The Slimming Kitchen

EE Day Five

Breakfast:
Melon & herbal tea.

Lunch:
Butternut squash & tomato soup.

Dinner:
Beef steak, 1 NuMe Cumberland sausage (1 syn), mushrooms, peas, grilled tomatoes & 200g of McCains 5% fat oven chips (3 syns).

3.jpg

Dessert:
Pink Lady Apples & Quark mixed with sweetener & vanilla essence. Simply gorgeous.

3.jpg

Snacks:
1 Alpen light bar (Speed for 1 as HEB), Milky coffee (HEA).
Boost tea.

Tetley Super Green Tea Boost Lime flavour.
Tetley have blended green tea with juicy line & vitamin B6 to deliver the perfect blend for when you need it most. Vitamin B6 helps reduce tiredness & fatigue as well as helping release energy from food.

3.jpg

Syns: 5

Treated myself to this bikini today for my holiday end of Feb. This is my incentive right now to get in shape & be good so I can feel better about myself on holiday.

10624817_333402826851155_2548147079196745601_n.jpg

Made another soup today ready for tomorrow and Tues.

Extra Easy SP Soup - Pea & Ham with Mint Sauce

Serves 2 large portions

Ingredients:
A good handful of yellow split peas
A handful of frozen peas
1 onion chopped
10 slices of smoked ham or alternatively you can use gammon or bacon. Any kind of ham will give it a good flavour.
A sprinkle of garlic granules
Salt & pepper
a tablespoon of mint sauce
500ml of chicken Oxo stock

Method:
Add all the ingredients to a large saucepan and stir well. Simmer on a medium heat for around 30 minutes or until everything is soft. Blitz with a hand blender & serve. Delicious.

10933880_333411980183573_6149641721060903914_n.jpg

EE Day Six

Today's not been a great day I couldn't sleep last night and eventually got to sleep at 5am. Was suffering with the acid reflux again and it's been hiring my stomach/chest so I've not eaten much today.

I had a jacket potato with beans and beetroot at 4.30pm. Hubby and I both got in from work late tonight so I made us bangers mash and onion gravy. Used 7.5 syns on Richmond sausages but it was well worth it.

I'm pretty dehydrated today as well so much drink more this week and try to stop this acid reflux making me feel this way. It really takes my appetite away at times. Weigh in tomorrow but don't think I've lost this week due to not eating enough xxx

image-930157493.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hope you're feeling better this morning, my OH suffers from acid reflux and it's horrible to watch :(
Do you have anything you can take?
Good luck for weigh in xx

Acid Reflux is horrid! Try Freezing yogurt in lolly makers. I find it soothes the pain really quickly.
Top thread by the way, I'm looking to join Slimming world in the next month or so! So getting ideas now to start trying out and eating healthier until I start properly :)
Best Wishes with hospital hun!
Stacey :)

Oooo Crazeyace are you a Stacey too? :D Great name. Good luck joining, let me know how you get on hunni.
I am still suffering with the acid reflux its annoying as I have been on loads of different tablets from the doctor but nothing has worked for me which is why I am waiting for a Gastroscopy at the hospital. Hope it comes round sooner rather than later as it's not nice at all and really has prevented me from eating much. I went to weigh in and I stayed the same this week. Expected though but will definitely try harder this week as I want a loss. xxx

HH.jpg
I absolutely love these new Hula Hoops Puft Crisps.
They are 3.5 syns a pack & full of flavour. Really nice. Highly recommend to anyone who is a crisp lover. I got them from Asda for 93p. They only had salt & vinegar left though. Would love to try the other flavours.

Thanks Hun!
Yip Im a Stacey 2, I had Acid Reflux so bad last year. I worked out it was peppers mainly causing the problem, If I eat peppers and yogurt after I find I don't struggle so much now. The tablets take ages to work. You can get a aloe vera drink from Forever living products which helps with lots of different health aspects to the body. My friend was taking tablets for 10 years for acid reflux and hasn't touched them for a year since having the drink every day. I think its like 15 mls of the drink a day. I hope everything gets sorted soon rather than later for you and they get to the root of the cause. Not eating fried food is a good preventative from getting gall stones, Which is pretty handy as slimming world doesnt allow for deep fryed and fatty food like that! (I have a blood disorder that taught me this lol)
Looking forward to starting properly and joining the band wagon!

Thanks Hun!
Yip Im a Stacey 2, I had Acid Reflux so bad last year. I worked out it was peppers mainly causing the problem, If I eat peppers and yogurt after I find I don't struggle so much now. The tablets take ages to work. You can get a aloe vera drink from Forever living products which helps with lots of different health aspects to the body. My friend was taking tablets for 10 years for acid reflux and hasn't touched them for a year since having the drink every day. I think its like 15 mls of the drink a day. I hope everything gets sorted soon rather than later for you and they get to the root of the cause. Not eating fried food is a good preventative from getting gall stones, Which is pretty handy as slimming world doesnt allow for deep fryed and fatty food like that! (I have a blood disorder that taught me this lol)
Looking forward to starting properly and joining the band wagon!

Thank you for the tips hun. I have never heard of that drink before will have to look out for it. The dr thought I may have had gallstones but turns out it wasn't those lol. xxx

Extra Easy Day One

Breakfast:
Tinned spaghetti in tomato sauce on Dietary Specials white ciabatta (HEB)

1.jpg

Lunch:
Pea & Ham soup, Muller corner strawberry (5 syns), 1 mandarin.

1.jpg
Snack:
Mugshot, 3 Babybel lights (HEA), Slices of ham, cherry tomatoes, 1 apple.

3.jpg

Dinner:
Thai Green Chicken Curry
I have never made a Thai curry before and tonight I really enjoyed this. Tasted amazing. I did the recipe from the SW fakeaways book for 1.5 syns per portion. Absolutely stunning and so easy to make too.

2.jpg 1.jpg

And here is my lovely new mug that my bestie sent me in the post today I love it....

3.jpg

I drink a lot of fruit teas now and I had loads of boxes in my cupboard but today my Tea Chest arrived that I ordered from Ebay. It's fab. Love how it keeps all the different teas nice and neat.

4.jpg

I've ended today on 6.5 syns. Really enjoyed my meals today and it is my mission this week to try and have my three meals a day instead of one or two that I have been having lately. I have loads of coconut light milk left so going to look up some recipes to see what I can do with it :)
xxx

Dinner looked Lush Hun!

Where do you get your green tea with Lime. I've been trying to find a like for Green tea, I've tried the ones with lemon in and still couldnt bare the taste. I don't want to put sugar in as defeats the object. Any handy tips?

I've been suffering with it for the last 2/3 months.So bad over Xmas I spent most of my time on or in the bed. Just ended up eating rice cakes,ham,bananas and turkey.Couldn't eat anything else as I felt worse if I did. Only drank hot water and camomile tea as green teas made it worse. I read Drop the Acid and I have almost recovered from it. Here is the website. Dropping Acid: The Reflux Diet Cookbook & Cure Just waiting to see a consultant.It's been put through as urgent but got my appointment through for end of Feb.I will of cured myself by then.:D Dr gave me Gastro tabs which I have only had to take for 3 weeks and a plain diet. Something else I have been suffering with was nasal congestion for 2 years and the Gastro tabs helped me with that. I can sympathize with anyone who suffers from it and anyone who doesn't suffer doesn't know exactly what you go through.:)

Awww thanks for this post hun and sorry to hear you are going through it too.
I've tried 4 types of tablets none have worked for me so now I'm waiting for the gastroscopy. They are taking ages though and I just want a solution now xxx

Dinner looked Lush Hun! Where do you get your green tea with Lime. I've been trying to find a like for Green tea, I've tried the ones with lemon in and still couldnt bare the taste. I don't want to put sugar in as defeats the object. Any handy tips?

I got mine from Asda hun they've got loads at the moment all for £1.
I tend to put 1 sweetener in most of my flavoured teas (the fruity ones) but not citrus ones or peppermint or camomile.
Hope this helps xxx

Your dinner looks gorgeous. I am going to dig out my fakeaway book and give it a go :) x

It was truly gorgeous I hope you enjoy it hun xxx

Happy Friday

I got mine from Asda hun they've got loads at the moment all for £1.
I tend to put 1 sweetener in most of my flavoured teas (the fruity ones) but not citrus ones or peppermint or camomile.
Hope this helps xxx

Awh Brill Thanks! :) Yeah I've got to go ASDA tonight anyways they have a deal on quorn sausages, rosemary and onion and the original light ones. £1 for 6 pack i think! Going to give them a try! :) Nice healthy full english for me tomorrow morning and hopefully a nice green tea to go with. Ill have a look at sweeterns I can't bare the aftertaste on some of them :(

xx

Urgh this is how I feel today after my jog yesterday lol! My legs, bum & waist is killing me lol but surely that's a good thing as it means I've worked those muscles in there somewhere lol.

image-2696575090.jpg

Hell To The Yeah! If it hurts means it works! Go you.... I done lots of sleeping on Sunday :)
Got silver spoon sweeterns they are defo the better tasting one, But green tea and lime. Not so keen, I really want to get some Manuka Honey for health reason so might add a little bit of that to it each morning maybe! Im determined to get green tea in my system one way or another.
Hope your having a good Monday! :)
Stacey (2) xx

Hiya. Hope you dont mind another newbie joining your thread. Great meals and I like the fact that your honest about tge days where you might use a few more syns....my Saturday ended like that and Sunday wasnt much better. Hope you get some resolution with your health issues.
Fiona

Back