the times they are a changin......

Well done Jen, really happy for you :) xx

10.7 and 3/4 this morning
i ve managed to add bread and pasta back in the mix just in more suitable quantities. Think I'm able to eat between 1200 and 1800 most days with weekend or day s out going to up if something planned.

Jxx

That's so incredible and just what I needed to hear today!

Well done you star - hope I can take some inspiration!

xx

just a quick drop by, 4months in the tens sitting at 10.9 today managing to keep between 10.7 and 10.10 so have hit goal and then up one happy bunny have managed to get back to non calorie counting just safe portion control, nights out too but able to get right back after any indulgences. feel like i have control back and loving it good luck to all it can be done jx

Fantastic :) massive well done, great to see it can be done, your a real inspiration x

im now at 5 and a bit months and still in the 10s, was on holiday a few weeks and did head into the 11s but have managed to reign it in and this morn sittin 10.11 and a half need to keep goin and hit 10.7. there are times i ve fallen off the wagon and i ve had a few spectactular binge days so still very much a work in progress but generally im doin ok. the board is very quiet but i hope all are doin well, it is so worth it and good luck to those who are in the early stages of their journey
jx

Heeey J girl!!!! I'm baaaack and looking for your special brand of motivation.... Oh my goodness, you're doing FANTASTICALLY well! Bravo on all of your determination and SUCCESS :thumbup::) I'm so thrilled for you hon xxx

6 month s in and due to eating with great abandon at a trip away may not be in the tens right now.still back on healthy living today and the safety of the 10s should be mine by next week
jx

I’ve decided to start keeping my diary again, it looks as if it ll just be me and my own musing but I find it good to keep a record.

So day 8 diet going well ketosis in full swing. Feeling really positive definitely need a break from food as pretty much out of control again for the 100th time:rolleyes: :). Back with my faithful consultant but she’s always been a great support. This time my consultant is keeping a record of my weight but I don’t know the results. I have a record of not losing much despite sticking to plan and I’m hoping that if I just tunnel through it will all average out. But continuing to stick to plan and not getting much reward on the scales was just too disheartening.

To all on the weight loss journey may your losses be good
Jx

As I sip my choc shake, day 10 got my days wrong yesterday :)I am feeling much better than normal on week 2. Occasionally getting tired but have found if I’m thinking about feeling hungry drinking a bit more water really helps. It’s so good to not be feeling hungry. It’s quite good that there are a few more choices to keep the food boredom at bay. Long may this continue
May the losses keep coming
Jx

Day 12, captains log....
The last few day I 've had full on ketosis fog. Wed crashed out at 7.30 ish and didn't get up til the alarm dragged me out of bed at 8.30. Spent most of yest a bit spacey but feeling alright this morning. Managed to stay on track. Think what didn't help on my crash day was I had about 2.5l of water but it wasn't enough as the weather is abnormal for Scottish summer. Up the water quite and feeling much more like it. Right another day to be sorting
Jx

Day 14
Woo hoo! I made it week2 last day today. The last time I did the diet didn't get this far as crashed and burned.
One of the most important thing I have learned this time is when your feeling tired/weird( if you 've ever done a vlcd you 'll know what I mean)/hungry. You may have a water problem. Drink a pint of water and you may feel a lot better.
I 've had 2 eggs and treated myself to a coffee with a splash of milk over the week and as it's Sunday I 've going to have the same again. I 've found I can take candrel sweeteners with out effecting ketosis. Keeping it to one or two a day. Most mornings I had a double espresso with a sweetener. I norm have a latte with a sugar so will try to add more of the espresso into future life. Was worried about not having my beloved coffee but luckily the substitution is working well
So fingers crossed for a successful week
Jx

1st day of week 3 all on plan so yay for me and feeling grand. Caught up with my counsellor today and although I don’t know the results my weight loss is going in the right direction. I can feel it in my clothes so that’s good. Recon about a st. Just going to power on and see how much of a dent into the extra jen that is lurking around I can make.
For the record the strawberry and apple bars new contender for fav, didn’t think the lemon bar would be toppled but there you go. They’re going on the list for next week.

Another day rocking through feeling great and managing to fit into a few outfit more outfits not looking quite as much like a badly made sausage. Have the ketosis zen going on enjoying the break from food and these diets don’t give you the choice of cheating it really works for me

Hi Jen, I just spent the last while reading through this entire thread back as far as 2013/14/15 - I’ve no doubt that you can get it your goal as you’ve done before! :)

I am on Day 3 SS 1B and very inspired by your previous results. I’ve about 3 stone to go to get into a healthy BMI and 4.5lb gone already woo! I started a thread but seems very quiet around here!

Best of luck today! Xx

Hi there, It’s really quiet must admit, well your off to a flying start which is great. Well done for getting through the diary. The forum can be a great support. You should find yourself going into ketosis now and that really helps when you don’t feel hungry. Can make you feel a bit yucky at times but it does pass. Is this the first time you’ve done a vlcd?

I ll need to look out for your thread wait til you get to 1st weigh in. I m seeing my counsellor tomorrow cruising along now
Have you found any fav products yet?

Jen x

Thanks Jen! It’s my first time trying a meal replacement VLCD but I’ve tried (and failed terribly) at restricting to 500-800 calories of ‘normal’ food... can only last a few days without a binge that puts it all back on. This is definitely easier to just not have to think about food with everything measured out for you! Early days for me though so don’t want to speak too soon but I’m feeling so motivated and confident that I can do it. But as you know yourself it’s maintaining it that’s the hardest part... hoping this retrains my body to needing smaller portions and resets my hunger cues!

Are you doing Step 1A mostly? I’ve only realised that Step 1B is the same calories and actually more carbs than Step 2 with 3 products + a 200kcal low carb meal. I was hoping to stick to 1A but if I’m losing this much at 1B then there’s no point reducing for now anyway. Maybe if I hit a plateau later on!

Oh I honestly love everything, I’m very easily pleased it seems!!! I have a big sweet tooth naturally so it’s suited to me. I’ve been having original porridge for breakfast which I love, I am going to try some apple and cinnamon when I meet my consultant on Thurs. For shakes I’m loving choc mint, cappuccino, banana and strawberry... still a few that I haven’t tried. But my fave product overall is the strawberry and cherry smoothie which surprised me! Have you tried it?!

I’ve seen above that you recommended the fruity bars - I must try them! I only went for the chocolate, toffee and mint ones because usually I don’t really like fruit bars so I was hesitant to try them. Are they nicer than the more chocolatey ones? Any other products that you’d recommend? X

I must admit I love the lemon and strawberry n apple bars for me they are much better. I think I had the choc one and thought it tasted meaty? It’s really does depend on your taste, the peanut one is worth a try and I noticed a choc one with strawberry, haven’t tried it but though I’d give it a whirl this week. I m very sweet toothed too but not a big fan of the shakes, mint choc was my fav. I would not advise trying the butterscotch one if they still make it. I love the spag bol and have had the Thai green curry which tastes pretty good but the rices have a more soft texture. On the porridge front the plain rates the highest, I enjoy a apple and cinnamon but found the maple and pecan had the weirdest aftertaste. I have tries the smoothies and quite enjoyed them.
It’ll really help that you like a wide variety of products as boredom can become an issue.
I am doing the 1a step at the moment, have felt really good so far and as long as that continues I’m hoping to stick at it for another 4/5 weeks. It’s very much play it by ear this time. I seemed to be dogged by problems last time and had put me off but this time it’s all going well so fingers crossed it continues.

I know what you mean about being easier to stick to with this diet. I ve found it easy enough to stick to one ketosis kicks in and the hungry is held at bay. If you do find yourself feeling hungry try upping the water, amazing how a glass of water stop you feeling off.
Jx

Ok I’ll definitely give them a try on Thurs - I do love a good lemon cake lol. :p Ya I can see what you mean about the chocolate one, I left mine in the freezer for an hour so I felt it lasted ages but there is a small strange aftertaste! It was just nice to chew something after only porridge and shakes all day. I’m going to try the choc mint bar today so looking forward to that!

Yep delighted that I like the products and butterscotch doesn’t sound too appealing to me... I’ll stay clear of it haha! Must be very hard to follow for people if they truly hate the meals so I’m feeling lucky. I am in Ireland and my consultant doesn’t have the savory meals but I don’t think they’d be my thing anyway. She did say she can order anything I want from the UK website but for now I’ll wait until I start getting sick of the shakes and porridge.

I’m worried that 4 products might be too much to get me into ketosis... what do you think? It’s around 80g carbs which seems a bit high. I am losing weight quickly though (6lb now in 3 days) so it’s obviously working but I do want to be in ketosis for the lack of hunger and cravings. I might buy the sticks to check!

Also can you tell me how I add my weight stats to under my name? I have written them in my signature but it doesn’t seem to be coming up?

How’s doing going for you? Xx

I’m def not comparing it to a lemon drizzle cake, I’m in ketosis zen not completely diet delusional ;)o_O but I’d give it a try and if you like it absolutely try the strawberry and apple one doesn’t sound that good but it’s working for me. They have a yogurt coating, hope you like the mint choc one.

Good call, while your happy with the shakes keep trucking and if you do fancy a change try it later.

You need to go into your profile to edit the stats can’t remember just now but once I ve posted this I ll have a look and report back.
Ketosis is a funny thing if you were on a diet such as the atkins it would be (I think ) but when combined with the low calorie it’s normally fine but of course there are some people who find it to much. the sticks are not meant to be totally reliable. My advice if you do want them is use the first morning sample. I wouldn’t worry to much as your body will tell you if your in ketosis bird cage mouth in morning and hunger no where to be seen. I would say you ve nothing to worry about but couldn’t guarantee it. Check with your consultant, you are also able to email Cambridge themselves, they were really helpful when I did.
I had my weigh in ( no results) but I seem to be going in the right direction. feeling good although really tired today. So early night calls.

Back