The really slow loss team!

Thanks hun, when I look at pics I know I look slim but when I look at my reflection I still see the fatter me, my brain hasn't caught up yet. Yea I think the doc was thinking it could be an internal one he asked if I'd had a c section but I haven't. It hurts more if I need the loo aswell. I haven't had a scan date through yet. I'll ring next week If I haven't heard anything

Thanks hun, when I look at pics I know I look slim but when I look at my reflection I still see the fatter me, my brain hasn't caught up yet.

I can relate to that - I still see a porker with 3 pairs of boobs (see fat photo!) when I look in the mirror - funny how we see what we think is there rather than what is...........

Yea I think the doc was thinking it could be an internal one he asked if I'd had a c section but I haven't. It hurts more if I need the loo aswell. I haven't had a scan date through yet. I'll ring next week If I haven't heard anything

Won't hurt to rattle their cage honey. I will chase up Al's exercise tolerance test if we haven't heard by next week - it's been 3 weeks since they said they would arrange one and he's been getting more frequent chast pain of late too :(

Blooming heck ladies, was so close to throwing the towel in on this ridiculous diet this morning, as I'm still very hungry and miserable, but thought no I'll be sensible, I'll walk to the gym and have a nice swim and distract myself and check my weight to see if this is even worth it, and on day 6 I am 11lbs lighter. I'm now no longer obese, I've dropped into the 13's, and have average bodyfat which I also checked, which is a hell of a lot better than the very poor I had last time I checked. Wow. Then had a lovely swim, felt on top of the world, and realised its only food, I'm having enough to survive, and I'm being ridic!! Wooooohoo.. This is the least I've weighed for about 9 years, its odd going by the discussion above as I feel exactly the same as when I was 2stone heavier in feb. Its very odd. xx

Blooming heck ladies, was so close to throwing the towel in on this ridiculous diet this morning, as I'm still very hungry and miserable, but thought no I'll be sensible, I'll walk to the gym and have a nice swim and distract myself and check my weight to see if this is even worth it, and on day 6 I am 11lbs lighter. I'm now no longer obese, I've dropped into the 13's, and have average bodyfat which I also checked, which is a hell of a lot better than the very poor I had last time I checked. Wow. Then had a lovely swim, felt on top of the world, and realised its only food, I'm having enough to survive, and I'm being ridic!! Wooooohoo.. This is the least I've weighed for about 9 years, its odd going by the discussion above as I feel exactly the same as when I was 2stone heavier in feb. Its very odd. xx

Wow Charl!! Way to go. And it wasn't even official WI!! The only vlcd I really know anything about is the Cambridge Diet & the average week 1 weight loss on that is about 14lbs, makes sense given you're not eating all awful lot but I do think its hard to keep off. Are you feeling better now? I can't remember if you said you're doing slim & save, do you increase your intake at some point?

Hey! Yep it's really similar to cambridge, but I think from what I can gather a lot of people do these then go back to eating as they did before (why weight went on in the first place) i'm doing a refeed in 2 weeks where I'll probably gain about 5lbs back but it's not fat it's just water weight, and I plan on carrying on SW and CC still as I really don't want to work hard and then gain it back. I'll try and keep my cals to 1200 until I get to goal, but I'll probs gain a bit on holiday. It's ok now yeah, got used to it eventually. And worked out how to do it best for me so I don't feel as hungry. It's made me really examine what real hunger is and what's in my head, I'm pretty sure I know the diff now. Which is cool!

How was your weekend? Xx

That's really really good. I think gaining a few lb's is ok when you know you've lost a ton the weeks before. I've been sticking (on average) to around 1200-1300 a day, to be honest I'm finding it much easier than I thought I would! I've always been a carb monster but I've totally cut back. My meals are a good size & still just as filling. I'm still snacking on fruit other wise I'd be well under 1000. I had dinner at the Harvester last night & my daily intake still only came to 1350. Having dinner at a friends tomorrow, no clue what she's doing I just know it'll be veggie & SW so expecting pasta or lasagna or something. That will probably be a high day so I'll be back to normal Tuesday. Been mixing up my workouts too. Two people this morning said how slim I looked :) my waist mainly. It's the last place I need to lose it from but it keeps going from there!! Typical. Glad to hear you've got to grips with what you're doing. Get back to the 1200 when you can. It's working well for me & it's good as you can mix it up with days of much higher cals if you have plans or fancy something.x

Ah I'm pleased you're feeling in control too, that's great. I don't think I'll be the carb monster I used to be, looking back now I can see just how much bigger my portions were than they needed to be. Which is where SW doesn't suit me, just because it's free I don't need it, I just want it, and I eat way more than I need even if cal wise it's not bad I don't NEED it, so I'm pleased I've learnt this. Although the real test will be when I can eat normally and whether this sticks. Soooo we'll see. Have a lush dinner at your friends house, official WI tomorrow, so excited for that. I just went through my wardrobe trying things on and chucking them, the trousers that started my weightloss journey (they wouldn't do up, and it made me cry) are now loose and i think in another 5lbs will be too big! Although I have measured myself and I'm a bit confused as I don't seem to fit any uk clothes size right?! So I'm a bit confused. Going to do the 30 day shred now as I feel like working out. It's so late for it though! Xx

lipomas are so common in older doggies!
They're common in older humans too! :8855:
I had a massive one removed 6 years ago and it has come back - need to get it looked at . . .again

. . . I am doing my best to tone up 50+ year old skin(no ruddy elasticity any more) and also try and strengthen my bones as I am well past the menopause now and bone thinnning is a real concern. And, of course, having a bit more muscle - which burns calories faster than fat - can't be a bad thing either can it ;)
I know the feeeling hun! My is sooooo unelastic now. But 8 months after getting to target it is slowly going back into shape.
My neck is much better but my tummy . . . ohhhhhh it's still gots lot of saggy skin.

Charl - great that the pounds have shifted in the last few days. Well done on sticking wth it.

Just be a tad careful though with exercise whilst you're on a vlcd. Your body can't cope with the low cals and exercise.
Swimming should be ok - gentle though not fast - but watch out doing the shred.
I think CD Consultants advise that you shouldn't do ANY exercise in the first 4 weeks.

Ok love, I'll stick off the shred and keep doing my walking and swimming. Just did some abdominal work though and some weights. Not loads maybe 100 sit ups doing the difference kinds. Really need to work on my tummy so maybe that's ok? X

Oh ps.. My stomach has zero elastic left after having my twins, it really upsets me everyday looking at it, I always get really scared I'm going to lose the weight but then still look horrible, hence me wanting to work on the tummy muscles so so much. I have loads of loose skin at the bottom and it's yuck! Xx

Hello beautiful ladies! I am back from vacation! Prague was lovely and we even took a day-long trip to Dresden and that was wonderful as well, albeit very very hot!
My mother is still here, for another week, she's watching like a hawk every single bite that I take, from time to time tells me that what I eat will not help me lose weight and had (of course) something to say about eating pasta and potatoes as a diet plan. And keeps eating my Syn-specific chocolate packs!
On the bright side, I weighed myself before we left for Prague last week and I weighed 82.6 kg and this morning the scales said 81.9 kg!!! Even though I really didn't pay that much attention to what I was eating! I am thrilled! This also means that I get my 3 kg (or 1/2 stone) award!! :)
How is everybody else doing?

Hello beautiful ladies! I am back from vacation! Prague was lovely and we even took a day-long trip to Dresden and that was wonderful as well, albeit very very hot!
My mother is still here, for another week, she's watching like a hawk every single bite that I take, from time to time tells me that what I eat will not help me lose weight and had (of course) something to say about eating pasta and potatoes as a diet plan. And keeps eating my Syn-specific chocolate packs!
On the bright side, I weighed myself before we left for Prague last week and I weighed 82.6 kg and this morning the scales said 81.9 kg!!! Even though I really didn't pay that much attention to what I was eating! I am thrilled! This also means that I get my 3 kg (or 1/2 stone) award!! :)
How is everybody else doing?

Hi there and welcome back. Congratulations on your loss and your 1/2 stone award......... find the stickers thread and put it on your page :D - I LOVE my stickers (must be the kid in me!!).

I gained weight last week, but lost loads of body fat, so I am not bothered about it. We shall see this week - my neighbour has my scales with strict instructions that I can't use them except on a Friday morning now as I was getting tooooo obssessive about the weighing - so no sneaky peeking for me!

Well done...... and remember not long now until your choccy stash (and what you eat!) becomes your own again ;)

Oh joy of joys lady time for me, Saturday was my
Last night out for 2 months I ha e a wedding in a week a d a half but that's it, so I allowed myself a day off plan and also decided as I can be sooo good around it I am
Going to go to the wedding and est my 3 courses and have a hog roast and some drinks without being too strict. I think I've finally gotten to grips with the moderation side, I am going to be ultra good all week and hopefully I will have lost a bit more by next Friday/Saturday.

Charlotte I can wait to see what your official loss is!!!! I had 2 babies close together and my skin on my stomach is knackered and my boobs, oh god!!! The more weigt I
Lose the worse they look!!!

God it's awful isn't it. My boobs are ok as I couldn't breastfeed (boohoo) although I definitely couldn't go out without a bra on still! But oh my, I still look pretty much pregnant which makes me really upset unless I breathe in all the time. I would have thought getting the lowest weight I've been for a long time would have a nice impact on it but no, I think the skin will always be there which is crap :( hopefully when I finish the vlcd I can restart the shred properly and it'll help a lot. Xx

charl_young said:
God it's awful isn't it. My boobs are ok as I couldn't breastfeed (boohoo) although I definitely couldn't go out without a bra on still! But oh my, I still look pretty much pregnant which makes me really upset unless I breathe in all the time. I would have thought getting the lowest weight I've been for a long time would have a nice impact on it but no, I think the skin will always be there which is crap :( hopefully when I finish the vlcd I can restart the shred properly and it'll help a lot. Xx

The skin will go back after a while, your losing weight really fast so it won't have time to adjust, but with exercise and try massage and a good moisturiser it will improve. I only bf one of mine for 4 weeks, it was my
Last baby but my boobs were buggered from my
First child I was only 17 when I had him and my skin was just not prepared to stretch that much plus I put 5-6 stone on which didn't help.

Really? It's very very bad, I hope so my twins are nearly 6 now so I can't even blame baby weight I've just been lazy and haven't exercised enough. X

Ok so it stayed at an 11lb loss, but I did go out for dinner sat night and my fat % has gone down by 1% so I'm really happy about that :) so week 1, 11lb loss :) xx

Back