The story of happyhealthy's expedition to maintain!

LittleSis said:
What's his favourite book, film,song??? Worth a try if you haven't already :D

I've tried it all :( I even tried variations of..... buggerofftina last night lol.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

How dare your husband be so rude as to choose such a good password Tina! ha There's got to be a way to find out somehow!

How about.. I love my wife????

I know the feeling... BUT.... Maybe because you think not???? ;)

So where have I been? I've had a long weekend off work and I went out 4 nights in a row, so I've pretty much been going out at 7pm, coming home at 5am (or 9:45 like this morning :D), sleeping during the day, then getting ready to head back out for 7pm again so sadly I've had no time for the computer. Ok, it's not the most productive weekend, but you're only young once so I might as well enjoy it :D

27113610150258906819446.jpg

It's been awesome. I go out on nights out a lot, but even 4 nights out in a row took it's toll on me - I'm getting far too old for all this!! :D

I'm going to catch some zzzz's because I'm so tired, but I'll be on later to catch up with everyones' diaries and give you a meaty update on my own weight loss expidition! Be prepared :p

Hope everyone is well! Look forward to catching up :) xxx

Last edited:
Haha, sounds like a good few days! Glad you had a good time :D

You party animal you! ;) Can't wait for the essay update (at least 2500 words madam! ;) )

Have you given up on the ginger hunt?! I must be unloveable!!! *cries*

Have you given up on the ginger hunt?! I must be unloveable!!! *cries*

I reckon she found you some secret gingers while she was out and about. Thats what the update will about. Height, age, occupation etc. Then you get to choose!!! :D

I reckon she found you some secret gingers while she was out and about. Thats what the update will about. Height, age, occupation etc. Then you get to choose!!! :D

Hell to the yeah, I'm down with that! :p

Gingers found for Caroline

Name: David
Gingerness (on a scale of one to 10): 8

LOL only kidding, sadly my dears I wasn't talking to any people of great gingerness on my travels BUT I did meet two lovely blonde Norwegian guys who were Quicksilver surf wear models!!!!!! They came out with us two nights, before they had to go home but gawwwdddd they were better looking than any ginger. I was half tempted to steal one and send them down to you Caroline :)

I still haven't caught up with everyones diaries but I promise I'll do it tomorrow since I've literally spend the whole of today in my boudoir of sleepiness (also referred to as my bed) recovering.

Food wise, things have been going great. You know how I was getting my knickers in a twist last week about how I didn't want to up my calories too fast incase I excess gained weight, yet didn't want to do it too slow in fear of losing more weight? well this week I've lost 2lb - despite upping my calories. So I'm now 110lb.

There's two ways that I can look at this. On a positive note, it means that my metabolism is up for the challenge of increasing itself to a maintenance calories and isn't too set in it's 1200 dieting ways that it'll turn any increase as weight. However, on the other hand, I think 110lb is too skinny (it's 7 stone 12) so I really want to go back up to 8 stone. So plan of action this week is to go up my 250 calories, heading straight for the 1500 mark. That way I've got a 2lb bumper if things so pear shaped. I'll WI every morning just to keep and eye on things and nip them in the bud early :) Goodness, no one told you this maintaining business would be simple, did they?

Hope you're all well, catch up tomorrow for sure :)

Sounds like you've had a really fun weekend, even if you will be sleeping for the rest of the week;)

OK, so a loss wasn't what you wanted (wow, what a nice position to be in:D) but as you say it means that your metabolism is quickly adapting. Well done, what a nice feeling:)

Mmm surf models. I want.

Also, you're doing great :) It's so good how this has all taught you to understand your body better!

Gosh this maintenance thing sounds soooo complicated!!! You are doing a great job and certainly have it all under control.

Caroline - loving the photo, he is real cute :)

Is 1500 your maintenance level? It seems so low :( saying that i only seem to hit 1500 if ive been eating rubbish so three healthy meals a day shouldnt be hard. Wonder what mine is? My BMR was 1600ish on MFP? is that what I'd use as a starting point? Xx

PS check you out miss hardcore on the 4 night outs haha!! I'm waaaaay past those days!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Quicksilver surfwear models!!!!???? How on earth did you concerntrate on anything else????

Sounds like your weekend was FABULOUS, very envious that you managed 4 nights in a row, I struggle with 4 hours these days!! ( God I sound old!!!)

The maintaining sounds interesting. Like you said, if you up the calories to 1500 at least you have the 2lb loss to fall back on. You know what you are doing anyway hun. Keep us posted on the 1500 though.

Lot's of love :D

The surfers were hot but I had someone else with me that is just no comparrison - model or not! (aww how cute am I hehe :D)

My maintenance level is about 1600-1700, so I'm going to up the old calories next week and just keep a close eye on the scales. My BMR is just over 1200, so 1600 seems about right for day to day activities and obviously I'll take the gym into account too.

I might go all out and be a bit of a freak for a week and wear a heart rate monitor 24/7, then I'll see what my true maintenance level is (an idea for tomorrow, maybe?)

Also, just as a side note, because I've been eating at around 1200 for so long now, the idea of being able to eat 1600 seems crazy! It's like how do you eat all that food without resorting to high calorie junk?? I've noticed that if I make junk a part of my diet I don't feel as good. It's tru what the hippies say: nothing gives you more energy than eating cleanly. Of course I'll have the odd treat but for now I'm 100% loving the eating clean life. So I've found myself eating random tins of tins and sweetcorn just to make up cals :) I'll need to work on that. 3 course dinners for lunch and dinner maybe? lol!

Your weekend sounds fab!
You are doing a fantastic job maintaining well losing a few more but just slowly up it and you will begin to maintain, its quite complicated. When i lost weight before i think i did it gradually like 200 cals every few weeks and managed to maintain a few years before i became bad and ate rubbish! Just keep an eye on what you are eating and should be fine :)

Back