The slow train to a brand new me!! 5:2 ing all the way

Discussion in '5:2 Fasting' started by pudpud, 8 May 2014 Social URL.

1. pudpud

pudpud Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st11lb(-5.19%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Hello 5:2ers. I'm not new to dieting, i've done it for most of my life with varying degree's of success. My recent dabbling was with Cambridge diet, i lasted all of 2 days!! I was hungry, cranky and miserable.
    I have recently discovered 5:2 and finished to Michael Mosley book today. Today, as it was also my day off work i have stocked up on herbal tea's and a light ready meal for my first fast tomorrow.
    It all seems such a revelation to me. But i've read so many success stories and even though it seems the weight loss is slightly slower than a conventional diet, it seems more liveable and enjoyable.
    I am off to read some more of your diaries :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lexie2005

Lexie2005 5:2 lover

Start Weight:
    18st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    8st8.5lb(45.39%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    5:2
    Hi & welcome. I've been 5:2ing just over 7 weeks & have lost 15lbs & am now only 10lb from goal. I'd tried loads of diets too & had lost 7.5 stone cal counting but gained a stone back which just wouldn't go unless I only ate 1200 cals a day & exercised like mad which was just depressing me but 5:2 (& a couple of weeks 4:3) has shifted that stone again & I can't believe it! Good luck with your journey x

4. Dietninja

Dietninja Mostly plant based

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.81%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Green
    Good luck :)

5. pudpud

pudpud Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st11lb(-5.19%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Hi All, Well i've done three fast and am 4 pounds down, I can hardly believe it!! I did Friday, Sunday and Wednesday.
    I might have a fast day tomorrow and try and settle on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday fast. I think this might suit me better as it free's up my weekend.
    How is everyone else doing?

6. Lexie2005

Start Weight:
    18st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    8st8.5lb(45.39%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Well done that's great, I used to do Monday Wednesday Friday when I did 3 but knocked Friday off when I went to 5:2 x

7. pudpud

pudpud Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st11lb(-5.19%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Yes, i'm wondering if 3 fast days might be a bit too much but i have a lot to lose so was hoping to lose it a bit quicker. If i find it difficult i'll got back to 5:2 though

8. pudpud

pudpud Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st11lb(-5.19%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Do you feel better doing 5:2 as opposed to 4:3 Lexie? Was there much weight difference?

9. Lexie2005

Start Weight:
    18st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    8st8.5lb(45.39%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Much better although on my up days I only have around 1500 so I'm still averaging 1200 a day over the week so my losses stayed the same as when I did 3 fasts I did 1700 cal up days x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.