The scales aren't moving

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by corinne_j, 6 November 2007 Social URL.

1. corinne_j

corinne_j Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(33.33%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Morning! I'm just after a bit of reassurance really...I'm on week 3 and get weighed tomorrow. I usually hop on the scales every morning just to see the weight dropping off, however this week I don't seem to have lost any weight at all. I'm sticking to SS 100% and drinking at least 4l of water a day, it's not totm, what's happening ???:cry:

Corinne x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge
    If you are sticking to it 100% the weight is moving. Have you measured yourself you will be losing inches.
    Try not to hop on and off the scales as it does set off the mood for the day. Just weigh on your CDC's once a week.

4. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

i scale hop too as it keeps me focused. Look at the losses you have had these past two weeks. It would be a miracle if every week were 7 or 8lbs. You will have smaller losses and this week may be one of them (but usually the official scales are more positive than mine so hopefully that is the case for you). Sometimes there is even a week where you will lose nothing ... but the following week you will have a good loss again. Remember to look further than a day or week at a time. You have done really well so far and if you remain on it 100% you WILL have a better loss next week (if you don't remain 100% you won't and then your ability to remain positive and focused will be dented ...so keep doing what you are doing)

And yes, you will probably see a good measurement loss this week - have you noticed clothes are loser around the waist?

5. MsJMC

MsJMC Strong women stay slim

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    They say one stone a month to look for , well you've done that in two weeks , so might be slowing down , but if you look at it a stone a month , you won't feel let down

6. corinne_j

corinne_j Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(33.33%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks everyone x

The sane part of my mind knows its physically impossible NOT to lose weight on so few calories, but it is nice stepping on the scales and seeing the weight come off almost daily.

I know that after 2 fantastic weeks losses it will slow down, my clothes are definitely feeling looser so I can tell the weight is coming off even if the scales aren't playing ball lol

MsJMC likes this.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.