The story of happyhealthy's expedition to maintain!

happyhealthy said:
Thanks Fiona and squeezy. I think I seem so self indulgent though. I'm like "wooo look at me, my only problem is that I don't want to lose any more weight" while good people like yourseleves are still working towards goal- so I'm really sorry if it comes across that way.

When I was bigger I used to hate it when healthy weight people complained about their weight problems! Now I'm one of them lol!

It's definitely NOT self indulgence, you just have a different set of problems to us right now. With good luck and following winds hopefully we'll all have the same ones soon. Lol.

It's definitely NOT self indulgence, you just have a different set of problems to us right now. With good luck and following winds hopefully we'll all have the same ones soon. Lol.

Exactly!!! :D

Good luck, I'll be with you muddling through the crazy maze of maintenance too! We'll do it! I'm not going back to that old me 68lbs heavier! No WAAAAAAAAY José, and I'm not letting you either! ;)

Oooh naughty HH!!
Of course no ones gonna take offence about you posting!! Your at that stage where your weight loss problems are probably at their hardest. It's sometimes 'easy' to be losing

1) your still in a rigid routine with limited choices
2) your still going thru an active 'process' and frankly when you get to goal that kinda STOPS an your gonna be wondering what comes next!!
3) This is IT. rest of your life starts now. Not in 6 months or 6 weeks but actually really NOW. so all the energy an effort that's gone into losing all those pounds needs a new outlet!!!

You'll be fine!! But never feel like you can't have a lil stress/rant/moan just because your at goal!

Ps I don't know anything really but I've been pondering getting to goal a lot an I think it'll be as hard as doing that very first WI!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks guys - you are all awesome. And I really really mean that. I'd be lost without you all. I jreally would.
can now totally understand why people take their dieting too far, because it's easer to continue losing that to take the leap of faith and have trust in your body that it's not going to undo all the hard work just because you start eating 'normally' again.

Lego, you're completely right. I've never thought about it that way. This is the start of rest of my life. It is IT. The first time I've not been a chubster my whole life and I need to work that world and show it how I roll! Bring it on sisters! ;)

Good luck with getting your calories right for you and all the exercise that you're doing. I know you'll do it and hope there's no blip while you're adjusting. I'm so excited for you that you're at that stage after all your hard work:)

Anyone can lose weight, the hardest thing is keeping it off! This time 2 years ago I was almost where I am now, 2 and a half stone down, it lasted a few months. Then I tried again, lost a stone or so, didn't last. Losing is f'ing hard but it's not really the hard bit, it's keeping it off. It's sticking to those healthy choices and that healthy lifestyle and making changes for the rest of your life. Not going whoooo I'm here, I can do what I want again now. So like Tina said, now you've got a whole different set of challenges to us but they're just as valid as outs, just different. You've been on a long path to where you are now, don't ever feel ashamed about sharing the things you're facing now with us. We've been with you on that journey, all joining at different points along the way, but we're not bailing out now just because you hit your goal, it's not over yet and so we're still here and ready to support in any way we can!

Hi Lucy, don't worry, no one's going to take offence at you posting about maintaining! In a funny sort of way I get what you mean, I'm still a stone off my goal, but as I get closer I'm starting to feel more and more scared of switching to maintaining. For the past 18 months I've had clear goals to aim for with my diet, and once I make the final goal, this is gone, and suddenly I have nothing to aim for and I no longer get those small achievements that make me feel really good. Yep, maintaining scares the crap outta me.

Just to say, I have a new friend who WAYYYYY outrocks rowing boy (not man, boy :p) so you can keep him. Ok so I don't get to watch this new fitty row but he certainly is still nice to look at. Hmm... maybe that's an idea and I should offer to watch him take up rowing? Or watch him play football but recommen that his team moves to short shorts and no shirts! Yes I like this plan! haha I think I might be mental, I think the painkillers have sent me ever so slightly loopy!!

Yeah just pulled something in my neck/shoulder or slept funny or something

Anyone can lose weight, the hardest thing is keeping it off! This time 2 years ago I was almost where I am now, 2 and a half stone down, it lasted a few months. Then I tried again, lost a stone or so, didn't last. Losing is f'ing hard but it's not really the hard bit, it's keeping it off. It's sticking to those healthy choices and that healthy lifestyle and making changes for the rest of your life. Not going whoooo I'm here, I can do what I want again now. So like Tina said, now you've got a whole different set of challenges to us but they're just as valid as outs, just different. You've been on a long path to where you are now, don't ever feel ashamed about sharing the things you're facing now with us. We've been with you on that journey, all joining at different points along the way, but we're not bailing out now just because you hit your goal, it's not over yet and so we're still here and ready to support in any way we can!

Firstly, thank you so much for taking the time writing such a detailed reply. I don't mean to sound big headed, but I'm 100% up for the challenge of keeping the weight off. Before I had NO concept that about what was too much food and that's all changed now. Losing this weight has been like a lightbulb going off in my head. It's actually quite embarrasing, but I suppose it just all stemmed from childhood, after all does a 8 year old know about calories? No. Usually folk get the just that if you eat a huge huge bown of pasta every night ontop of a huge lunch then you aint gonna be no skinny mini around age 12/13 - sadly for me this only hit me at 18. I CAN do this. I'm a maths person, I can easily tally up numbers in my head - and enjoy doing so. I'm actually quite excited about maintenance!
My problem is that I'm so so so worried that my metabolism is so used to me eating 1200 calories, then when I slowly up my calories to the 1800 mark it's going to be like 'me no likely' and store the excess calories and make me gain weight - and I really don't want that as I've worked my ass off to get down to goal. It's well known that if you suddenly go from diet calories --> maintenance calories then you'll gain. You need to do it slowly, gently add calories like CD does (I think thy do a 810calorie plan for 2 weeks then you move up to a 1000 calories plan etc) how slowly or how fast I don't know - I need to find the right rate for me.

I probably sound silly but this is the last hurdle for me, and really don't want to fall down for something so trivial like upping calories too fast/slow. It's havign faith that you're not going to gain wait by eating more!

I know that if my body is too used to the 1200 limit and I start gaining weight, I can always go to a nutritionalist for advice. I know that I will be able to reajust. I know even if I gain 3lb in the first week of eating at maintenance level I'll be able to lose it again. I know this. I just need to bite the bullet and have a little trust that my body is gonna work the way everyone says it's going to. :p

Just to say, I have a new friend who WAYYYYY outrocks rowing boy (not man, boy :p) so you can keep him. Ok so I don't get to watch this new fitty row but he certainly is still nice to look at. Hmm... maybe that's an idea and I should offer to watch him take up rowing? Or watch him play football but recommen that his team moves to short shorts and no shirts! Yes I like this plan! haha I think I might be mental, I think the painkillers have sent me ever so slightly loopy!!

Awrite Caroline, poor top tossers only just took off his tosser uniform and you've got another man in the works!!! hahaha! Wooo I'm off to read you diary for the chat. Excited for the new 'friend' (for now :p) in yooo life!! :D :D

ps. rowing 'boy' is clearly MAN :D

Hi Lucy, don't worry, no one's going to take offence at you posting about maintaining! In a funny sort of way I get what you mean, I'm still a stone off my goal, but as I get closer I'm starting to feel more and more scared of switching to maintaining. For the past 18 months I've had clear goals to aim for with my diet, and once I make the final goal, this is gone, and suddenly I have nothing to aim for and I no longer get those small achievements that make me feel really good. Yep, maintaining scares the crap outta me.

That's another thing, I'm gonna miss the goals! Obviously I'll have a goal to stay within a weight range (I'm going to have a 3lb window that I can comfortably sit in, and if I go out of that window then I need to nip it in the bud take action). However, like now, I get up in the morning, go to the bathroom, and stand of the scales. There was that little moment when I was aiming to lose where I thought "Ohh I'm excited to see what I've lost this week" - and now that's gone!! It's like the scales are saying to me now "Hello there, this is 8 stone. You're not going to see another number on us for a very long time because you are now MAINTAINING"

I do however have other little goals - I'm going to aim to get toned. I don't mean big body builder toned but I'd enjoy a flat tummy and stronger muscles.. It would be a miracle if my tummy ever got completely flat, but I'll give it a good try anyway :) I'm going to work on my core and build up my strength and stamina too. And Woo a stone away from goal!! :bliss: I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!

Haha no he's definitely just friend with a little flirty but that's it!

I think it's only fair then Miss Caroline, if we get a piccy of your new TT. Lucy happily obliged and splashed her randy rower all over her diary, so it's only fair you should ;);)

That's another thing, I'm gonna miss the goals! Obviously I'll have a goal to stay within a weight range (I'm going to have a 3lb window that I can comfortably sit in, and if I go out of that window then I need to nip it in the bud take action). However, like now, I get up in the morning, go to the bathroom, and stand of the scales. There was that little moment when I was aiming to lose where I thought "Ohh I'm excited to see what I've lost this week" - and now that's gone!! It's like the scales are saying to me now "Hello there, this is 8 stone. You're not going to see another number on us for a very long time because you are now MAINTAINING"

I do however have other little goals - I'm going to aim to get toned. I don't mean big body builder toned but I'd enjoy a flat tummy and stronger muscles.. It would be a miracle if my tummy ever got completely flat, but I'll give it a good try anyway :) I'm going to work on my core and build up my strength and stamina too. And Woo a stone away from goal!! :bliss: I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!

I think it's really important that you still have goals to reach. You have done it for some time now and your body and mind are used to it.
The toning thing is a really fab idea. :D

I think it's only fair then Miss Caroline, if we get a piccy of your new TT. Lucy happily obliged and splashed her randy rower all over her diary, so it's only fair you should ;);)

Couldn't of said it better myself! :D GET HIM UP CAROLINE!! We need to see if he's good enough :D I'll whip up a picture of Mr. Happyhealthy so we can be scrutinized together lol !

Back