The Road from Chunky to Funky

Funky_Munky

Put the kettle on
OK, so this is my weight loss diary where I'll be trying to keep track of all my mad ramblings whilst also keeping track of what I eat. I have around 3 stone I want to lose. I'm not 100% sure on the actual weight I want to be, I just want to get to a slim size 10 (ie in all the skinny minny shops). So I may end up losing more or less. The breaking point for me has been the last two weeks I have felt rubbish through eating nothing but processed food and takeaways. I find it really effects my health and well being if I don't eat properly. We go on holiday to Las Vegas in six months and I'd love to be at least a size 12 for that. I don't want another load of photos I cannot stand. But having said that I'm not putting any deadlines on myself. I'm not too bothered how much I lose a week, I'm focusing more on eating healthy each day. I'll probably be doing mainly green days. This is cos I'm skint at the moment (saving for holiday :p) and these tend to work out cheaper. Its also cos of money I'll be weighing in at home and doing this solo. So please feel free to offer loads of support!

So should probably talk about what I'm eating. Today was my first day of eating healthier, although by no means was I on plan! I had porridge and milk for brekkie (probably a little more than I should've had for HEX portions!). Lunch was stir fried beef strips with noodles and sweet chilli sauce. Tea was gammon, eggs, home made chips and beans. I've also had two custard creams and a ovaltine hot choccie. Like I said, I've not been 100% on plan cos I didn't have any superfree for it to be EE, but its better than the chigago town pizzas and large kebab and chips I have been having lately, so I feel like I've made some start!

Tomorrow will probably be green, with eggs and toast for brekkie, baked potato or pasta for lunch and then will save a B to have some chicken or fish with more home made chips. I enjoyed them tonight. Is it bad if I'm excited to be eating healthy again?!:rolleyes:

Hi :) and welcome!
You will find plenty of support on here :D
I am also off to the states this summer so thats my main aim at the moment, know what you mean about the photos, I want some that I won't be ashamed to share!
My eventual aim is also to be a 10/12 (so I can be let loose on those 'skinny' shops hehe)
Good luck with everything, you look like you're off to a great start :D xxxx

Hi There

Welcome and good luck, loads of great people on here to give you tonnes of advice and support x

Hi :) and welcome!
You will find plenty of support on here :D
I am also off to the states this summer so thats my main aim at the moment, know what you mean about the photos, I want some that I won't be ashamed to share!
My eventual aim is also to be a 10/12 (so I can be let loose on those 'skinny' shops hehe)
Good luck with everything, you look like you're off to a great start :D xxxx

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Where are you off to on hols? Ive never been to the states before. Im dreading the flight but its always been our dream to go vegas so will have to cope somehow!!! Am also thinking im going to lose all this weight just to put it all back on with the massive portions there lol!!!

I'm meeting my boyfriend there as he is going for 2 months and I'm just meeting him for the last two weeks. Going to San Antonio in Texas, New Orleans, Key West, Miami, Savannah in Georgia, Washington DC and New York, I cant wait ! :D
Hahaha yeah I was thinking the same, I am definately not going to be holding back when I'm there because, well, I'm on holiday ha! But I am fully prepared to get back on plan when I get back and loose whatever I have gained.
I am a bit nervous of the flight, I've been to the States a couple of times before when I was younger but this time I'm flying about 12 hours by myself! Eeek. Actually I'm more concerned that I will somehow get lost in the airport (likely) haha.
Hope you're having a great day :) xxx

I'm meeting my boyfriend there as he is going for 2 months and I'm just meeting him for the last two weeks. Going to San Antonio in Texas, New Orleans, Key West, Miami, Savannah in Georgia, Washington DC and New York, I cant wait ! :D
Hahaha yeah I was thinking the same, I am definately not going to be holding back when I'm there because, well, I'm on holiday ha! But I am fully prepared to get back on plan when I get back and loose whatever I have gained.
I am a bit nervous of the flight, I've been to the States a couple of times before when I was younger but this time I'm flying about 12 hours by myself! Eeek. Actually I'm more concerned that I will somehow get lost in the airport (likely) haha.
Hope you're having a great day :) xxx

Sounds brilliant! Bet you can't wait! I just hate flying - Longest one I've been on was about five hours and hated it :sign0137:
Our flight is straight through which everyone tells me is great, but I'd secretly like a change over just to get a break from flying!

So, I didn't check in yesterday, but made a proper start on SW and was very impressed with how my day went.

Thursday 07/04 Green Day
Breakfast - Potato Spanish Omlette thing. Started out as hash browns went very wrong, so had to chuck in some eggs and cheese to sort it out! :rolleyes: HEA for 1oz cheese.

Lunch - Pasta with passata, garlic, onions and 1.5oz full fat philly cheese HEAB
Brocolli, carrots, sprouts and cauliflower

Snack - Cherry Bakewell 10 syns

Tea - Home made potato wedges, 4oz raw chicken breast HEB, Nandos lime and corriander sauce 4 syns with more
Brocolli, carrots and cauliflower

Drinks - Tea with sweetner and half pint semi skimmed milk HEA
No added sugar squash
Sprite Zero

Total syns - 14

All in all, I'm pretty please with how yesterday went. I'd gone to my mums in the afternoon and she always has loads of cakes/sweets in. I thought I did quite well having just the cherry bakewell, when she also had cream eggs, french fancies and hot cross buns. Normally, I would have one each of everything!

Today will probably be another a green day. For breakfast I've had baked beans, egg and home made hash browns, and have measured out half a pint of milk for my tea for the day. Had a bit more success with the hash browns this time by putting them in a cake cutter to keep the shape. I am such a snob about my home made things looking perfect! It probably sounds really silly to some, but I'm quite impressed with myself about making them cos I've never considered myself to be a very good cook or have much confidence in the kitchen. So everytime I make something myself and it actually tastes/looks semi decent, I'm quite pleased. Will have to make hubs some for his breakfast tomorrow now, thats the real test! He's so fussy about food!

It looks like being a nice day, so I'm going to make the most of it and my last day off on my own by getting out for a walk along the river I think. Was a bit gutted I didn't get any exercise in yesterday, I've set myself a little target of half an hours walk each day. It probably doesn't sound much, but I am so lazy when it comes to exercise and even doing this is an achievement for me. I want to build up to doing that and then I will look to increase it from there.

So, I'm not really sure if anyone out there is reading this yet. It feels a bit wierd to think people might be, I just like using it as somewhere for me to record all my thoughts on doing SW so I don't drive everyone in my life mad with it all! To anyone reading, hope you have a good day and I'll hopefully remember to update later!

Loving your diary title :) I'll be reading. I love when I know people are reading my diary and I can see the number of views going up! Makes me feel like I might actually be saying something of interest....well that or people are starting to read it and then stopping ;-) Good luck for your weight loss.

Loving your diary title :) I'll be reading. I love when I know people are reading my diary and I can see the number of views going up! Makes me feel like I might actually be saying something of interest....well that or people are starting to read it and then stopping ;-) Good luck for your weight loss.

:eek: Aww, thanks EmmyLou. I do like reading other peoples for tips and ideas, so I am hoping that someone somewhere finds this as useful as I've found other people's. The one thing I like on other peoples is seeing that they had hard times as well as easy times, but they got through them and kept losing. I'm hoping I don't have it too hard for a while yet though!

I'll need to have a good look at yours for some hints and tips after seeing how much you've lost!

It's nice to look back on your own diary on down days too and see how far you've come as you'll see the ups and downs and realise you coped last time and you will again. x

It's nice to look back on your own diary on down days too and see how far you've come as you'll see the ups and downs and realise you coped last time and you will again. x

That is so true as well! Im feeling very smug with myself as just been for a 45 min walk on the river. Its such a nice day i might get my lunch and get back out again! Thinking of having baked potato and beans for lunch just need to work out what to have for tea.

Getting some body magic in there, good for you. I doubt I'll be in the gym that long tonight as I've not been for 2 months and I really don't think the odd burst on the Wii is quite the same in terms of maintaining my fitness levels! I used to have a baked potato for lunch most days till our canteen closed at work, never remember to park bake one at home and microwave it instead these days. I'm so lazy!

Im sure once you get to the gym you'll get into the swing of it and enjoy it. I used to enjoy going but quit after moving house last november and have been so lazy since. Didnt go anywhere without the car first month we were here!!! Know what you mean about wii fit. I sold mine in the end. Its good for people who are new to exercise or maybe cant do too much but for me personally i thought a walk was more effective. The only thing i liked about it was i could do a bit while my tea was cooking!!!!

Well I meant to have the Wii as a quick evening thing on nights where I couldn't make the gym or on weekends as the gym is 27 miles from home where I work rather than live.

Don't blame you for driving if you moved to a new area and it's great you get out and walk places now. I'm sure a bit of extra exercise will help the pounds shift faster and tone you up as you lose fat. I'm noticing my arms are starting to get a bit wobbly now I've lost a reasonable amount.

Thats why i quit the gym. Im only seven miles down the road from where i used to live but knew if i had to go that far i wouldnt go as much as i wanted. Where we live now is more rural we're right by the river and have loads of lovely places to walk so i have no excuse now!!

Am feeling very smug with myself today. Had my baked potato with hea cheese, baked beans and cooked vegies for lunch. Then baked OH chocolate cupcakes and managed to avoid licking the spoon or bowl!! I did have to squirt fairy all over the bowl to stop myself tho!! When OH got in from work we went for another walk seeing as it was nice and we ended up out for an hour and a half!!! Just having a well deserved sit down now along with one of the cupcakes. Worked them out as 10 syns each so will have one today and one tomorrow. For tea im making stir fried pork 150g 2 hebs with noodles, vegies and sweet chilli sauce for 4 syns. Yummy.

Aww you're doing so well, you should be very proud of yourself :D
I reeeally need to get more body magic in. I think I went to a gym once....haha.
How you finding the food plan so far?
I've found soo many different dishes so definately not short of variety!

Lost 0.5 lb this week- which is quite a relief as I thought I had gained. Not through eating bad things, funnily enough, from not eating enough! Since starting this I've found the weeks I've eaten 3 full meals (and 3 good-sized meals) a day, I've lost the most! Weird haha
Hope you're well xxxxx

Thanks for reading my diary! Well done on your half this week. All these halves add up at the end of the day. At the moment im finding the food plan really good. I did do a food shop two days ago and have loads of on plan food in so at the moment im finding it quite straight forwards. Next week will be tough when im back in work. I think i just need to make sure im organised at planning my meals and make sure i have as many different things as i can.

Am regretting the long walk now. My legs are really tired and think ill have to have an early night. I hope im not this tired tomorrow cos id wanted to go for another big walk with oh if its nice. Goodnight everyone zzzzzzz!!!

Today so far has been really nice and gone well. Seeing as its been so sunny we went into town for a wander round by the river and the park. I probably clocked up another two hours walking today which my legs arent too happy about now!!! We went round to the in laws for a bit and have come home for a well deserved sit down and cuppa. Today is one of those days that remind me why im doing this. With it being so nice and sunny all the skinny girls were out in their shorts and skirts and i just wish i had a figure to carry off those kind of clothes. Im determined that when we go on holiday i will look good and strut my stuff along the vegas strip in teeny tiny clothes!!!! Its also hard cos its the kind of day id normally spend in the back garden with a beer. At the moment i cannot justify taking money out the savings for a weekend bbq anyway so i guess even if i wasnt doing sw i still wouldnt be there with a cider in hand.

God i sound like im having a right moan! I dont want to take anything away from today cos it haa been perfect.

Foodwise ive had as follows
Green day
Brekkie - egg beans and home made hash browns (hubs wasnt as impressed as i was!)
Pint of semi skimmed milk 2x hea
Lunch - tomato and herb mug shot
Choccie cupcake 10 syns
Tea - home made potato wedges brocolli cauliflower and carrots
200g chicken breast 2x heb
Nandos lime and corriander 4 syns
Lots of nas squash throughout day

Hope everyone is having a good day and enjoying the sun xx

Was getting a bit peckish so oh has made me a mug shot. Is the thai noodle one which has syns in. Im not too worried cos ive had 14 each day so far and have a couple spare. Not very impressed with it. Tastes like spicy soapy water yuck! Wont get them again. Ive been trying to stick to three meals a day and only eating in between if im hungry. I know it sounds silly but i actually feel guilty about having this mugshot even though its on plan and i was bloody hungry!! I guess its the ww in me im too used to going to bed early cos im hungry. Its odd cos when i first started ww i never used to get so hungry. Well i dont remember being hungry it was about five years ago!! But now i feel like i get so much more hungry and cannot live off the amount of food i used to when i did ww!! Sometimes i wonder if changing my pill had anything to do with it. It was around the time i changed that i started having problems sticking to ww. Or maybe two years of points played havoc with my body and sent me the other way. I dunno. I just feel like when i did ww that first time around it was so easy. I dont remember being hungry and i could stick to it with no problems. This is why im doing sw now. It gives me the freedom to eat when im hungry. Its also a lot healthier and encourages me to eat healthy for life. Ive recognised recently i have a lot of issues in my head still left over from ww and i need to deal with those if im ever going to be happy with my weight. God this is all a bit deep for saturday night! I blame that manky mug shot!!!

Back