The story of happyhealthy's expedition to maintain!

LOL thanks for you're expertise ladies. I'd just like to point out that I don't *think* I'm socially awkward anymore. I've got a wonderful group of friends, a wonderful person that I'm seeing (all be it moving 70 miles away in a month!), a fun job and life couldn't be happier (minus exams) but the transition from going to having less confidence than a cable tie to being normal was a rocky road fo shoo!!

In other news, Mr. awesome (the guy I'm seeing) is coming home his holidays tomorrow! whoop whoop and double whoop. He's working a 12 hour shift (8am -8pm_on Tuesday, Wedensday, Thursday and Friday but I'd reallly like to see him. Any ideas? Please note that I live 17 miles away from him and am I member of the (un)great I-still-cant-drive team. (He can drive however) I was thinking of suggesting I come to meet him after work one day but the poor boy might be too insanely tired and I'll need to prop open his eyes with matchsticks :)

Food front is going well. My aunt came over today with a homemade quiche for me since my parents are on holiday and I'm home alone (oohh possible idea for above ^^). It was so nice of her and she'd went to so much effort so I had a quarter slice. Goodness only knows the cal value. I'm thinking 400 max? Or maybe I should just say 500 to be on the safe side? Gaaadd I need to stop stressing about these things. THIS IS A LIFESTYLE CHANGE LUCY, THINGS LIKE PEOPLE MAKING YOU FOOD IS GOING TO HAPPEN. YOU CAN'T BE PERFECT ALL THE TIME. word with self over :)

Here's me on Friday night, looking a bit worse for wear after drinking for the last 7 hours and dancing like a lunatic (I'd say for the past couple of hours, but I'd be lying since I've been dancing like a lunatic since birth)

image_112_1311411466.jpg

Haha dancing is the best :D Yeah, he'll probably be knackered with them shifts! Just ask him when he's up for meeting maybe? He's probably missing all the Lucy loving anyway :p

Haha dancing is the best :D Yeah, he'll probably be knackered with them shifts! Just ask him when he's up for meeting maybe? He's probably missing all the Lucy loving anyway :p

I'm sure he is missing all the Lucy loving :) This is what I mean, because I was a anti-boy freak for years I'm unsure of what's the 'right' thing to do in these situations. I've never really sated anyone, I've always managed to get myself into relationships, but non of this sex and the city style dating malarky ;) am learning and I will get there but I wouldn't say no to a bit of advice in the mean time LOL.

Just ask him!

I don't think there IS any set rules for that stuff? The best option is to always follow the three golden rules....
1) Just be be yourself
2)....... except for the neurotic bits
3) always shave your legs.

Happy hunting :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I don't think there IS any set rules for that stuff? The best option is to always follow the three golden rules....
1) Just be be yourself
2)....... except for the neurotic bits
3) always shave your legs.

Happy hunting :)

Thanks lego. Like I said I have had boyfriend before, all of them lasting over a year so I do know what to do once I've got them, but I'm new to this whole manhattan dating world and I'm pestering the living daylights out my friends about it so you guys are just going to have to put up with it :) be my fairy date mothers!

I think shaved legs, arms, and other 'vitals' is a sound piece of advice. Nothing worse than excusing yourself to go to the toilet at the last minute only to cut your legs to ribbions :) not the most seductive look !

Haha the last time I saw top tosser I purposefully didn't shave my legs so that even if I wanted to, he wouldn't see them haha

The joy of being married is the not having to shave your legs :) your good as long as it's not gorrilla style man legs length. Sadly they don't have to shave either. Bleurgh!!!

Those long and the over the knee socks are great for when you can't be arsed to shave your legs! Hello school girl! My bf loves them the perv!

The joy of being married is the not having to shave your legs :) your good as long as it's not gorrilla style man legs length. Sadly they don't have to shave either. Bleurgh!!!

Was just gonna say a similar thing. 10 years means not having to shave my legs and not having to worry when I dribble food all down my top!! :)

I say just chill out and ask him what he fancies doing. I'm sure he is just as excited to see you. :) You have got the house to yourself, so how about a nice meal and a DVD. (Yes, thats all I mean)
Enjoy the time you have together, its always fab when you have been apart for a while. I love catch up cuddles. :)

re: the quiche. Chill missy, it's one slice, and like you said, this is a lifestyle choice. That 1 piece of quiche will not make you pile the pounds back on. You are sensible 90% of the time, so don't beat yourself up about it. :)

Firstly, thanks for all these fantastic leg grooming tips!! Where would I be without you all? Eh? In a very hairy place I tell ya!

And I'm aware that I sound slightly socially unsound, but I just realllyy like this guy and don't want to mess it up! I'm sure I won't mess it up, but I'm just being a little panicky. Jeezo, I'm treating this guy like Brad Pitt and I'm the hyperventilating girl. But if you seen him you'd understand. He's a doctor! Ok well, not a doctor as such. He's a junior doctor. Ok ok a medical student but that's close enough right? NOT that money matters at all, but it just adds to the whole geek chic/helping people mantra that I love! Plus he's like amazingly awesomely nice on top of that! Gahhhh :D

Feel like I've eaten too much today. My tummy is full to the brim :) But I must eat all my calories even if I'm not hungry so I can get my metabolism adjusted to maintenance level. Mmm.. note to self: Lucy, in the morning, put the washing out for your mother!! Or else she'll be radge.

Night night all X

I say just chill out and ask him what he fancies doing. I'm sure he is just as excited to see you. :) You have got the house to yourself, so how about a nice meal and a DVD. (Yes, thats all I mean)
Enjoy the time you have together, its always fab when you have been apart for a while. I love catch up cuddles. :)

re: the quiche. Chill missy, it's one slice, and like you said, this is a lifestyle choice. That 1 piece of quiche will not make you pile the pounds back on. You are sensible 90% of the time, so don't beat yourself up about it. :)

Lol, thanks so much for your reply Squeezy. My parents get home at 2pm on Wednesday. I don't think they'd be too pleased to find a guy they'd never met before walking about the house if I invited him over Tuesday night... I could always set an alarm? Or say "Mum, this is the gas man? Yeah he isn't wearing any clothes because there was a gas leak and they got singed off" I think that would work? ;)

Yay! Mr. A is home today! I'm just gonna sit by the phone all night so totally not waiting for him to call. Ok, that's a lie. I'm going out rowing with James (rowing hottie) for a quick stint in the river. In the words of Michael Jackson, Cannnn you feeelll it cannn you feeeellll itttt cannn you feeellll it!
obviously nothing will happen as I'm semi-taken but it's ok to look right

What will happen if Mr. A phones while I'm staring at James doing his thang with the rowers? I might just possibly explode.

Hope you're all having a lovely day x

Helllppppp me! Even though I'm upping my calories to maintain, I'm still losing weight. I'm now 109lb! That's 7 stone 10 which is downright bloody scary. Is it just me who thinks this is a scary weight? In fairness I don't think I look gaunt or skinny. I posted a picture a few posts back of myself. What do you guys think? Do you think I should just keep upping my calories then maintain at 109ish or purposely get myself up 3lb to 8 stone again? Decisions, decisions!

If 8 stone feels comfortable for you, go for that. I'd up your calories a bit more if you're still losing weight until you plateau at 8 stone.

Back