The war against the moobs...a man on a diet

Congrats on the 3lb :)

Thanks Baroness! I see you have just started on your SW journey too, I hope it goes well for you, It's a bit of re-educating yourself food wise but so far I've been eating more than I ever did and still losing weight.

Managed to out do myself at the gym last night, 1 FULL HOUR running! :)
Has been a long time since I was able to do that so was very pleased, then did 20 mins cycle some weights and then off to my sports club for 2 hours.

No gym tonight as I'm off to London for a gig, pity as I'm enjoying the extra exercise at the moment (well, sorta) but I'll have to jump about like an idiot to burn a few cals instead I guess.

No doubt tomorrow morning I will be grumpy and tired due to lack of sleep, oh well, the weekends nearly here! :p

well done! really glad it's going so well, you deserve it, you've worked really hard! x

Who did you go see?

Im with you on the exercise, im enjoying it at the moment, not too sure how long that will last tho

Who did you go see?

Im with you on the exercise, im enjoying it at the moment, not too sure how long that will last tho

Went to watch a bad called "David Devant & His Spirit Wife" they came out around the Brit-pop era so it's kinda a nostalgia trip for me, they used to have an avant guard or art w*nk as the singer called it stage show, with props and stuff. Check them out online, sound very Bowie. I'm never sure if it will be their last ever show so I had to make the journey, got in at 1.30am, 3 and half hours sleep then up for work, joy!

Was gonna go gym this aftenoon but I'm running on empty so might just have a mooch round the shops then head home and chill. Need to do some cooking this weekend and get some SW stuff bagged up for next week.

Need to do some cooking this weekend and get some SW stuff bagged up for next week.

What kind of things do you cook for the week? I might start making a few at the weekend too. Great going with the exercise! You're kicking butt! :D

What kind of things do you cook for the week? I might start making a few at the weekend too. Great going with the exercise! You're kicking butt! :D

Well the good old SW chili con carne is great, you can make ahuge portion, bag it up, freeze it then take along to work with a potaoe to cook in the microwave, simple and easy to transport.

If your a fan of quorn sausages, then sausage casserole is easy, and goes well with a spud.

I'm still getting to grips with the idea of "cooking" for the week, as I am a really busy person, but I'm trying! If I come across anythign awesome, I'll post it up!

Exercise, yeah, I've always been pretty active but I have come to the conclusion though that unless my heart is racing and my tshirt is soaked, I'm really not gonna see the results I want! Something like Leonidas from 300 would be good, you know, more like a Greek Spartan than Greek Kebab shop owner. :)

Hey there! Have you noticed any reductions in the moobs yet?
I got a circular tattoo on my chect about 4 months ago - not really thinking that far ahead on that one. After 4 weeks on SW I can alreay notice it distrorting and it isn't really circular anymore. Find as I have lost weight my shoulders are sitting further back and are not so rounded!

Hey there! Have you noticed any reductions in the moobs yet?

yep, I'm now an a-cup as opposed to a b. ;)

Seriously though, chest does seem flatter, yeah. It's not like I was dealing with Über moobs to start off with but definately less bounce on the treadmill! I'm all for a bouncing chest on a beautiful girl as she runs barefoot across the sand on a beach at sunrise, but on a dude? nah!!!!

It's weigh in day today, I never feel that confident but perhaps that's a good thing, then it's a nice surprise (hopefully). I'm gonna hit the gym prior to going to for an extra helping hand, will do an hours run at least before heading off to class. I'm hoping for 2 pounds as that would put me into the next "stone" bracket and take me to my first half stone award (I want that sticker!!) but I guess anything that's not putting on is good.

Good luck to anybody else with a WI today!

Well it's weigh in day! *gulp*
Went to gym after work for a little extra help and did an hours solid run on the treadmill, still chuffed I can do that, then off to SW class (after a pretty boring bus ride home).

I was hoping to lose at least half a pound to take me to my first half stone, more would have been nice but as long as I got that then I would have been content, so got on the scales and...

BOOM! ANOTHER THREE POUNDS!! :D :D :D
Totally happy with that, I got that sticker for the half stone too! I'm now 13 something as opposed to 14 something and it feels rather good! Roll on 12 something. ;)

thank you Sassie!
I'm petty determined :)

Haven't been able to do as much gym this week, as really busy. Still on plan 100% though and will find time for some gym on Friday afternoon after work, then I can get three good workouts in before wi day.

Hope it's going well for you too!

Been a good weekend! My sports team won it's game and I've stuck to the plan no problem, SW is great when you are at home and have a full fridge, but it's made me realise just how awful motorway services are, pulling in at 11 o'clock at night, all I wanted was a baked spud and beans, simple, staple that everwhere should sell, but oh on, no spud, just awful oily looking concoctions in stainless steel vats..vile! I was going to have the chili and rice but after looking at how disgusting the chili was I had to make do with boiled rice! Very drab...luckily the M&S was open for fruit and cous-cous.

Gym tonight and then again tomorrow before WI as It seemed to help last week. Hope you all had a good weekend and didn't have any slip ups with your diets! ;)

ok, so last night was weigh in...went to the gym on Monday and last night before going, did lots of running...I felt this week I wouldn't lose as much as the last few weeks but was feeling pretty confident so...

I GAINED A POUND! WTF???? :confused:

Have been totally on plan...well ok, this is the only thing that was different to last few weeks

1)couldnt do gym on Wed/Thur/Fri of last week

and

2) ate about the equivilant of two bowls of breakfast cereal

really annoyed, well more confused than anything! I can't get my head round why I'd put on bustin my ass at the gym when a lot of other losers* at the club don't really do any physical activity..one woman even went out for 5 meals out and stayed the same! MEH!!!

I'm hoping this is just some sort of "hiccup" and it will even itself out next week..I'm away over the weekend so eating is gonna be difficult compared to being by the kitchen.

If anyone can shed any light then please do! :sigh:

*I mean they lose weight, not that they suck as people or anything. :)

Last edited:
ok, I've got over my anger now! ...almost...
Been on plan, but am now away for the weekend which is gonna prove difficult, hopefully there is a supermarket close by and I can just go buy the whole fruit aisle or something...as long as I don't have to live off baked beans...I worked out I've had them 6 times over the last four days....not fun ;)

Fingers crossed for a better result this week on Tuesday!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

ok, well last weeks result was rather perplexing, but on plan I stayed regardless...this weekend though I was away visitng a friend and staying in a bed & breakfast, a bed & FRIED breakfast...which did taste pretty good, I never have fried food but it was included in the cost so hey ho..

Also it was hard to get to the gym last week due to a few things so all in all I wasn't expecting a great result from the WI this week.

Went to the gym before I went as normal for that last minute purge...then off to weigh in....

I 'd have been happy to shift that pound I'd gained...

I'd have been estatic to have lost one...

I'd have been amazed to lose anything more than one...

I lost...

FIVE POUNDS!!!!

I really do have no idea how on earth that happened, especially with the fried food and a meal out as well. The only thing was was quite different this week in my food was I'd shifted from loads to protein (meat & quorn) to a lot more fibre & roughage (baked spuds & beans) for some reason I ended up having beans most days of the week in some form or another...well, I was inredibly impressed. This now takes me half a pound from my first stone, a pretty achievable goal for next weeks WI, so I look forward to claiming that sticker!

I couldn't stay for class which sucks cos I reckon I was in with a good chance of getting the coveted slimmer of the week fridge magnet. Oh well...

Hope you all had good results, keep at it and don't forget to change it up every now and then, it worked for me this week.

Been a busy old week, and the weekend was a busy one too! London on the Saturday all day (where my usual cast iron will power slipped a bit when presented with a box of treats at an event I was attending - so 4 oreos, 2 flapjack fingers and a pack on mini-maltesers later....I was working the event though, a sports thing, so must have burnt some of that off!) and then Sunday was a big event I was putting on myself in Birmingham so that kept me busy all day, ate at 6am and then didn't get chance for anything else till around 7pm that eve...not ideal but was too busy to stop.

Luckily I'd booked Monday off, so that was spent recovering on the sofa with tea and PS3, I did have to pop to town and went for a sneaky weigh (which said I was the same as last week) so I had to bust a move at the gym last night before WI if I wanted to see some results!

The 1 stone sticker was a tantalising 1/2 pound away as well, so I had to get it!!!!

This week I was pleased with a loss of 2.5 pounds, meaning I've now lost 16 pounds in 6 weeks..an average of three a week roughly. My weight is curently 13.5.5 so I just need to shift 6 pounds over the next two or three weeks to take me into that lovely 12 stone something bracket.

Very pleased with how everything is going! Not much else to say so here's a mini recipie tip!

Scan-Bran isn't exactly tasty, but...crumble it up, drop it into a toffee muller light and it sorta becomes a resaonable dessert, bit cheesecakey almost...give it a try!

Hope you're all doing well, stick at it!

Hey SkaterBoy, just been catchin up on your diary and wanted to say a massive Well Done so far! You're doing so well!

Thank you Sassie, I'm doing my best and enjoying it too..which I think is a rarity when it comes to any sort of diet! Hope it's all going well for you too! :)

Back