The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

Hey team just signing in its day 15 - lost me 3lbs in week 2! Yay Good thing is trousers are getting smaller!

[quote=GTPeach;903596]
Gem - Do you mind asking your CDC if I can consult with her via email and the occasional phone call (I'd make the call so no charge to her.) ?? That would be absolutely lovely! And being formerly American, she might understand a lot better about the foods and diet stuff available here, and how the CD USA works, than an average CDC over there. [/quote]

I will ask her GTPeach but I won't see her until Saturday. I will drop her an email in a second and hopefully she will respond quickly.

Hey all, just wanted to introduce myself, My name's Helen, I start CD tomorrow and I'm doing 810 - well 790 with skimmed milk! I did LL last year and lost a lot of weight and have pretty much put it all back on, since my wedding in Feb. What I think my main problem was my body image, I honestly could not see a difference between me at 16s9lb and 12s9lb so I didn't notice the weight creeping on. I told my CDC this on Friday and she has said it's something we'll work on which will be a massive help. I start a new job in the 22nd and have had a drastic haircut so this is the next 'new me' step, starting afresh at the new company.

Looking forward to the support from and giving support to my fellow team mates!

Helen

Great to hear from you Helen! I started a new job shortly after starting the diet too, and I also went for a drastic haircut just before!!! Must be a woman thing x

Hey team just signing in its day 15 - lost me 3lbs in week 2! Yay Good thing is trousers are getting smaller!

Well done 161ds!!! We are on a roll this week! I feel we may win this!!! xxx

YAY!! After a pretty much stagnant week and a half I lost 1 lb! Only 1 but inches were more. Yahoo!!

Well done GTPeach. A pound is a pound! As long as it's coming off it doesn't matter if you only lose an ounce!!!! x

True enough!

I am totally not digging this porridge...it tastes foul to me! I have tried it on three occasions now, with sweeteners, without sweeteners, more water, less water?!!? I feel slightly let down as I was so looking forward to 'eating' something. Oh well...back to shakes! I have to admit that I find the tetras absolutely divine! I would drink them all the time if I didn't have to have a mixing shake to put my fibre in (I hate it in water!)!!!! xxx

Gem - the 1 lb. is apparently 2 STONE MARK!!!! :-D

I'm thrilled. =)

Well done GT peach!! 2 stone is a great achievement!

Shame about the porridge I have not yet got my weeks supply but was so looking forward to something different!

You might like it 161ds. A lot of people have. I think I could handle it occasionally but not everyday. My CDC said she is having it twice a day!!! x

Phew! we can't move in here for those pounds falling off!

GO GIRLS!!!!!

We are all doing brilliantly, i'm proud to be a team 10 member! We really are living up to our team name.

Well done everyone!

xxx

:eatdrink017::eatdrink017::eatdrink017::eatdrink017:Hmmm the porridge is a weird one, i made it with extra water yesterday and it wasn't good, but today i made it exactly as it said and it was surprisingly nice. The really strange thing was how full i felt, my stomach felt heavy, it has made me slightly nervous about how it will feel to eat real food again.

I'm with you Gem, i defo can't take the fibre in water:eatdrink017:

xxx

lolol look what happened to my post lolol

lol thinkthincd, i hate it when that happens!

i'm considering treating myself to hair extensions after payday on the 19th...i know i will be down by at least 2st then and i would like to treat myself and make myself feel better. i would love long flowing curly locks!!!

oooh and my other half is planning on taking me to Prague for my birthday in october half term for a three day mini break. im really worried i won't be able to fit on the plane though :cry:never been on a plane before and i don't want the first time to be embarassing! x

Hi Gem,

I've just bought myself some hair rehab clip in extensions they are about £100 but are real hair and you can curl, straighten, wash and colour them.
I was considering getting "proper" extensions but my friend had them done and they take so much time to maintain them, might be worth trying the clip ins first they take 5 mins and look totally natural.

I love the idea of having sensible business women shoulder length hair mon-fri and then clipping my fab (20") extensions in at the weekend! lol

If you do get them done let me know what you think.

Don't worry at all about the plane you honestly have nothing to worry about, just try and get the emergency exit seats for your own comfort cos you get loads of leg room.

xxx

i wear the clip in ones all the time :) in my avatar i am wearing them! i love them!

but they are a pain to put it every day and i prefer the idea of having extensions permanently in but having to look after them more lol.

thanks for the tip about the plane!!

how are you feeling today? x

Wow they look great!
I must admit i keep thinking about having some proper extensions, but not sure how practical they would be with an 18month old! I'm always washing the clip ins because he has given me a hug with jam/cream cheese/ yoghurt etc on his hands!

Feeling good today, jumped on the scales this morn (i know i know but i have to look!) and i've lost 2 pounds so secretly hoping for a good one this week, you watch... i will still have only lost 2lbs by sunday now lol.

Lucky you going to prague, i know exactly how you feel i was worried when we went skiing last march but there is enough room, and its only a short flight.

xxx

2lbs already? well done you! we are so going to win this week! i can't jump on the scales whenever i want as i am currently off them! i need to get down by another 2st 4lbs to be on them!!! when i do finally get there i will probably become a serial weigher!!! i keep measuring myself though. twice a week or something-i'm terrible!!! lost loads of inches though so i'm chuffed!

the good thing about my job is that the days fly past and before i know it, it's weigh in again! i love it!

but my 24th birthday is fast approaching too and this year, no cake!!! :cry:nevermind, it will be worth it in the end when on my 25th birthday, i will be a trim 11st 7lbs!!! :D xxx

lol wish i was 24 again, i'm staring down 29 in march eek!
xx

Back