The story of happyhealthy's expedition to maintain!

Hola minimins! I posted a huge big meaty post to my diary yesterday, only for me to hit the submit button to be met with "You are not logged into minimins" and after entering my login shizzle, I discovered that my post had been lost...forever!! Noooo! Le typical! I suspect it was God of Minimins trying to spare everyone my holiday stories and general rants about "Why does homemade ice cream need to be so tasty?".

I'll take that as a sign and just post about my holiday from the food perspective.

One the first day of the holiday, I got a little baby bit slightly panicked (see post above!). I was away with other people, and everyone else wanted to go to a cafe for lunch, then that night go for a restaurant meal - as most folk on holiday do! At first I was like "Arggh!" :character00182: but then I thought to myself that this wasn't a diet I was on, it was a lifestyle change. If I went to these nice restaurants and cafes under the pretence that I was 'on a diet' then I'd be sitting biting my nails with worry about the calorie contents of my food, then feeling guilty about what I'd just eaten and in general not enjoying my holiday! However, if I looked at this as a 'lifestyle change' then I would accept that on holiday food situations can't always be controlled as much as back home. After all getting slimmer can't rule your life - that bad boy's got to take a back seat sometimes! I'm not saying let it go out the window and eat like a piggy, it just needs to take different levels of priority depending on your situation. I wanted to enjoy my holiday so I decided that I would just make tasty, healthy choices and any 'damage' caused would be happily dealt with when I got back home, maybe through an extra gym session for a couple of weeks or similar. :character00116:

So I got back home yesterday and went on the scales. And I was delighted to see that I had lost 2lb! Wooooo -blows imaginary trumpet- :bliss:

:banana dancer:

So I'm now 116lb - only 4lb to go! :party0023:

Hope you're all having a lovely day. I'll hopefully catch up with you all over the next few days :grouphugg:

Enjoy it, remember to take lots of photos! See you when you get back!

Shrimpy - you're a star! You might want to post your address so I can sent you a medal for reading my (very rambling) diary :D Hope you're smashing! :D

Wow well done! That is really amazing to have lost that when on holiday! Go you!

Wow well done! That is really amazing to have lost that when on holiday! Go you!

Thank you :D I'm really close to goal so I've been losing at a really slow pace - not even a pound a week for the last few weeks! And that's with me going to the gym and eating correctly. Then as soon as I go on holiday, cut myself some slack in the food department and can't go to the gym, I lose 2lb! It must be something to do with water retention due to the gym, but certainly something to look into!

Love your diary. Very impressed that you managed to loose on your holiday. Very inspirational :)

After the malarkey that can only be described as 'old mother hubbardness' of the last few days before I went on holiday were I ate all the odds and ends in the fridge and cupboards to get them eaten, y'all be glad to know that I'm not back to eating like a (semi) normal person! Woo!

Breakfast, 9:00am - 248 calories
  • 28g Porridge Oats with 250ml full fat milk - 248 calories
  • 2 small apples - 87 calories
Total calories so far today: 248

Lunch, 1:00pm - 471 Calories
1/2 Broccili and Cheese Quiche - 471 calories
Leafy Salad
This seemed like a tasty option when I picked it up in Asda, but when I got home I realised that comparing the calorie/fat contents that I would of been better off eating a stuffed crust cheese pizza. It was only a small 7" quiche, yet eating the whole thing (very possible) would of came in at 942 calories :eek: compared with 870 calories for a 12" stuffed crust cheese pizza! I think in future I'll make my own quiche because I'm not prepared to be having about 6 mouthfuls for 471 calories!
Total calories so far today: 519

Afternoon Snack, 3:00pm - 247 Calories
  • 2 apple and grape bags - 87 calories
  • Cheesy garlic mushrooms on nimble bread - 260 calories
Total calories so far today: 779

Shall update later!

Squeezyweezy and Sazbirl
Thank you for your kind words :D I've said a few times now that I was happy to give myself some slack were food was concerned on my holiday so I'm delighted myself :D I wouldn't of minded maybe gaining a little (after all, everyone's allowed to gain a pound during their birthday, christmas and holiday!) but to lose 2lb when I've been very slow on my loses lately is magic! Maybe I should just move abroad permanently until I reach goal, now wouldn't that be nice :D

Just came home to realise that dearest mama is working late tonight and won't be home in time for me to borrow the car to head to the gym (and I live in the country, so I can't walk unless I wan't to be run over on the narrowest streets known to man). So I'll officially be dinnering it like a pauper tonight as I won't have any exercise calories to munch back *sobs* Anyway, I'll look on the brightside, at least I didn't eat all my exercise calories THEN discover that I wouldn't be going to the gym.

I'm also slightly miffed - that means I haven't been to the gym in two weeks and I'm really, really missing it!

I've got 421 calories left to make up a NET of 1200, so I think I'll make some chicken breast extravaganza.

Dinner, 6:30pm - 425 calories
  • 2 Chicken Breasts in homemade piri piri marinade - 325 calories
  • 2 Birds Eye steam vegetable bags - 100 calories
Total calories for today: 1198

Lesson of the day:
  • Actually make sure that you'll be going to the gym before pre-planning to eat exercise calories!
  • Don't buy that particular quiche again, too many calories for so little! Instead buy a lower calorie alternative or make own

Hope you've all had a lovely day!

Stick the stereo on really loud and dance round the living room like a Diva. That'll burn some calories.:banana dancer:

xxxx

Glad you had a nice holiday and well done for the loss :D

I eyed that quiche up and it does look yummy! We had the cheese and tomato one from Asda last week, that was 425 for 1/2 i think, not deep fill but bigger than the one you had. I thought it can't be nice for £1 but it really was!

you lost weight on holiday... 90% happy for you 10% hate your guts!!! lol!!! x

I've been staying away from quiches, but I have noticed I have been eyeing them up at the supermarket when we go past them recently lol! I'll probably end up looking for a lower cal one too eventually cos they are yummy!

Glad you had a nice holiday and well done for the loss :D

I eyed that quiche up and it does look yummy! We had the cheese and tomato one from Asda last week, that was 425 for 1/2 i think, not deep fill but bigger than the one you had. I thought it can't be nice for £1 but it really was!

Yes, that's the one! The broccoli and cheese deep filled asda one. It's soo tiny - especially when you half it. It was no bigger than four fingers wide. Are the 1 pound ones slightly bigger? Asda do low calorie crustless ones also, but they've all got onion and ham in them, which I don't eat! Boooo! The deli guy who I was chatting to said that they're releasing new quiches soon so I'm excited :D Haha check out me! Other 19 year olds are getting excited about new tickets getting released for Glastobury but I'm the oddball in the corner jumping up and down because asda are bringing out a new line of quiches haha :D

Last edited:
you lost weight on holiday... 90% happy for you 10% hate your guts!!! lol!!! x

*sticks out tongue" Nah nah nah nah nah nah I lost 2lb on holiday and had ice cream every day :massmoon:

hehehe only kidding! Honestly, the Lord of the weight loss must of been staying in the same hotel as me - I'm shocked!

I've been staying away from quiches, but I have noticed I have been eyeing them up at the supermarket when we go past them recently lol! I'll probably end up looking for a lower cal one too eventually cos they are yummy!

Marks do lovely low calorie ones. They've got smaller ones, but they're 400 calories for the whole quiche. It's definitely enough for your dinner, if not half it for two people and have a side with it. As soon as I eat this asda one I'm troopsing on down to marks to get one of their quiches!

Just thought I'd post up some pictures :D I posted these on another thread but thought ye ol' diary could benefit from a few groovy photos showing the (facial) weight loss so far!

The first picture is me six months ago to the day (and 63lb heavier) and the second picture is me 5 minutes ago!

Last edited:
What a difference! Well done :)

Wow glad you had a good time and a nice surprise at WI!!! tho it's very naughty of you to not sneak the weightloss lord back thru customs with you :)!
Can't help with the quiche debate. As i think its horrible!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you for all your lovely compliments :) I really mean it when I say they make my day :D

And yes lego! I should of hunted that lord of the weightless down and dragged him kicking and screaming back home with me!

Back