The really slow loss team!

Hello ladies!
I know I haven't been around much lately, but work is killing me these days! Quick update, my mom arrived safely back home on Sunday morning, things were not that bad, even though she did leave crying (had a really big fight with my brother, we barely saw her the last day, she just got up and left and told me she'd be back home at some point. I really felt bad for her). I talked to her last night but things still don't seem to be good, she was barely speaking, answering only curtly to questions and not really being interested. Sometimes life's a real *****!
Other than that, I gained 0.3 kg this week. I was expecting it to be more, because I cheated twice this week (once was really bad and it was the day that my mom spent crying - talk about comfort eating...) and the other reason is that it's TOM and I always gain around this time.
I have to admit I am not as motivated as I was 2 weeks ago. I mean, no fear, I am still doing it, for the same reasons that I wanted to do it before, but somehow it feels different. I'm not excited to eat my breakfast in the morning, I haven't been here much, I haven't updated my food diary in days. It just all feels a little...grey!
Hope it gets better.

Felicity - VERY pleased to hear about your son! Must be a relief for you :)

Latte - well done on your loss this week hun :)

Lou - We all get like that, it's so easy to. I think what you need it something totally different to mix it up & keep yourself interested as well as your weightloss going. I've never done the whole 500 one day 2000 the next but I know I can eat very low every day. I think that will really keep your metabolism going, as long as you get all the nutrients you need on your low days.

Well I STS this week, and I was so relieved when I saw the scales! I had two bad nights last week, not horrendous but I know if I had carried on the week with normal SW I would have gained, but with calorie control it's totally different. If I used to have 1 day off on SW I'd gain, even if I was 100% the other 6 days. But I worked so hard from Sat-Tues with calories & exercise (Jillian's killer buns & thighs REALLY does kill!!!) & it paid off. So I'm really hoping for a good loss next week. I know I could never eat each day without sticking to SW principles, I absolutely love SW I just wish it would work for me as it should. I still have my syns, Healthy Extras, snacks & normal SW meals, I just cut out a lot of the carbs. In fact I'd sawy yes I am following SW to the T I am just tracking my calories so I don't eat too many carbs. I may try to watch this prog you're all talking about, sounds interesting!

Hello ladies!
I know I haven't been around much lately, but work is killing me these days! Quick update, my mom arrived safely back home on Sunday morning, things were not that bad, even though she did leave crying (had a really big fight with my brother, we barely saw her the last day, she just got up and left and told me she'd be back home at some point. I really felt bad for her). I talked to her last night but things still don't seem to be good, she was barely speaking, answering only curtly to questions and not really being interested. Sometimes life's a real *****!
Other than that, I gained 0.3 kg this week. I was expecting it to be more, because I cheated twice this week (once was really bad and it was the day that my mom spent crying - talk about comfort eating...) and the other reason is that it's TOM and I always gain around this time.
I have to admit I am not as motivated as I was 2 weeks ago. I mean, no fear, I am still doing it, for the same reasons that I wanted to do it before, but somehow it feels different. I'm not excited to eat my breakfast in the morning, I haven't been here much, I haven't updated my food diary in days. It just all feels a little...grey!
Hope it gets better.

What a horrible end to her visit :(

It sounds like you could be bored. Maybe you should do a little research & try some new recipes to mix things up & get yourself interested again. What about starting a new fitness class or workout dvd or something? When I feel blah exercise ALWAYS helps, I know some people hate it but it really takes my mind off feeling rubbish & everything else in fact & I'm toning at the same time :)

What a horrible end to her visit :(

It sounds like you could be bored. Maybe you should do a little research & try some new recipes to mix things up & get yourself interested again. What about starting a new fitness class or workout dvd or something? When I feel blah exercise ALWAYS helps, I know some people hate it but it really takes my mind off feeling rubbish & everything else in fact & I'm toning at the same time :)

I don't think I'm bored. It's just that, work is a mountain at the moment and I come home so tired! It's also the TOM thing. I've had low iron since I was a teenager and usually I have to take supplements, if not on a daily basis (recommended), then definitely during TOM. But this time, with all the crap going on I just forgot about them and I feel so tired I can barely get out of bed. My boyfriend was actually scared yesterday morning, because the alarm was going off for a few minutes and I didn't even move to turn it off! I'm not usually like that!
Then there is the thing with my mom. I don't know if it happens to everybody, but even though sometimes our relationship is really hard (she's a really difficult woman to please), it kills me to see her like that. I might be nearly 27, but when my parents are in a bad mood I feel like a child and feel sorry and worry about them!
I'm just not having a good week. Or month, whatever!

I don't think I'm bored. It's just that, work is a mountain at the moment and I come home so tired! It's also the TOM thing. I've had low iron since I was a teenager and usually I have to take supplements, if not on a daily basis (recommended), then definitely during TOM. But this time, with all the crap going on I just forgot about them and I feel so tired I can barely get out of bed. My boyfriend was actually scared yesterday morning, because the alarm was going off for a few minutes and I didn't even move to turn it off! I'm not usually like that!
Then there is the thing with my mom. I don't know if it happens to everybody, but even though sometimes our relationship is really hard (she's a really difficult woman to please), it kills me to see her like that. I might be nearly 27, but when my parents are in a bad mood I feel like a child and feel sorry and worry about them!
I'm just not having a good week. Or month, whatever!

I'm nearly 27 too & I don't think I'll ever stop worrying about my parents. It's just the way we are, which is good obviously. Sometimes we take on the worries of others & it can effect us soeasily. Maybe get back on your supplements & give yourself a few days to recuperate after all that has happened & you may feel a bit better in yourself :)

I'm nearly 27 too & I don't think I'll ever stop worrying about my parents. It's just the way we are, which is good obviously. Sometimes we take on the worries of others & it can effect us soeasily. Maybe get back on your supplements & give yourself a few days to recuperate after all that has happened & you may feel a bit better in yourself :)

That's probably true. After a few days (and when I see that things are back to normal) it'll get better again! But at the moment things are down! I even went for my equivalent of shopping therapy, i.e. I spent 66 pounds on 24 balls of yarn (I knit...) that I didn't need, but it only made me feel better for a few minutes.
And I know I shouldn't think this way, but I am in a pretty good place right now (professionally for the next 2 years and personally - I moved in with my boyfriend in June and things are only looking up) and even though I should be happy, I feel a little guilty, because things are not very good for my family at the moment, but I, personally, am happy! Sometimes this makes me feel guilty. Even though I shouldn't.

I am trying this as well which is why I haven't been around as I am just not following SW at all at the moment and purely using WLR to calorie count.

I haven't been doing SW for ages now, but you aint getting rid of me that easy ;) I use MFP to calorie count and mix and match cc with Slimfast - good for getting down your neck when you just have NO IDEA what you fancy to eat and too busy to go hunting in the cupboards to see what inspires! I do still eat a lot of fruit and veg, but that wasn't my problem - my problem is I am a greedy guts and I love big portions so I can't be told that ANY food is "free" :sigh: I have to be told STOP NOW and that's what cc does.

Still going to weigh in and after a sts last week I lost 1lb this week.

Yay, good on you girl :D

You can watch the programme on I player as it was on BBC 2 - horizon eat fast live longer

I did watch it at the time, but I might go back and take another look. I am now of any age (53 on Sunday!) where all these issues are going to start rearing their ugly heads sooner rather than later, and with Al being recently diagnosed with angina I don't want to be joining him and his multiple pills every day just yet - poor guy. Still, I suppose he has nobody to blame but himself as he is on the porky side, loves his food far too much and, until we moved to Wales, did little or no exercise. I do know there is NO WAY he could do intermittent fasting though, he is soooooooooooo grumpy if he is hungry :eek:

be warned you young scamps you do become your parents parent! honestly my parents depend and rely on me now

be warned you young scamps you do become your parents parent! honestly my parents depend and rely on me now

Neither me nor Al have a surviving parent between us - we are both orphans. I was only 23 when my Mum died of a pulmonary embolism and my Dad and I never saw eye to eye so the last I saw of him was when I was 15 and he walked out and left my Mum for another life with another woman.

Al nursed his Dad through emphysema and his Mum through breast cancer so he knew all about becoming his parent's parent (or rather, their carer). They both died before he was 50..............

oh and i gained a 1lb but thats fine with me

Yep, I had a loss I was fine with a couple of weeks back too. I was expecting it, and totally deserved it, so I took it on the chin. The gains I used to hate were the unexplained ones, but thankfully I don't seem to be having that many of those now (oh-oh.... hope I haven't just put the jinx on myself :eek:).

Neither me nor Al have a surviving parent between us - we are both orphans. I was only 23 when my Mum died of a pulmonary embolism and my Dad and I never saw eye to eye so the last I saw of him was when I was 15 and he walked out and left my Mum for another life with another woman.

Al nursed his Dad through emphysema and his Mum through breast cancer so he knew all about becoming his parent's parent (or rather, their carer). They both died before he was 50..............

:( Sorry to read all that Annya. I'm very fortunate, In all my family I've lost my Great Uncle, Great Nan & Great Grandad (& he was 100!). All my Grandparents are alive. I'm lucky & I know it.

Well today's down day has been ok, but I know tonight's gonna be hard, so I'm going to go for a bath and do my feet and nails in preparation for tomorrow then I'm getting an early night. I actually feel hungry and have headache, which is good cos I now know all the other times I was eating at this time I was just doing it cos I was bored or whatever. Hubby's been really irritating today aswell which I could have done without but I've done it, I've battled through.

Hi all,have just subscribed to the cc thread and have found a good web site,going to try a free trial.
Well so far so good today. Havn't felt hungry and have calories left for supper!
Have a good evening
Ann xxx

Lou, on my days now I find when I want some food I make a green tea with peppermint, do some crunches and have a big glass of water, then by the time I've done it hungers gone. Or I go through my wardrobe and sort clothes, which is inspiring, I try and do things that are non food related. It's got that fine now I go through SW mags for recipie ideas to cook the rest of the family and plan their meals. And weirdly even though I can't eat their food I find it quite therapeutic as its a distraction. Watching them eat it however is a bit harder!

Lisa I'm totally with you on the exercise, starting to really love being more active, it gets to the end of the day and I feel good about what I've done rather than thinking i'm a lazy bugger who could do a lot more. Also sleep so much better now!

Xx

thanks for the tip charl, i have stuck to it and am just going to go for a bath then bed, i have a head ache but that could be cos ive done an insane amount of cleaning today as mil is staying over tomorrow night to look after the kids, so i wanted the house to be clean and tidy, then we had a 3 hour walk. i cooked them all pizza and it smelt delicious so i made my stir fry and prawns, and ate that while they had their pizza and was fine after that. watched the horizon programme...damn watching that bloke eat that burger made my mouht water lol!!1 but the results were AMAZING im so sold on this, fasting is an ancient thing....i guess they were onto something eh? when i was younger i naturally ate more some days and less others and i was always 8 stone 3....and boy could i eat...btu i just didnt eat like a pig every day, and i think this is where i was going right then and where ive been going wrong ever since i left home. i hope it works and i feel pretty hopeful about it. right...i wont be on til friday or saturday now. have a good rest of the week guys!!! (ill be dreaming of my 3 course meal and hog roast that im having tomorrow when i go to bed ;))

Enjoy your time out Lou :D

Annya said:
Enjoy your time out Lou :D

I certainly will!!! Just putting my beauty therapy skills to use and have done a pedicure, I'm currently having a hot body scrub bath and de fuzz then am going to do my fingers. So hopefully I'll look super hot for the pics. Except I have noticed a group of bruises on my shin from where I was cleaning this week which is annoying. I have some leg make up
That will cover it though ;).

Back