The story of happyhealthy's expedition to maintain!

I don't think you look gaunt or skinny:D I was talking to a friend yesterday about diets, and it seems in Japan they have a very quick calculating method of what is a good weight. I'd never heard of it before but I think it seems to work quite well. There are two quick calculators.

For a healthy weight by Japanese standards, it's (your height in centimetres subtract 105)
For a good figure by Japanese standards, it's (your height in centimetres subtract 110)
I'm stressing this is by Japanese standards!!

However, interestingly in Japan/Hong Kong/Singapore the BMI chart for a normal healthy weight goes from 18.5 to 22.9 whereas in Britain it goes from 18.5 to 25... Of course this is a country that traditionally ate very little saturated fat until McDonalds/BurgerKing etc! Also in Britain we have the 5 a day campaign for fruits and vegetables, but in Japan there is a 3 a day campaign for calcium-rich food. Every country has its own issues for getting a healthy diet!

I think your plan to get your calories up to an average of 1800 (lower in the week/partying at the weekend) is a good one - I think your weight will naturally level off at what is right for you, but that might take a bit of time.

Last edited:
I think you look fantastic, but it's how you feel that counts :)

I don't think you look too skinny at all. I don't know what you should do, only you know your body. I know what I'd do tho! And that's continue what you're doing it's nice to have a few extra pounds to play with, and you're bound to fluctuate (spelling?!) I don't think it's realistic to be able to stay dead on 8 stone (or whatever goal weight you want to be) all your life, you're bound to go up and down by a few pounds now and again!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

So was out last night with Mr. Awesome. The poor boy had work the next morning at 7, so I trekked over to his area and we went for a meal. It's one of those restaurants where everyone walks about socializing and with a lively atmosphere. Oh wait Lucy, that's called a pub! I know that sounds really unclassy going to a date in a pub but we're students and there isn't many other appropriate places open at 8pm on a Wednesday night for a student budget where he lives. But I managed to have a awesome awesome night except at the end when I was kissing him goodbye who do I see about 5 feet away but my ex! (the one who is enemies with the guy now I'm seeing) Awkward! But I just thought "what would Samantha from Sex and the City do?" then I realised that thinking what would SAMANTHA do is probably a bad idea. So I stopped thinking what would Samantha do and thought "What would Lucy do?" and so I said hello, was polite but I could really see that Mr. Ex was hurting. He's still got himself in relationship status on Facebook as "in a relationship" which he hasn't changed to single yet since we broke up (and he definitely knows how to change it) He's also got lots and lots of CLOSE friends who he hasn't told we've broke up yet and I'm talking best friends here. Apparently when they ask how I am he just says "She's fine thanks" and changes the subject. And I also met one of his friends who said to me 'Oh you missed a good night on Saturday, shame you had to work!" Apparently he'd invited ex and I out but ex told him I couldn't come because I was working, instead of saying "Mate, she's not coming because we broke up". So as strange as it is, I did feel guilty and sad for my ex seeing us last night. But when I got home I noticed that he had finally taken down him relationship status. So when he seen me last night he must of went home and changed it. He also sent me a text asking me to tell him when I got home ok. Maybe seeing me with someone else was a bit of closure for him. I felt bad, guilt raked me to the core. He But I know I shouldn't feel guilty, he didn't treat me right at all and I deserve to be happy, right? I need to start being ok with putting my own feelings over others sometimes.

I'm upping my calories again today. Arrrgghh!! It's one of those things that I know I need to do but at the same time it's all so scary at the same time. I trust my body though that it will not put on copious amounts of weight!! (I know I wont but there's always that little voice of 'wont see it until I believe it voice in my head, I just need to tell her to sush sometimes :D )

I did plan on reading everyones diaries and giving my usual essay replies, but I've just realised I've got a friend coming at 11 so I'll need to do it later!

Hope you all have a lovely day! -hugs-

Oh, oops! That MUST have been awkward! But these things happen, and it's probably helped him too. Of course you're going to feel guilty, he was your boyfriend and you still care about his feelings. But yes, you really have to live for your happiness, so don't worry anymore about it!

Good luck with upping your calories from today - at least you've got some leeway. Are you going to keep them at this level for a while now? What's the level of calories now, and how much are you increasing by them by?

Hello I have just read some of your dairy from the start.. these so much to read, :) You have done amazingly well on your huge loss well done :)

But what i wanted to ask was how many calories did you start off on? I have booked up to start my personal training again next week, and need to make sure im eating enough as 45 mins training fight fit training is hard core lol... Im hoping to shift some more weight and would like to loose 2 lbs a week :)

Thank you

That must have been really awkward, but you handled it really well, well done!

Slightly jealous that you are able to lose, mu body likes this weight waaay too much so regardless of what I seem to do it likes here1 Or at least, it appears that way, though I am slightly scared for WI as i was away for so long with zero control.

Try upping the calories buy do it with healthy fats. See if that helps?

I don't read you diary for a while and all sorts have been going on!!!! Well that will teach me :)

Well the ex thing you handled well and as you say seeing you with someone else was probably the nudge he needed to except it's over.

Of cause now I have to make time to read all the bit's I've missed because ex wasn't an ex last time I read your diary!!!!
And who's Mr Awesome?? The rowing chap I'm guessing :eek:

lol i feel kinda giddy cos ive just finished reading your diary from the start after stumbling upon it earlier...youve done amazing, look super gorgeous and are a fabulous writer! your before and after photos are amazing...ill deffo look forward to reading more of your diary sweetie x x x x

You're definitely an inspiration! You've done so well! And it's great to see that you're a student because it makes me feel like it can be accomplished whilst living a student lifestyle. Despite the fact I've now graduated I'm still living like a student and probably will be for the next few months (until I'm either forced to get a full time job/bugger off out of the UK!)

I'm going out tomorrow so need to calculate a drink allowance! What do you normally drink? From what I see vodka & diet coke is the lowest cal, but I normally drink vodka, water & lime but apparently that's higher - gutted!

Hi hun,

I just wanted to say I've read through all of your diary, and also your other post with your before & afters, and just explaining how you did it etc etc and I have to say how inspiring and wonderful you are. You looked absolutely beautiful before, but STUNNING now and you seem to be really shining. I just wanted to say how your words have motivated me so much, and really kicked me up the bum - that, and seeing a really really horrible number on the scales this morning. :(

I just wanted to say thank you, and WELL DONE. Truly amazing.

Have a lovely day xxx

I've come back to catch up on your diary and you've not been here either! Hope you're ok

We were worried about both of you:)

Thought you might have been off with Ginger Tooty ;)

Nope, ginger totty has disappeared off the face of the planet!

I'll hound her on Facebook instead mwahahaha

Hope you're ok Lucy!

Back