The Shred Thread

Shredding done. :D
Level 2. 1kg weights.
22 consecutive days in a row :D

You're almost to 30 marge! Well done x

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

I know :eek:
I cant quite believe it :eek:
I have only just realised that my 30th day is next Saturday, which is when I am meeting up with a friend, who hasn't seen me since March, before Exante and the shred, and she doesn't know that I have been doing either ;).
I might have next Sunday off:rolleyes::p, before starting again on the Monday :D

Hi ladies,

I saw the title "The Shred Thread" and my curiosity was sparked so I've had a read of the posts and have no idea what on earth this shred and curves thing is, only that it's hard work.

Can someone enlighten me please? xx

Hi ladies,

I saw the title "The Shred Thread" and my curiosity was sparked so I've had a read of the posts and have no idea what on earth this shred and curves thing is, only that it's hard work.

Can someone enlighten me please? xx

Curves is a woman only gym
Curves Women's Only Health Clubs and Fitness Centers with Aerobic and Strength Training Workouts in 30 Minutes and Weight Loss Programs

The 30 day Shred is an exercise DVD, by Jillian Michaels, the trainer from America's Biggest Loser.

:)

Curves is like Butlins in comparison to the Shred :eek:

Yup shredded too :D
Day 7 of level 2.
I still really struggle on the plank abs thing at the end :(
Is there some sort of clue how to do this ?
Or do you just not need 3 stone of belly fat in the way ?:(

A quick observation about the shred & fitness levels...

I went to the gym today instead of shredding... my usual workout would be along the lines of 5 min row (warm up) / 15 mins cross trainer / 15 mins cycling and some weights.

This would be pretty knackering.

I had to up all of the levels on the machines by about 2 as I was feeling no effect... I also walked there and back :eek:

So in conclusion shred = excellent workout.

Well this evening, I was getting really tempted by the fridge, but I managed to resist, and instead actually did the whole of level 1 shred! (I've been avoiding it for the last few weeks) I then collapsed in front of the telly for another 30 minutes afterwards to get my breath back :) Really pleased with myself. Now to try and do it again tomorrow. It's the first time I've made it to the end of the 20 mins shred without breaks - although I'm still not convinced that my push ups can even vaguely go by that name!

A quick observation about the shred & fitness levels...

I went to the gym today instead of shredding... my usual workout would be along the lines of 5 min row (warm up) / 15 mins cross trainer / 15 mins cycling and some weights.

This would be pretty knackering.

I had to up all of the levels on the machines by about 2 as I was feeling no effect... I also walked there and back :eek:

So in conclusion shred = excellent workout.

Thats exactly why Curves is like Butlins in comparrison to the shred ;)

Well this evening, I was getting really tempted by the fridge, but I managed to resist, and instead actually did the whole of level 1 shred! (I've been avoiding it for the last few weeks) I then collapsed in front of the telly for another 30 minutes afterwards to get my breath back :) Really pleased with myself. Now to try and do it again tomorrow. It's the first time I've made it to the end of the 20 mins shred without breaks - although I'm still not convinced that my push ups can even vaguely go by that name!

Excellent :D

cybill said:

That's probably one of the reasons the Shred is so effective! Once you have done it there is no energy left to walk to the fridge or open it!! :D :D x

hi all is this the jillian michaels one? if so i have it n can i join in lol? im only on day 1 of the plan so think ill start nxt wk ;)

bexterj24 said:
hi all is this the jillian michaels one? if so i have it n can i join in lol? im only on day 1 of the plan so think ill start nxt wk ;)

Hi Bexter, it is indeed the Jillian Mochaels one!! It's really tough, but you'll see results after a week, so its worth it!! Good luck

Mojorock said:
Hi Bexter, it is indeed the Jillian Mochaels one!! It's really tough, but you'll see results after a week, so its worth it!! Good luck

ooh fab ive done it before at one stage got to L3 but that was last yr n not done any for mths so be gd to get bk into it again and knowing theres others doing it too xx

cant wait to get started again gotta wait till wk2 tho dnt wanna be fainting lol

Back