does you good and bless you you take it on the chin ;) I'm doing cc and I've lost 9 pound in 7 weeks I think it is..... That's more than I lost in the last 6 months. I am getting on better with it and need that discipline of when the cals have gone you stop.... Free food is good if you have a stop point but I don't and just keep eating it then get upset when I do t lose. I need to be told no more lol.

Hugs Pom get well soon

Sorry if I've missed anyone you've been chatty today and I'm on my phone lol. I'll get on laptop later for a proper look.

I'm back to it today after having a few extra cals yesterday. Must drink more juice and my goal this week is to eat more fruit

Firstly.... Is cottage cheese free?? I thought it had to be a HEXA or syns?? A couple of days your syns were 8 syns but the rest of the time they were the higher end...... Maybe worth cutting back a bit if you want bigger losses but 1 pound is a good loss tbh, the other thing I noticed ate you doing green days???? If so why are you not having your 2 hexb's?? Also are the quorn pieces free? Your eating lots of the same things, eggs, potatoes, cous cous and the curly wurly every day...... It's hard to say cos I don't know the size of your portions, but are your jacket potatoes large? How many beans are you having? How are you cooking your eggs? Are you frying your omelette in oil? Are you being religious and weighing your cheese out.....honestly? Or do you tend to guess it? On one day you had 2 packs of noodles with your tea then had rice as a snack....I'd say that's too much carbs, there are a lot of carbs in there and at each meal every day, do you feel bloated? Maybe try having fruit with yogurt for breakfast? Like I say its difficult without knowing your portion sizes but the above are just things to consider. I'm not saying in right as it does depend massively on portions etc. but u do need 2 HEXA and 2 HEXB on green days.... So it could be that your under eating x

I'll try to answer in an order (& without confusing us both!):

*It's tesco light choices cottage cheese whish if free, the only syned one is the one with pineapple in
* I used to have a week where I'd have all 15 syns per day, then the next week I'd have 5-8 per day, it made no difference to weightloss so I try to make it up/down so I don't get stuck with the same amount
*I don't do Green, I do EE because having the extra HEX's didn't help, I rarely lost anything
*Yep all the quorn I have (other than sausages) are totally Free
*Usually I have eggs everyday, couscous every other, 1 jacket potato a week. This particular week I had more jackets. They're medium size, about 250g ish.
*I usually have 1/3 tin of baked beans
*Eggs are always fried in fry light as are omlettes, I've not touched oil in 3 years!
*Yep I always weigh my cheese, every single time, I never guess
*The rice I had (as a snack) was down to the fact someone had cooked it & not used it, it was about 4tbsp worth. After a main meal I only ever eat Superfree, syns or some yogurt, this was just a different day. And no I enver ever get bloated, which I guess is good?!
*I love fruit with yogurt for breakfast but within an hour I'm hungry, I've always needed something substantial for breakfast
*As for portions, I tend to go with the "recommend" amount on the pack, a lot of it I weigh but it seems right to make the meal filling enough

Should also add, my meals (lunch & dinner) tend to be 1/3 to 1/2 Superfree

Thanks for looking Lou :) x

DAY 1:
Apple

2 handfuls of grapes

DAY 2:

2 satsumas,

ASDA rhubarb yogurt

DAY 3:

2 satsumas

D – 140g basmati riceRatatouille (2syns)
1 tbsp cottage cheese

DAY 4:

Apple

2 onions, pepper, toms

DAY 5:

Apple,

D – 167g quorn, 2 packs of noodlesMixed veg, stify fry veg

DAY 6:

Apple

2 satsumas

Strawberries

DAY 7:

Apple

Salad

Exercise:

DAY 3 – 1 hour
DAY 4 – 1 hour
DAY 5 – 40 minutes
DAY 6 – 45 minutes
DAY 7 – 45 minutes

i have just put in bold all the foods you have eaten that are high carbs....im no expert or nutritionalist but it does seem like a lot of carbs...yes some people can eat carbs at every meal and get away with it but others cant and if your not happy with the result your getting then i would really consider swapping your dinner for salad with quorn pieces or cheese from your hexa.....treat the amounts of potatoes and pasta and rice that you have as hexb's in other words, dont look at the recommended amounts on the pack....look at what they are as a hexb...i think youll find they are a lot less. i dont have carbs such as potatoes, rice and pasta every day.....ill have maybe a slice of wholemeal in a morning for breakfast or ill have cereal btu for lunch i tend to have salad and tuna, then for tea ill have meat and veg....but im cc so its different but i know sw inside out and i know that when i was doing ee it didnt work for me, and if i ate lots of carbs by doing green days i didnt lose, the only way i lost was doing red days...but i understand that if you dont eat meat its not really an option. and you ARE doing green days, theres no meat in there.....i think you need to put in another hexb, its for your fibre which will help reduce bloating and keep you regular...at the end of the day its finding what works for you personally. there is nothing WRONG with this diary at all, so please dont think im picking it to bits as im not...you lost a pound eating this so you got the benefits from eating this way, so if your happy eating this way then i think you should carry on. but as i said if its a bit erratic it could just be the carb over load, and you are eating a lot of eggs......perhaps more meat substitutes? your veg and fruit intake looks good and i dont think your snacking is too bad....your certainly not massively over eating, but the only thing i can think of as ive said is the amount of carbs...and possibly eggs, maybe mix it up a bit. if i were you i would try having:
breakfast: mixed fruit salad and ff yogurt
dinner: home made vegetable soup with 2 slices of nimble bread HEXB
tea: spag bol made with quorn mince and lots of veg and just 50g pasta (uncooked weight) with cheese hexa
snacks: 2 alpen light hexb, 250 ml semi milk hexa....
its mixing it up a bit, reduced your carb intake right down, included the other hexa and hexb you realy should be having and youve got lots of fruit and veg in there and lots of superfree. and maybe have a cut off time for snacking on fruit cos i read if you eat fruit before bed it sits and ferments in your stomach and leaves you bloated, not sure if its true but it put me off lol..

also i took day 4 and inputted all the food from this day into mfp, i worked on the amounts youd put in and the amounts i know your allowed on sw and you had 1904 calories on that day.......the 3 apples you had totalled to 225 cals, the 125g of cous cous you had was almost 500 calories...that was just based on plain cous cous......i could of course be completely wrong, and i know your not doing cc, your doing sw but as everyone knows losing weight works on a basis of taking in less cals than you use......and i just wanted to angle it a different way so you could see that while these foods are 'free' they can easily take you over what you NEED in terms of calorie consumption. i have 1200 cals a day then more on a weekend and am losing 1-2 pound a week, now if your having 1900 a day its stands to reason the weight loss will be hit and miss, your saving grace is probably the fact your exercising. recommended amounts of carbs are not meant to be had at each meal, then as a snack. and 3 apples, 2 satsumas, a curly wurly and fat free yogurt all as snacks is quite a lot tbh...it soon racks up. technically your doing nothing wrong but as i say...everything has a calorie content and just because its free doesnt mean it wont affect the scales. :D x

Back