The Road Less Travelled

Hi lynne, you done well, isn't it nice when you dread the scales and it's better than you thought!
I remember reading your diary ages ago when I first joined minis, then I stopped posting, carried on eating, and am back again.
Good to see your still doing so well :)

Thanks Karen! Good to see you back, and back into gear with the diet. Dratted dieting never ends does it lol.

Was so relieved to see that Im still at target weight. Was not good at doing injections when I was in Spain as it was hot and they make me feel sick at the best of times, but since coming back ive been back on them twice a day. However sickness has been awful and today was the final straw. I had to leave work at 11am and come home to go to bed for 2 hours, fortunately was not too far from home today. I went back this afternoon and finished off my audit, but ive made a decision to come off the Byetta for good. Im sick of feeling sick. I feel confident that I can keep my blood sugar levels down now, and in fact I did talk to my Dr on Thursday about coming off of it. She agreed that it might be a good idea to try without the Byetta, but of course we both have different agendas. Hers was to get my bloods under control. Can put a tick against that one. Mine was to lose weight. Ditto.

I have to admit to being nervous about 'going it alone'. The Byetta has been the major reason for the weight loss, and of course the low blood sugar levels. But ive had a year of it, almost to the day, and its now time to take back my life. So no injection this evening, and Im having an evening of being nausea free. Wonderful! I have 6 weeks to train myself to keep eating under control without the horrid stuff to do it for me, before going on holiday. So the next 6 weeks are going to be critical, and possibly quite interesting.

We are going to Salisbury for the day on Saturday. The last time we went there was 22nd May last year. I had started the Byetta on the 21st and had no idea what was in store for me then. We went for lunch and I ate a jacket potato, and within 20 minutes had never felt so ill. I was 17 and half stone that day, but not for long haha. Hubby took a couple pics of me that day, felt so fat and so ill. This Saturday will be a different story :)

Hi Lynn,

Wow, what a difference a year makes.

I am sorry about your friend. However, is some ways it is better that the last time you saw her was not with the knowledge that it might be the last (if that makes sense). You grieve now that she is gone, not whilst she was still drawing breath.

I loved Majorca. Your sister is lucky to live in Spain! And, remember the banana split rule is "a birthday in Spain". It does not have to be yours -- but it does have to be someone's who is with you. lol

I have not weighed since my return, but I will be weighed soon by my CDC. I am going to meet up with the young woman, whose 21st birthday we were celebrating in Spain, in order to find out when is a good time for her meet my CDC and get info on the CWLP. I want her to consider it as a possible option.

I bought her the Beck Book and Workbook for her birthday and will be meeting with her during the week: I voluntered to be her "Diet Coach". The book should be here by Friday; I will take it to her and we will make a plan. I want her to work through the book properly and spend two weeks getting ready to diet. etc.

Anyway, I am sticking to my "plan" so far today and hope to get back into my planned fitness and other routines by the end of this week. Going on holiday, even for just a few days, really throws me off track.

The street party sounds like a blast: your neighbours are lucky to have you.

My sister bought a good camera and has been loving it -- her photos are amazing. She even took a photography class right after she got it.

Congrats on doing so well with maintaining your losses, even whilst on holiday. And, good luck with the medicine free choice. It is worth a try -- if your body can manage without it, then that is best.

Congrats on the amazing test score. I hope your manager was impressed! Maybe you will get a pay rise (lol).

I hope your week goes well and that you're are correct about the other medical issue. It sounds very plausible as oestrogen is stored in bodyfat and released when your lose weight.

Mel

Saturday 21st May 2011

1 year to the day! Now at 10.7. not my lowest which was 10.1 but im pretty happy at my current weight and thats where I intend to stay more or less (meaning somewhere between 10st and 10.10)
Here is a pic of me today in Salisbury
salisburymay2011.jpg

And this was me 1 year ago

salisburymay2010.jpg

I mentioned before than hubby had bought me a wonderful camera recently, totally wasted in my uncapable hands unfortunately but Ive also been learning how to use photoshop which is something of a miracle
a. because im useless at photography
b. because im useless at learning anything new, especially when it means reading instructions.
Anyhow here is a pic i took of my grandson today
benresise.jpg

And this is what i did with it in photoshop, which im feeling pretty pleased with :)
benjproject1a-1.jpg

Lynn you look AMAZING. Your body looks like a 18 year old girl body;) You must be so proud of you! And the hair fringe firts you perfectly, you look younger and vibrant now:)

It looks like you've been having some fun with photoshop, I never used it and I'm a bit like you, I don't like to read instructions so: 1) I don't use things; 2) when I have ti use new things I just experiment and learn through trial and error, haha

How long have you been mantaining Lynn? If I recall correctly you've been at an healthy weight since Christmas. Also, are you still eating low cal (I remember you used to eat less than 1000 cals a day)?

xx

Hi Lynn,

You look fabulous. Happy Anniversary -- it has been a whole year since you hit goal and have managed to stay there! You are an inspriation. I like the fringe, too. The style suits you.

I am impressed with your learning new skills. I, like Aline, tend to avoid reading the instructions until I have gotten totally frustrated. My younger sister got a complicated camera a few years ago and went on course to learn how to use it. She has gotten very good with the camera and is certainly getting more use out of it, in large part, because of the course she took.

I hope you have a good week. I thought about your "gypsy wedding" experience as I watched the American version of four weddngs yesterday. It was interesting to see how differently people celebrate the same tradition.

Mel

Thanks Aline and Mel!

No, not a year since hitting goal Mel, I should have explained properly lol, but it was 3am when i posted. May 21 2010 is the day I started to lose weight, not that I actually knew that on that day lol. Ive been attempting to maintain since around New Year. Weight goes up and down but thats life, as long as the general trend is down most of the time im happy :)

Aline, im on more calories now overall, i dont count them though really anymore. I know what a good day is compared to a bad day lol, as long as the good days outweigh the bad thats pretty good :), and im starting to trust how my clothes feel instead of weighing everyday, which is a BIG step for me. My Levis are pretty unforgiving, so they are my guideline now.

Less than 6 weeks to Tenerife! Can you tell im getting excited about it? lol! There will be 10 in our party, plus another 4 coming, but I will be cooking for 10 mostly, so I bought a spare food processor to take with me! I found a smallish Kenwood food processor on Amazon for £23! It was such a bargain I ordered it there and then. I checked the status of my order a couple hours later and it had gone up to £46! So i got a real bargain, I wonder if they had the wrong price on it. Also, Ive order 2 large suitcases from Amazon as airlines no longer allow more than 1 case per person unless you pay extra (well, Monarch and Easyjet dont anyway).

I had to arrange parking at Gatwick for 3 cars when the rest of the family come out. The 'special offer' on airport parking was £98 per car for 2 weeks (total £294), but if they checked into the Gatwick Worth, they get rooms for the night before for 8 people and 15 days parking for 3 cars for a total of £258, plus £20 for a taxi for all of them to get to the airport in the morning. That means they dont have to leave extra early on the morning.

You're a real maintainer role model Lynn;)

It looks like you have almost everything ready for Tenerife and you still have so many weeks ahead, hehe. I wish I was organized as you are:)

xx

Hi Lynn,

You have done so well -- to lose the weight in seven months and have been maintaining for over five.

Your are super organised getting everything sorted for Tenerife so early. But, that is important with so many people going to travel together.

I hope your week goes well.

Mel

I love going on holiday with organized people, have you always been that organized?
Ate you still off your meds? And how's it going? Maintaining is hard isn't it, but has to be done.
Your doing well enjoy Tenerife :)

I love going on holiday with organized people, have you always been that organized?
Ate you still off your meds? And how's it going? Maintaining is hard isn't it, but has to be done.
Your doing well enjoy Tenerife :)

Im the most unorganised person I know lol! But there are going to be at least 10 of us going on holiday and with so many I will be the one doing the cooking! So I have to get my ass into gear otherwise they will all starve lol. Also I have a terrible memory so I rely on lists otherwise ill just get into a panic. I like seeing it all written down and ticked off the list then I can relax.

Still off the byetta, weight and blood sugars are maintaining so thats really good.

My weight has stabilised at around 10.5 now, im really happy about that, not my lowest weight but pretty close. All my holiday clothes are pretty much size 12's, so that in itself keeps me pretty much on the straight and narrow, Im taking a big beach towel though as it may be the only thing that goes round me by the end of 4 weeks away haha.

Only 4 weeks till we go now, I just cant wait to get there. My kindle is stuffed with books to read and the only thing I need to buy now is some suntan lotion (must put that on the list)

You shattered my illusion of you now!
Organized in top of everything type of person!
Size 12 is nice that's where I want to be when I get to goal.
Lists... I'm great for lists, sometimes I even do something not on my list, so I then add it to the list and cross it off! Lol

LOL -- LISTS>

I have a good friend who refers to her lists as her "pensieve". You know like the hting Dumbledore uses in Harry Potter to store his memories so that he does not get overloaded!

She says that once she writes it on the list it is "Off" her mind -- but she won't forget to take care of it.

I LOVE crossing things off -- I think it gives me a sense of accomplisment.

Lynn,

Get some strong sun screen you look very fair. Also, remember to apply it before you have breakfast and reapply it after a few hours.

Mel

I think I may be losing my cat Rosie. She is the litter sister of Sophie who was put to sleep earlier this year. Im totally distraught, losing Sophie was bad enough, but until last weekend Rose was absolutely fine and not like an old cat at all (she is 15). Then she suddenly had a blood vessel go in her eye and is now blind in that eye. The vet said she has high blood pressure so now she is on medication for that. However, when i looked it up on the internet it said that cats rarely have high blood pressure as a primary problem, it most often a secondary problem to an existing illness, except she wasnt ill.

This afternoon I got home to find her barely moving and very weak, a couple of hours ago I thought she was about to die as she was hardly breathing and not moving at all, but now she seems to have rallied a bit, but she still keeps her eyes shut and is moving very little. If she is still with me tomorrow Ill take her to the vet first thing in the morning, but I strongly suspect the answer will be the same as it was for Sophie. I cant bear to think I will lose Rose, she has been my soul mate for 15 years. I have always had a very strong bond with her, and even when I lost Soph I couldnt imagine ever losing Rose.

I want her to recover, and quickly, but I know that at her age this is probably the end for her and if it is I want it to be quick, for her sake and for mine because im going out of my head with grief here.

Rosie made it through the night and actually seems to be recovering. I strongly suspect the meds she was given for blood pressure, so I have stopped them. I think they made her blood pressure drop too low which caused her to become semi concious yesterday evening. At least she is eating again and walking around, but it was an anxious night with her.

I will keep a watch on her over the next couple of days and see what happens. I could take her to the vet today but I will wait and see if she has another attack now she is off the meds.

Now I wish my holiday was 4 months away, so that I had time to see how things pan out with her. Rob will be here for the first 2 weeks we are away, so thats no problem, but for the other 2 weeks my neighbour will be looking after Rosie and Fatz, and it wouldnt be fair to saddle her with a problem like that.

Oh Lynn,

I am so sorry you. I wish I knew what to write. I wonder if it has been hard on Rosie with Sophie gone -- I hope that when she passes it will be very peaceful and that in some small way you will be comforted by knowing that she is no longer missing her big sister.

The holiday may be just what you need. I once watched an ailing pet for a friend (they had concrete plans and could not change them). The pet passed away whilst in my care, and although it was hard for me, I was kind of grateful that when they returned it was "sorted" and they did not have to deal with "business details" -- they could just grieve.

I hope she rallies and you get to enjoy some more time with her. But if her quality of life is not good, I also hope that you will find peace with the knowledge that it was her time.

Mel

This time last Sunday I thought Rosie was dying, as she lay semi concious on my bed. Today she is back to her old self yowling and moaning about the rain lol. Both Rose and Fatz love to lay out on the grass basking in the sun, and it must be odd to them when the sun wont come out to play. I dont think Fatz ever got the hang of nighttime either, as he is often reluctant to come in after a sunny day, and stays outside waiting for it to appear again. Fatz is a cat of very little brain, and gets scared easily. A Pidgeon walking round the edge of the grass spooked him the other day. Rose on theother hand fully understands that when it gets dark its time to make for my bed.

My weight was down to 10.2 this morning, which was a surprise to me especially as we have eaten out 3 times this week. Ive been back on the exante shakes for breakfast as my last lot reach their use by date in July. Im down to the last 6 and really enjoying them for breakfast, its quick and easy too, so I will probably end up putting another order in this week. I keep watching them on ebay but sometimes they go for silly prices. They work out £1.25 each if you buy a months supply of 84 sachets (a month on total replacement that is, but i just have one a day), so I refuse to pay more than that on ebay. 26 went for £42 yesterday.

I joined a local camera club this week, it was quite interesting. They had a presentation on flower photography with a follow up of a practical photography session at Chievely Manor on 22nd June, but I have my hospital appoinment that day and may end up having a biopsy so probably wont be up for taking pictures in the evening. However, ive found out that Chievely Manor is open next Sunday for National Gardens week, so hubby and I may go along for that instead and I can take some pics then.

Hi Lynn,

I am glad to read the Rosie rallied. I hope that your biopsy goes smoothly and the result is good news. I think joining a photography clib was a good idea, my sister did that when she got her new complicated camera and the people in the club were very helpful. She takes amazing photos these days.

Maybe you could spilt an Exante order with someone else and get the lower price.

My CAPC said that a lot people stay on one pack a day -- as way of maintaining their losses and getting proper nutrition. I can see doing that.

I hope you have a good week.

Mel

P.S. My friend took some lovely photos a few years ago at the Chelsea Flower show.

Meal replacement sachets are wonderful for maintaining and I can see me doing them ongoing. I actually enjoy them anyway, especially exante as they are creamy and mild tasting and not overly sweet either. I think they are probably the cheapest too. And I have them because I really like them not because I'm trying to lose weight, well, I suppose that honestly I am trying to lose weight but I don't actually need to. How wonderful is that lol, dieting to amuse myself. But only because holiday is on the horizon.

I'm starting to feel a bit more relaxed about my weight now. I'm not so frantic about it anymore. I won't be taking my scales on holiday now for instance and I'm learning to trust how my clothes feel.

I'm always scared I will put on weight of course and I guess I hope that feeling doesn't go away. I will always need to stay on my guard, just because I'm thin today won't stop me getting fat tomorrow. I will always be a fat person whether it's in a thin body or a fat one, but that's a lesson I had never learned before, and now I have!

Back