The Things People Say?

gina_b said:
before i lost any weight i used to get them comments from my dad, just little things like
"your face looks chubby"
"oooooh how big is your stomach?!"
"you'll get fatter if you eat that....."

frustrated me so much
he critised me for being lazy, eating junk and not working out.

now he thinks i do too much and eat too healthy.

i cant win!!

My mum and step dad always used to say thinks like that.

My step dad has just said to me i"you need to put some weight on" Grrrrr can't win x

At christmas she said "Look at your bottom! It's getting far too big, how will you ever lose that?!" Yeah, cheers. :D
Having said that, she was the woman who phoned me the day before my 30th b-day and said "Well, now you are almost 30 - I guess this is it, you'll never get married (again), just stay single" Yeah, cheers. Met my husband 10 months later

so... I would count 10 months from Christmas and know you're going to be at goal by then :)

My mum and step dad always used to say thinks like that.

My step dad has just said to me i"you need to put some weight on" Grrrrr can't win x

yes my mum and dad are the same. When I was fat my mum kept on saying "look at your big arms, at your fat bum" at this, at that... very hurtful comments! As soon as I was near to goal she started saying that I had lost too much weight and that I looked like a skeleton, and again, "look at those tiny arms" "look at that miserable tiny bum" and the likes... never happy :D

OlliesDolly said:
Ok so this is kinda off topic. But as my lovely fella passed me as I typed on this and he said "your on the Facebook for fat people thing"! You could either laugh or be offended by that. I'll hold my tongue.

Pmsl.... When people ask i say support group. Sounds cool like im a rock n roll legend Haha x

Ha ha - Facebook for Fat people - I love it!

My Mum:

'If you eat that you'll be as fat as a pig'

Yeah, cheers Mum, that attitude really helped me form a healthy relationship with food during my teenage years!

Sounds EXACTLY like my nan!! When I'm overweight 'have you put on more weight? You look even bigger than last time I saw you' and when I lose weight 'where's your bust gone? You look flat chested' lol bless her

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

A couple of years ago, I used to buy clothes in a size 10 as motivation (I don't know, wishful thinking maybe? I was much smaller then, so a size 10 wasn't as far off as it is now)...not a whole wardrobe, just a few pieces here and there that I would pull out and look at from time to time, vowing that it would fit someday. :eek:

Anyway, my closest mate borrowed a skirt from me a couple of years back, and never returned it. When I asked, she said it's probably jumbled up somewhere in her humongous wardrobe. Fair enough.

Day before yesterday, she sent me a text saying that she'd found the skirt and asked if I still wanted it. I was having a really crap day as I'd gained a stupid amount of weight on a seemingly good week, so this news cheered me up a bit. I said yes.

She replied saying that she was NOT going to return it to me...she was going to give it away.

W....T......F....????

So, I said: "it's not yours to give away. Why would you even do that?" Her response?

"It's old and will never fit you (or me again)."

I was floored. She's normally a size 10/12, but she's pregnant right now with her second child. She's never had a weight problem, so I know that last part was probably an afterthought to lessen the blow. I explained to her how I use clothes like that for motivation.

She went on to tell me: "you probably don't remember how small the skirt really is", and that she now feels like burning the "stupid skirt" as she cannot see how a "silly skirt" could motivate me. After arguing over it for a while longer, she conceded that she'd return the skirt to me when "it fits".

This was all via text, but the last statement was definitely intended sarcasm.

The skirt is equivalent to a UK size 10. It is a one-of-a-kind designer piece I got from America, and it wasn't cheap.

So, in basic terms, my "friend" told me I'd "never" be a size 10, while giving away something that doesn't belong to her. I haven't spoken to her since then. It really upset me that someone I'd known for so long had absolutely no faith in me at all.

The weird part is she went on to say that she doesn't like that I always put myself down and am always concerned about what other people think....I do not even know what to say to that. I believe that she has in fact already given the skirt away....otherwise, why ask me if I still wanted it then refuse to send it back when I said yes?

Christiana said:
A couple of years ago, I used to buy clothes in a size 10 as motivation (I don't know, wishful thinking maybe? I was much smaller then, so a size 10 wasn't as far off as it is now)...not a whole wardrobe, just a few pieces here and there that I would pull out and look at from time to time, vowing that it would fit someday. :eek:

Anyway, my closest mate borrowed a skirt from me a couple of years back, and never returned it. When I asked, she said it's probably jumbled up somewhere in her humongous wardrobe. Fair enough.

Day before yesterday, she sent me a text saying that she'd found the skirt and asked if I still wanted it. I was having a really crap day as I'd gained a stupid amount of weight on a seemingly good week, so this news cheered me up a bit. I said yes.

She replied saying that she was NOT going to return it to me...she was going to give it away.

W....T......F....????

So, I said: "it's not yours to give away. Why would you even do that?" Her response?

"It's old and will never fit you (or me again)."

I was floored. She's normally a size 10/12, but she's pregnant right now with her second child. She's never had a weight problem, so I know that last part was probably an afterthought to lessen the blow. I explained to her how I use clothes like that for motivation.

She went on to tell me: "you probably don't remember how small the skirt really is", and that she now feels like burning the "stupid skirt" as she cannot see how a "silly skirt" could motivate me. After arguing over it for a while longer, she conceded that she'd return the skirt to me when "it fits".

This was all via text, but the last statement was definitely intended sarcasm.

The skirt is equivalent to a UK size 10. It is a one-of-a-kind designer piece I got from America, and it wasn't cheap.

So, in basic terms, my "friend" told me I'd "never" be a size 10, while giving away something that doesn't belong to her. I haven't spoken to her since then. It really upset me that someone I'd known for so long had absolutely no faith in me at all.

The weird part is she went on to say that she doesn't like that I always put myself down and am always concerned about what other people think....I do not even know what to say to that. I believe that she has in fact already given the skirt away....otherwise, why ask me if I still wanted it then refuse to send it back when I said yes?

What a total B***h x

Omg Hun! I don't even know what to say?! I wud be beyond fuming/upset! Some friend eh? I doubt she has any idea how hurtful this whole thing is to you!
I would INSIST she returned the skirt or gave me the money to buy a new one! It wasn't hers to give away END OF! whether it fits you or not is not the issue... It's not her property!

I hope you can sort it out coz I know it's hard when friends fall out. But remind her how out of order she has been.

Chin up hun :)

Thanks, it really is b****y behaviour right? I was second-guessing myself for a while, actually thinking, maybe I am being silly or unrealistic, but it really hurt!

I haven't spoken to her since, and to be honest, I was really shocked that she reacted this way. It's almost like I don't know her at all, and we've known each other over a decade! I've had people borrow things and not return them before (it's so annoying! Especially when they're of sentimental value) and she's the one person I truly did not expect to behave like this...to me of all people.

I have supported her through thick and thin, and consider her blood. I really thought she had my back with the weight loss, but I guess not. I don't think I can talk to her for a while because I am still fuming. But I've learnt my lesson....no more borrowing for me. :mad:

Christiana said:
Thanks, it really is b.itch.y behaviour right? I was second-guessing myself for a while, actually thinking, maybe I am being silly or unrealistic, but it really hurt!

I haven't spoken to her since, and to be honest, I was really shocked that she reacted this way. It's almost like I don't know her at all, and we've known each other over a decade! I've had people borrow things and not return them before (it's so annoying! Especially when they're of sentimental value) and she's the one person I truly did not expect to behave like this...to me of all people.

I don't think I can talk to her for a while because I am still fuming. But I've learnt my lesson....no more borrowing for me. :mad:

Totally..... But something I often expect of those jealous of my achievements .... X

Christiana one of my mates nicked my clothes too, so mad at her for it! only she asked to borrown one of my tops, and some jeans, thinking she'd return them i never saw her again, shed actually moved away and not told any of her friends.
that "friend" sounds like a bit of a cow! id go round to hers and demand the skirt back, its not hers to give away, she has no right to do that without your permission, and to tell you that youll never be a size 10, bloody rude! you get to that 10, and show her you can do it, dont let her negetive comments get you down, your stronger than that. who needs enemies when you have friends like that?

Back