The Things People Say?

i get stick all the time from my male and female friends. im not the fattest of my friends, not even close i would say, buts its the fact i went from very lean and skinny to being overweight. most dont think im fat, well people who meet me new that is, infact some people think im joking when i say im fat. but i have developed a roll in my belly and its not that, my weight isnt 'that' large people will say, but my body cant deal with it. because of how i used to be, its too much for me, i get tired when i walk, and this is quite bad, as some of my friends who are larger than me can walk for hours.

anyway back to the point, i get called all the worst names from my friends. fatty, tubby, big, massive and so many other ruder names. i dont really get offended by it, infact i laugh with them. but i dont understand why they would call me fat, and someone else who is larger than me, they wont call that person fat.

however, a few months ago i was at work, i work part time evenings. and a drunk girl came up, and she started chatting me up saying i have nice eyes and what not, and this continued on for about 15 minutes - she was drunk i should say before you guys actually think i have nice eyes. so she went on and on, then in the end she came close to me and said 'your a lil fat though'...lol!...

One time I'd had enough and just snapped 'So is MY boyfriend a chubby chaser? Cos I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm quite fat. Is that the secret of our relationship? My flab? Or might it be possible that he loves me for me? ARE YOU CALLING ME A FETISH?'.

OMG i laughed when i read this! That was inspired! Well done you for standing up to the bullying, and it is bullying. You deserve a medal for that.

Why do people have to be so mean? It makes me sad.

Another thing I hate is being referred to as 'big'. People think that just because they're not saying 'fat' that it's okay.

My mum and step-dad don't speak to step-dad's parents. They're horrible people. But step-dad's mum have always called my mum's side of the family 'big'. We aren't a skinny bunch but my mum certainly isn't fat.

One day, after we all stopped speaking to them step-dad's mum comes up to my aunt - who is aunt by marriage and has only been that for about a year - in the supermarket while she was looking at clothes and says.

'Oh no, that won't suit you, you're too big.'

I would've lamped her had I been there.

Grr.

I have been told to stop loosing weight because i look sick and skinny??? oh yes? i amstill over 12 stones!! or i have been told: you must surely eat loads to be that size?people are just mean.

Hate skinny ppl rubbing there fat stomachs claiming there fat I don't stand There rubbing my fat claiming I'm skinny do I.

Ive been called fat a numerous amount of times and what I always say is ( as I'm abut of a gob ***** )

Nooooo **** I'm fat? I never new not like I look in The mirror ever day
but hey can u diet to change your face?
No didn't think so love so your pretty much screwed :D

Sent from my X10i using MiniMins

I used to roll my eyes when you got slim people bemoaning their weight and how they had to lose like 5lbs... but when I lost weight I understood that 5lbs feels alot when youre smaller, so could understand why they felt the need to diet away those (measly to most of us) 5lbs.
It's all about perspective. I don't think the majority of slim people go about not worrying about what they eat, I think they are naturally mindful about when they are full and don't need anymore - they have something different built into them that i don't. x

Mmm doctors! Many are very supportive especially if they suffer with whatever ails you - but if they have never experienced it - from weight loss to childbirth - they can't see what all the fuss is about!

once a naturally thin woman told me, "have you ever noticed that naturally thin people like us are always very hated?" I somehow felt proud that she had included me in the "naturally thin" category, counting that I worked flipping hard to lose nearly 85 lbs... I didn't tell her that yes, I do agree that naturally slim people LIKE HER re normally very hated... LOL I felt sorry for her

I agree . But I have friends of all sizes Nd very few are happy with their size . Always looking to improve . But yes being included in the so called skinny club is funny when you know your still nit quite there . Lol . Makes m

For me, the three worst that I can remember are:
3. "You're not fat, you're just curvy." Or "voluptuous". Or "a real woman". Shut up. I'm fat. Deal with it - I have.

Gah. Stupid people.

A guy I used to date used to say that to me or that I "had curves in all the right places"...urgh! I have a mate who was a size 10 to start with who started on a scrict diet and excercise regime cause she thought she was fat, yet she tells me I'm not fat at all, even though we're the same height and I'm 4 sizes bigger than she was at her start weight :confused:

Strangely I have friends a lot larger than myself.... Yet I consider them fine and me not... I guess it's self criticism and of course you love friends for their everything not just their casing x

I know people just speak before thinking.... Was at the gym recently a so called friend tried to compliment me but followed it up with an insult and did not even realise..." wow you look fab dud not want to say before but oh my god your stomach was well sticking out" .... Great hey. Oh btw was only a 14 then ... Now a more toned slimmer version but still a 14 ...lol .... Never realised I was such a freak... Lol x

Mum tried to compliment me on my arms. Did she say "your arms are looking more toned?" - oh, no - not my mum!

The gem she came out with was "your arms are looking less flabby"

Cheers, Mum - just as well I love you!!

xx

Mum tried to compliment me on my arms. Did she say "your arms are looking more toned?" - oh, no - not my mum!

The gem she came out with was "your arms are looking less flabby"

Cheers, Mum - just as well I love you!!

xx

I already complimented a few friends with comments like this and they were true compliments. I have a few friends dieting and when I notice their losses I compliment them, I thought I was doing the right thing?!

Hun, I think your mum was really just trying to congratulate your for your achievements :)

The funniest one i ever got was from my mother around 2 years ago...

I'd just bought these skinny jeans (I have pretty thin legs, the problem starts after that) and a top that totally hid my belly. She said something like "if you meet a man tonight it will be like yo're deceiving him as you've hidden all the big bits and look so slim".

You can always trust the mum's to come out with the doozies!

Back