The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

soontobelittle gem after 4 successful weeks on Cd I think you should treat yourself!

hi all, had my 1st wi tonight and lost a lovely 12 1/4lb!! wow im sooooo chuffed!.xx

Wow gem - those look so good! I definitely think you deserve a treat! Great use of non-food rewards!! :D

I've been lucky, I guess. My hair is soo thick - like a horse - and I've been growing it out for the past 5 or 6 years. I just got it cut shorter (still very long - half down my back) but before, it was almost the small of my back! :-o And thus far - no thinning from the diet. :) (Well maybe there is, but my hair's so thick I haven't noticed!)

I decided that when I get into a real 10, not a tight 10, I am treating myself to a manicure and pedicure at a spa, and maybe a massage at the massage school (so cheap! $25 for an hour!!!) if I have time.

I've also spent a fortune on makeup lately. I'm wearing it more often than I used to. Because I feel pretty! And......... BIG DEAL HERE.......... Because I can stand to look at mysel fin the mirror long enough, and thoroughly enough, to put it on!! Before, I had pretty m uch avoided all mirrors. Run a brush through the hair, pick out a matching outfit, and off I go with nary a need to view myself. Now that I feel prettier - I can! :)

That photo - I still can't get over. Those extensions are matched perfectly! Totally real looking! :D

Smurf - you get your own post.

BLOODY WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My first day yesterday was ok, I'm on the 810, and had gorgeous chicken and mushroom kebabs then a hot toffee and walnut drink for dinner, didn't mix the drink as well as I should've so had to do a lot of sucking through my teeth to avoid lumps!

Have decided I'm going to weigh myself on Friday after I get back from my CDC so I get the reading on my scales too so I know how much I've lost I know hers will be more accurate but will still be good to get a general idea of loss during the week. Right onto day 2...

H

OMG smurf!

That is a HUGE loss well done you!!! you munst be over the moon, can't wait to post your percentage!!

Well done PBFHPUNK you've made it through day one, and your still here just imagine how it will feel when you get on the scales several pounds lighter at the end of the week.

So jealous GT my hair is fine but lots of it, and i'm losing loads at the mo!

Have a good day everyone!

xxx

Wow smurf well done thats an amazing start - very jealous!

To all my fellow team members what version of Cd are you guys doing? I really struggled last week so this week whilst OH and I will be at home together ( mainly so he can supervise my portions) going to do SS+ however really dont wanna jeopardize my chances nor do I want to miss out on big losses!!

Go punk!!!

I'm doing 2 shakes and 1 meal of 200 calories after having done 5 wks. of SS. My losses slowed more than they ought to have, so I'm hoping this puts me over the plateau and starts me losing quickly again.

Afternoon everyone!

Having a great day today, my wii fit arrived this morning and so i have been trying it out (all in the name of the team of course!)

It has been brought to my attention that some of the team might prefer that i just post their pounds lost and their overall percentage lost along with our team percentage on the team challenge thread, rather than start weights etc, so thats how i will do it from now on.

Also if you would prefer to keep any of your info private feel free to PM.

I've got to say its looking good for this week!

xxx

Hi GT How are you finding your version of CD. Its what I am trying to do. By the 200 meal are you referring to the protein and 2 tbsp of veg?

I like it so far. Will let you know Thus. how I've lost, etc. I'm using it for plateau. But yeah - 200 calories. Lean white protein and romaine lettuce. Good thing I always loved chicken salad, huh?? I've even gotten to liking it without the tomatoes and onions now! :-o I found a great line of dressings with no carbs, calories, fat, sugar, or acid - and the real miracle is they taste just as good! BBQ chicken and salad dressings for me here I come!!! I've also gotten to the point now where I find no shame in bringing my dressings into a restaurant. If they think it is ethical to charge me the same price for lettuce and chicken on a plate as they do for lettuce, chicken, bacon, fruit, crutons, nuts, cheese, dressing, etc.... WELL! Then it's ethical for me to do whatever I want with my food. :)

hi all, had my 1st wi tonight and lost a lovely 12 1/4lb!! wow im sooooo chuffed!.xx
Well done Smurf!!! We are so going to win this week!!! xxx

Wow gem - those look so good! I definitely think you deserve a treat! Great use of non-food rewards!! :D

I've been lucky, I guess. My hair is soo thick - like a horse - and I've been growing it out for the past 5 or 6 years. I just got it cut shorter (still very long - half down my back) but before, it was almost the small of my back! :-o And thus far - no thinning from the diet. :) (Well maybe there is, but my hair's so thick I haven't noticed!)

I decided that when I get into a real 10, not a tight 10, I am treating myself to a manicure and pedicure at a spa, and maybe a massage at the massage school (so cheap! $25 for an hour!!!) if I have time.

I've also spent a fortune on makeup lately. I'm wearing it more often than I used to. Because I feel pretty! And......... BIG DEAL HERE.......... Because I can stand to look at mysel fin the mirror long enough, and thoroughly enough, to put it on!! Before, I had pretty m uch avoided all mirrors. Run a brush through the hair, pick out a matching outfit, and off I go with nary a need to view myself. Now that I feel prettier - I can! :)

That photo - I still can't get over. Those extensions are matched perfectly! Totally real looking! :D
Thanks hun! I pride myself on my matching extensions hehe!!! xxx

To all my fellow team members what version of Cd are you guys doing? I really struggled last week so this week whilst OH and I will be at home together ( mainly so he can supervise my portions) going to do SS+ however really dont wanna jeopardize my chances nor do I want to miss out on big losses!!
Hi 161ds! I am doing SS and am planning on sticking to it until the 12wk mark when I do 810 for a week then back to SS for another 12wks. I find I have to go all or nothing or I just won't stick to it! xxx

Afternoon everyone!

Having a great day today, my wii fit arrived this morning and so i have been trying it out (all in the name of the team of course!)

It has been brought to my attention that some of the team might prefer that i just post their pounds lost and their overall percentage lost along with our team percentage on the team challenge thread, rather than start weights etc, so thats how i will do it from now on.

Also if you would prefer to keep any of your info private feel free to PM.

I've got to say its looking good for this week!

xxx
Glad you are having fun with the Wii Fit thinkthincd! We are so going to win this week. I can feel it in my water-all 4.5l of it!!! I don't mind people knowing my weight, as long as they know that I weigh less than I used to :D xxx

Guys I am having a bad week this week. Not cheating or anything but so damn miserable!!! I keep crying! Don't know what's wrong with me but I caused a huge bust up with my OH (luckily he isn't going anywhere soon or I would have been in Singlesville!)!!! And today I came home and he had to go straight to work and I started bawling my eyes out!!! What the hell?! :cry:xxx

Oh no!!!! (lots of hugs) Maybe you could call him at work just to tell him you miss him? It'd make his night, I'm sure, and make you feel better too.

Yeah I might later. Trouble is he is driving a lot tonight. Normally when he is at work I can chat to him on MSN or something but when he is out driving, I have to make do with the odd text. I'm totally paranoid and clingy. I'm surprised he hasn't chucked me by now!!! x

Hope things are better with your OH now.

I'm having a tough night, messed up dinner it was was gross. am this __ far from eating a chocolate bar - in fact only thing stopping me are we don't have any and live in a village that doesn't have anything including a shop!

H

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ((loads of big big hugs)) we can do this girls!! Its probably going to be one of the most testing things we do as it affects every area of our lives, i've been really tearful as well for the last week Gem, but i've come to the conclusion that its purely because if i felt down when i wasn't on CD i would have ordered a take away or bought big bag of m&m's with a bottle of wine and maybe some biscuits or crisps! The point is i would have used my mood as an excuse to eat, yet when you take that "treat" away there doesn't feel like there is any reward, and therefore no quick fix way to lift your mood. It can feel like all of the things you would do to cheer yourself up (go out for dinner, have a takeaway in front of the tv, meet up with the girls for a good night out etc etc) are now off limits or not the same as they used to be, and it was this realisation that tipped me over the edge on sunday, but also made me grateful for CD so i didn't have the option to make the wrong choice with food.

I try to remember that as i am sat here typing my body is getting gradually smaller and smaller, and so all of the reasons that i used to comfort eat are melting away along with these excess pounds. I will be a thinner healthier me, and this is just a transitional phase it won't be forever and it will be so worth it.

H- week 1 really is the hardest, once you have your 1st WI under your belt you will be super motivated, just set yourself the goal to get to weigh in, all of a sudden it seems easy to stick to it for a few more days, and once you have been on the scales you will be addicted!

Wow sermon over! I hope you both feel better,

You know where we all are if you need to chat or get anything off your chest!

Love

H xxx

I think I'm gonna stick to the chicken kebabs, or maybe try and mix things. Does anyone know if it's poss to have half the cottage cheese and half the chicken together? am guessing mixed
with salad that would be quite nice.

H

Back