The slow train to a brand new me!! 5:2 ing all the way

pudpud

Hello 5:2ers. I'm not new to dieting, i've done it for most of my life with varying degree's of success. My recent dabbling was with Cambridge diet, i lasted all of 2 days!! I was hungry, cranky and miserable.
I have recently discovered 5:2 and finished to Michael Mosley book today. Today, as it was also my day off work i have stocked up on herbal tea's and a light ready meal for my first fast tomorrow.
It all seems such a revelation to me. But i've read so many success stories and even though it seems the weight loss is slightly slower than a conventional diet, it seems more liveable and enjoyable.
I am off to read some more of your diaries :)

Hi & welcome. I've been 5:2ing just over 7 weeks & have lost 15lbs & am now only 10lb from goal. I'd tried loads of diets too & had lost 7.5 stone cal counting but gained a stone back which just wouldn't go unless I only ate 1200 cals a day & exercised like mad which was just depressing me but 5:2 (& a couple of weeks 4:3) has shifted that stone again & I can't believe it! Good luck with your journey x

Hi All, Well i've done three fast and am 4 pounds down, I can hardly believe it!! I did Friday, Sunday and Wednesday.
I might have a fast day tomorrow and try and settle on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday fast. I think this might suit me better as it free's up my weekend.
How is everyone else doing?

Hi All, Well i've done three fast and am 4 pounds down, I can hardly believe it!! I did Friday, Sunday and Wednesday. I might have a fast day tomorrow and try and settle on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday fast. I think this might suit me better as it free's up my weekend. How is everyone else doing?

Well done that's great, I used to do Monday Wednesday Friday when I did 3 but knocked Friday off when I went to 5:2 x

Yes, i'm wondering if 3 fast days might be a bit too much but i have a lot to lose so was hoping to lose it a bit quicker. If i find it difficult i'll got back to 5:2 though

Do you feel better doing 5:2 as opposed to 4:3 Lexie? Was there much weight difference?

Much better although on my up days I only have around 1500 so I'm still averaging 1200 a day over the week so my losses stayed the same as when I did 3 fasts I did 1700 cal up days x

Back