The Vanishing Fiddler

Fantastic well done. Here to subscribe :)

Sorry I have been awol. Was ill all weekend with a virus and slept almost the whole time other than having to get up to perform at a show.

Since then it has been a manic week of work, rehearsals, music workshops and sessions and gigs. Have one this afternoon and a wedding to play at tomorrow, then another session on saturday, then things quieten down for a few weeks before it all starts again! Looking forward to a bit of a rest.

However I have been 100% during it all. But I am stuck at 10.10! Am sure things will get moving soon again but I want it to hurry up!!! Used the ketostix first thing yest morn and they were dark purple! So cant do any more than im doing. Just have to be patient and the scales will move.

Am now officially a size 12 in jeans and I bought a new top yesterday and had to buy a size 12 again! Im bigger on the top, so was amazed! Look so much better. Bought a pair of size 12 white and black stripey jeans which look great! So nice to be able to try clothes on and not feel horrified and depressed at how they look in the changing room.

Need to increase exercise. Will be able to do that from next week when life is a bit calmer. That should speed things up a little.

Halfway through week 4. Cant believe I have got this far and still going strong!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Oh no sorry to hear you were ill. You are definitely right about the don't burn yourself out bit lol I can sooo empathise with that!

And yay for the new clothes! Had a similar changing room experience earlier this week myself and am loving the size 12s! I am also bigger on top and bought a sie 12 top that has no give and a zip up the side and it actually fitted me! Went to a meeting about recommissioning services yesterday wearing my new top and its amazing how much more confidence it gives me to be that bit slimmer (/ less fat!)

I am also so so pleased with myself; well done us! I wasn't sure I'd make it this far and must admit it wasn't with the greatest confidence that I set my goal so far away- I am only now this week starting to believe I will reach it!

Hiya, sorry you've been poorly. Hope you're feeling much better now.

Hang on in there, the scales have to go down! You're doing fab xx

Thanks both! Feeling right as rain now, thanks. Scales this morning are 10.9 1/4 yaay! This seems to be the pattern for me - I lose 2 or 3 lbs within a few days at the beginning of the week, then nothing for the rest of the week. That's fine - doesn't matter how it goes, just that it does! But I do tend to get a bit tetchy by the end of the week when I've had 5 days of no change. Have you noticed?

Have lost a fair bit in cms too. All very encouraging.

Was gigging at a wedding last night. Was a lovely wedding. I'd composed a waltz for the couple and me and the band played it for them while they danced. I'd printed it out and had it framed and we presented it to them as a wedding present. They were delighted with it. Bit of excitement was my E string snapping in the second set and flying across the stage! Just as well I had a spare. Anyway, since it was a wedding, the wedding cake was passed around the band. I felt rude not taking a bit so I did. Then when no-one was looking I gave it to my sister. So another 100% day.

Today, the girls have music lessons so will be driving them back and forth all morning. Then taking them to the old town jail which is free to visit today (it's a tourist attraction btw.. I'm not having them locked up!). That will be fun. Tonight is another pub music session so will be another late one. Don't usually have sessions on a Saturday, but it is the pub's 280th year anniversary so we have been asked to go along and play.

Been asked to tutor at a workshop in two weeks so need to prepare something for that. Also got to write a score for a tune we were taught at last week's workshop for sending to the workshop group.

Aargh! Why can't there be more hours in the day???! Don't burn yourself out did you say Helen??? Don't know about burning out. I may spontaneously combust though.

Have a lovely day everyone. Be good!

Well done on passing up the cake! Your life sounds so interesting you must be really talented! Always wished i could have been musical i think i am the only person in history to have failed grade 1 piano when i was about ten lol! I later tried the flute and the teacher eventually suggested i didnt bother! Hehe. Wasnt ever to be for me!

Hope u have a lovely day and evening it sounds fab. You really are doing amazing i have been frustrated even past few days staying the same and thats after cheating!! ;-)

Ah but I bet you have loads of other talents. I come from a really musical and artistic family, both on my mums and dads sides. Its a bit inbred I guess.

Unfortunately when it comes to serious stuff like maths and science, I have no talent whatsoever.... I guess we cant have it all.

Im finding exante incredibly easy to stick to. I think it is the simplicity of it. I could never stick to diets before when it meant cooking for the family then making something different for me. This had just suited me down to the ground. Was telling my sister about it yesterday. She says she couldn't do it. But I wasnt sure I could stick to it until I tried it. Wish she would give it a go. She has a lot more to lose than me.

Lovely day here. Off to do some work in the garden then a bit of practice before tonight.

Gah I sinned!!! Was having a fab time last night at the session. And someone bought me a vodka and diet coke (my usual tipple). And that led to someone else buying me one. ~And another, and another. All night until 1am.

Strangely I feel fine today - no side effects at all. And the scales this morning were showing 10.7. What a lovely sight. But that was purely because I was so dehydrated. Goodness knows what the actual damage will be. Probably no weight loss this week at all. What a numpty.

I really shouldn't drink. I ended up going round all the musicians in the pub, hugging and kissing each one and telling them I loved them. Then I almost broke my ankle trying to stagger back to the car... (someone else was driving btw!)

Have been having a lazy day. Have finished the music score that is going to Hong Kong. Chatted to the fiddler who taught it to us for ages on fb before he boards his plane back there. What a life he has. 6 months of the year spent busking in Hong Kong, then the following 6 months spent travelling round Europe. Fab. Lovely chap. So talented. Looking forward to him coming back in 6 months.

Why am I on here rambling about stuff other than my diet?

Anyway, I tried on the skirt that I attempted to wear 4 weeks ago and found the zip would only go halfway up. Well it is now hanging off me. Can swing it right round it's so loose! What a lovely feeling.

Better go and do housework type things I guess...

Good afternoon.

I do believe that vodka is the favoured drink on low carb diets, so the damage might not be as bad as you anticipate! Fingers crossed for you.

Fab news about the skirt! xx

Ha you make me laugh 'housework type things...'- I know exactly the feeling! Well you had a night off and feel ok- so well done lol, the damage will be minimal if any and we are only human (I was beginnning to wonder about you as you have literally seemed so focussed all the way!)

Glad you had a good night. You are doing amazing. Can't wait to be able to say I am 10 and a half stone! (SOOO nearly into the 10s for me- still stuck on 11st1 last time I checked which was yesterday!)

Oh and my dh has filled the fridge with wine (contractors at work often give him boozy gifts). I usually would LOVE a glass or 4 over the weekend and although I have so far resisted- you tale of alcohol has nearly tipped me over the edge lol! (not quite though!- thinking of getting into the 10s!)

Enjoy the rest of your chilled Sunday and don't do too many 'housework type things!' ;)

Hahahhaa!! Sorry, no more talk of alcohol! Just as well I dont live in your house. That fridge would be empty in no time!!

So am 10.8 today which is great. Happy with that! 2lbs to go and I will have lost a stone. Yippeee! Dh says this is the best diet I have been on. Why? Because Im losing it everywhere but my boobs!! :D

Optician this morning. Getting a lot of headaches when im working on the computer or sight reading music at the orchestra so think I might need specs for close work. Dd4 has an appointment too.

Then into the office. Dull day.

Have a fab Monday!

Hehe the wine is still all unopened in the fridge although i did come close last night! Hope opticians went well and u are having a good day :)

Optician visit cost me £178!! Needed specs and had to get varifocals for the orchestra. Gah!! Ah well, at least I might stop getting headaches now.

Well I sinned badly today. Missed breakfast as was rushing to the opticians. Then had to go straight into work after but had forgotten to take any packs. Had arranged to take our eldest daughter out for lunch and by the time we went I knew I had to eat something. So chose nandos. I had a qtr chicken with ratatouille and coleslaw. It was delish. And hopefully that wasn't too carb heavy.... So back to it tomorrow. Have to get this first stone away! !! :banghead:

Mmmm Nandos!!! My favourite! At least u didnt have chips. Could have been worse. I wouldnt imagine that has done too much damage. Especially if u are back on it tomorrow. I must admit that when u said u had a few vodkas at the weekend i thought if that was me id be eating dreadful things like toast or mcdonalds the next day and was impressed you got straight back on. So the determination remains after a slip! Definitely slows down after first few weeks doesnt it. I feel fat today lol and ive been 100%!

Ouch at opticians cost but at least it sounds like u have solved the problem.

Sorry for waffling on... Your diary not mine ! Hope tomorrow is a better day for you x

Good morning, sounds like you made good food choices.

Well done on the weight loss, you're doing great! Have a fab day xx

Thanks both. You keep me going :) Helen, waffle away! I love your comments on my diary :D

Right. Back in the zone. 10.8 still so thats good. Porridge for brekkie. Im going to be 100% today. I am determined! !

Unexpected day off work today. So have housework stuff to wade through. Then some fiddle practice. Taking girls to their dance classes later. Orchestra tonight then mad dash to music session after. Late finish then home. All good fun. Apart from the housework bit. I wish I was the type of person who can comfortably live in a mess. My own fault.

Have a great day everyone!

10.7 dead on today! :bliss:

So that's 3lb loss this week despite my mishaps. Most happy. And measured this morning. Have lost 11cm this week! Can't believe it! That's the most ever! Weird.

Am wearing a size 10 skirt that I haven't worn for years and years. It's still a bit tight but wearable. I will keep going until I can comfortably fasten it.

Another day off today. Not sure what to do with myself. Will go see my mum I think. It's a beautiful day here too. Music session tonight. I will NOT be drinking!

Off for porridge.

Good afternoon and a massive well done at being 10st 7lbs already. You really are doing amazing! xx

Back