The really slow loss team!

I have really small losses I am 9 stones 12 and I want to lose that 12 pound. It just isn't coming off my consultant has now told me to limit my syns to ten ill try my best. I'm glad I'm not the only one having small loses! X

I am a size 12 5 foot 5

The corset is just done up so tight I couldn't breath lol I want to be a size 8 to 10
Rosie

You need to look at why you aren't losing weight quickly.
You are a similar, but different story from Lisa!
At 5' 5" weighing 9 st 12 lbs your BMI is already in the normal range at a tad under 23.
To get to 9 st you need to get your BMI down to under 21.

So if you've just read what I said about weight loss slowing down when you get near to a BMI of 25, once your BMI is UNDER 25 it gets even harder.
So don't be surprised that you are losing slowly. You already have a very health BMI.

Thanks Pom. Yesterday I went through every SW cookbook I have to see what I can try that's either low carb/no carb or things I can substitute. I ended up making lentil soup for dinner, it wouldn't liquidise for some reason so I ate it chunky, it was nice but not that filling. I want to try this potatoes layer pie (basically an individual pot of cottage pie) where you alternate baked potato with sweet as the top layer. Do you think it would taste as nice if I use a BNS on top instead? I also wanted something to try instead of a jacket with cheese/cottage cheese but if sweet potato is higher in cals I guess that defeats the point! :confused:

LisaC said:
Thanks Pom. Yesterday I went through every SW cookbook I have to see what I can try that's either low carb/no carb or things I can substitute. I ended up making lentil soup for dinner, it wouldn't liquidise for some reason so I ate it chunky, it was nice but not that filling. I want to try this potatoes layer pie (basically an individual pot of cottage pie) where you alternate baked potato with sweet as the top layer. Do you think it would taste as nice if I use a BNS on top instead? I also wanted something to try instead of a jacket with cheese/cottage cheese but if sweet potato is higher in cals I guess that defeats the point! :confused:

BNS would be brilliant. I can't believe lentil soup did t fill you!!! I can never finish mine I get sooo full after. Do you think it's in your head? Like your so used to having heavy carbs like potato and pasta that when you have something less carny you do t feel satisfied rather than not feeling full?? I know if I eat lots of carbs I crave more and more then when I cut them out a feel a bit rubbish for a couple of days and reeeeeeally hungry but after the first 3 days it disappears and it takes less food to fill me up and the cravings fade a lot. I truly think the carbs thing is your biggest downfall. Try a vegetable curry with BNS in but leave the skin on, it's delicious, leave out the potatoes and just put in onion, cauliflower,BNS, peppers, tinned tomatoes, veg stock, curry powder and some chillies if you like it hot. I also like to add fat free yogurt at the end to make it creamy and if you like spinach this is a good one to add at the end. If this doesn't fill you I don't know what will!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I always use celeriac now ontop of cottage pies as its sweeter too and that's a Superfree :)

The rooty kinda bit I chop off then just peel and boil, it's makes a creamier mash too x

BNS would be brilliant. I can't believe lentil soup did t fill you!!! I can never finish mine I get sooo full after. Do you think it's in your head? Like your so used to having heavy carbs like potato and pasta that when you have something less carny you do t feel satisfied rather than not feeling full?? I know if I eat lots of carbs I crave more and more then when I cut them out a feel a bit rubbish for a couple of days and reeeeeeally hungry but after the first 3 days it disappears and it takes less food to fill me up and the cravings fade a lot. I truly think the carbs thing is your biggest downfall. Try a vegetable curry with BNS in but leave the skin on, it's delicious, leave out the potatoes and just put in onion, cauliflower,BNS, peppers, tinned tomatoes, veg stock, curry powder and some chillies if you like it hot. I also like to add fat free yogurt at the end to make it creamy and if you like spinach this is a good one to add at the end. If this doesn't fill you I don't know what will!!!!

I got the lentil soup recipe from one of my small EE cookbooks which tells you what to throw in but no amounts so I had to guess it all. The packet of lentils suggested 50g which I mixed with veg & spices but the lentils didn't seem to swell much after cooking so I think that's why it didn't fill me up, plus it only made less than a bowl full. When I do have carbs I only have small amounts, like 1 medium jacket or half a packet of couscous (which is 1syn for that amount & actually quite a small amount) in my salad so if I really have to cutback I'll pretty much be going carb free!! Planning on quorn steaks for dinner which i'd normally have with 3 new potatoes & veg but going to miss out the spuds completely. Going food shopping tomorrow so been trying to work out what things I can try, I'll definitely get BNS & see what new things I can do with it :)

I really can't keep up with you all. Another weekend and another meal out. I need to speak to my consultant so she can perhaps suggest some choices for me.

In the winter we quite often just have a bowl of soup for dinner with ryvita or crackerbread depending if I have any hexs left.

I use about half of my exercise calories as I am always in deficit come Monday morning. At the moment I am about 400 cals over

I had 2000 cals yesterday and most was alcohol. I drank Friday too, I was still under my weekly cals as I don't tend to use my exercise cals but I feel I have gained. I'm strictly sticking to 1200 a day regardless of exercise I've done as I need to get back on track. My birthday tomorrow and my friend is cooking so I'm going to ask what she's doing so I can plan my day around it and Wednesday I'm out for a meal but I'll just have a salad or chicken and veg, reducing carbs this week, no pasta, no rice, no potato just a couple of slices small whole meal a day to give me some fibre.

I had 2000 cals yesterday and most was alcohol. I drank Friday too, I was still under my weekly cals as I don't tend to use my exercise cals but I feel I have gained. I'm strictly sticking to 1200 a day regardless of exercise I've done as I need to get back on track. My birthday tomorrow and my friend is cooking so I'm going to ask what she's doing so I can plan my day around it and Wednesday I'm out for a meal but I'll just have a salad or chicken and veg, reducing carbs this week, no pasta, no rice, no potato just a couple of slices small whole meal a day to give me some fibre.

Very happy birthday tomorrow! I hope you enjoy it!

Lost another 0.8kg (1.6 lbs) this week! I know it's not that much for some people, especially since I haven't cheated at all, but for us slow loser's it's great, right?! At least I am quite satisfied! :)
Good luck to everybody else!

ANY loss is a good loss :)

Lost another 0.8kg (1.6 lbs) this week! I know it's not that much for some people, especially since I haven't cheated at all, but for us slow loser's it's great, right?! At least I am quite satisfied! :)
Good luck to everybody else!

well done!! thats a great loss for anyone, 1-2 pounds a week is the optimum amount of weight to lose, anymore annd you run the risk of it being water and muscle mass...although i know wed all LOVE to lose 7 pound a week but its just not healthy unfortunately lol.

So it's been 3 weeks since I really upped my water intake, and my bladder is still not used to it. This is exactly why I find it hard to drink more :( Since 7am I've only drank 2 glasses & I'm needing the toilet at least every 30 minutes. and I mean I'm busting to go!! This just isn't ok when I'm at work. I've got a checkup with my Dr tonight so I'm going to ask him about it as my Acu therapist thinks he may be able to prescribe a tablet or something to help, I just can't keep having this everyday. My bladder has definitely not got better.

well done!! thats a great loss for anyone, 1-2 pounds a week is the optimum amount of weight to lose, anymore annd you run the risk of it being water and muscle mass...although i know wed all LOVE to lose 7 pound a week but its just not healthy unfortunately lol.

No, no, don't get me wrong, I love the amount of the loss! If I keep going at this rate I will need 30 weeks until I reach goal, but I know it's going to slow down when I get close to the finish line. But it's OK! Like LisaC said, any loss is a good loss! :)

So it's been 3 weeks since I really upped my water intake, and my bladder is still not used to it. This is exactly why I find it hard to drink more :( Since 7am I've only drank 2 glasses & I'm needing the toilet at least every 30 minutes. and I mean I'm busting to go!! This just isn't ok when I'm at work. I've got a checkup with my Dr tonight so I'm going to ask him about it as my Acu therapist thinks he may be able to prescribe a tablet or something to help, I just can't keep having this everyday. My bladder has definitely not got better.

I really hope it gets better! I also had this at some point, but it went away by itself before I had to see a doctor!

I really hope it gets better! I also had this at some point, but it went away by itself before I had to see a doctor!

I've always had it but it got much when I got into my 20's. It's embarassing & a real pain. When I exercise at home I have to pause the dvd to go to the loo, its only 20minutes. Sometimes it's as if every drop I drink leaves my body within the hour!

I've always had it but it got much when I got into my 20's. It's embarassing & a real pain. When I exercise at home I have to pause the dvd to go to the loo, its only 20minutes. Sometimes it's as if every drop I drink leaves my body within the hour!

Yes, I can see how that can be annoying...! I really hope something good comes out of your doctor's appointment tonight! Let us know!

you could have a weak bladder? when your weeing try leaning forward and back at the end, it could be that your not fully emptying your bladder properly, and try pelvic floor exercises.....ive had 3 kids and do these a lot as i dont want to be incontinent, and they really do help...also, i too have to stop part way through the shred to go toilet, i think its all the jigging about. if your bladder is full after just 2 glasses of water, this is good, it means your body is ridding itself of excess water, keep drinking it hun, it could be that you retain a lot of water naturally...maybe from something your eating? do you eat alot of salty foods? pasta is terrible for making you retain water...maybe stick to natural carbs rather than man made ones if you know what i mean?

you could have a weak bladder? when your weeing try leaning forward and back at the end, it could be that your not fully emptying your bladder properly, and try pelvic floor exercises.....ive had 3 kids and do these a lot as i dont want to be incontinent, and they really do help...also, i too have to stop part way through the shred to go toilet, i think its all the jigging about. if your bladder is full after just 2 glasses of water, this is good, it means your body is ridding itself of excess water, keep drinking it hun, it could be that you retain a lot of water naturally...maybe from something your eating? do you eat alot of salty foods? pasta is terrible for making you retain water...maybe stick to natural carbs rather than man made ones if you know what i mean?

I think I do but I also think it must be sensitive (if that is possible!). Even if I need to go a tiny bit I can feel pressure on my bladder. When I do my 30DS I go before, then after the warm up thena gain during it, that just isn't right! :( I only have pasta every other week, if that, and not much of it. I don't eat salty foods, I don't think... I'm going to keep it up, I just hope my Dr can help. I've done pelvic floor exercises a lot in the past & they made no difference. Imagine how bad I'd be if I had kids, dread to think!! :eek:

Back