Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

The Wardrobe Paradox

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by KateR, 4 August 2011 Social URL.

1. KateR

KateR Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st12lb
    Current Weight:
    19st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    90 Day SSS Plan (Cycle 1)
    So whist being a little bored at work and keeping everything crossed that i will be going on a date with Mr Wonderful tomorrow night I started going through my wardrobe figuring out what to wear in my mind (i went through my wardrobe in real life at the weekend so that only clothes that i fit into were hanging up) and i noticed something,

I have clothes ranging from size 22 to size 14 in my wardrobe. All of which fit me well. I have things from the same shop in there too which may be different sizes but fit me equally well!

I was wondering what other people's wardrobes are like. Is this something that people who have never been as big as i was have found? Those of you who have done so wonderfully and reached goal, do you still find you fit into a million and one sizes too? Or have you shunned all the big sizes to Oxfam?

I'm just curious as at this rate if i get my date i will be wearing size 16 trousers, a size 22 top and a size 14 blazer....... :D

Kate x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Becksie

Becksie Banned

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(18.32%)
    Diet:
    Diet Chef
    I have clothes ranging from a size 10 - 16 which I wear regularly! I don't think I'll ever be one size in every shop!
    It's rubbish for ordering online as I still don't know what size I truly am!!

4. happypear

happypear Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(18.85%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting (formerly WW PP)
    I have all sorts... mainly because I don't care what size the label says, I try everything on. I have size 20 H&M work trousers that are the same size as size 16 New Look ones... I have medium tops from Urban Outfitters where a large is a size 14!! A Topshop size 16 is easily a 12/14 in M&S or Dorothy Perkins!! Gah!

5. Its always monday

Its always monday Member

Start Weight:
    18st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(17.94%)
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    I have clothes from size 10 to 24, I started at a size 10 obviously and then gained alot of weight and ended up size 24, now I am now working my way back down again and at the moment I am an 18

6. Taniau

Taniau Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've got stuff from size S to size 16 and it all fits. Just depends on the store and how long ago I bought it.

7. LittleSis

LittleSis Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st0.5lb(-0.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World!!
    I've got two tops from M&Co in a medium..One fits the other is a little tight!!!! Weird

8. Legomom

Legomom Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.4%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Lol I threw out everything bigger than a 14 just for the principal of the thing :) and I'm refusing to buy anything from the 5/6 stores that claim I'm a 16/18 haha. I'm actually a 12 in some shops and a 14 in the majority but I have had problems getting into a 16 in some places!!!

To be fair tho I've mostly been shopping at asda coz it's cheap an cheerful and I don't mind so much when it gets too big!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

9. Morrigan

Morrigan Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7lb(31.82%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I have dumped the majority of my size 16/18 stuff at the local charity shop on principle but have kept a few size 16 tops that still fit (though they looked better when I was bigger to be honest). Most of the bigger stuff is horribly stretched out of shape far beyond it's actual size. I am a size 10/12 in bottoms now but still sometimes a 14 on top so my wardrobe is all over the shop!

10. tarotwoman

tarotwoman Loves life

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming magazine club. Out of date now but this diet worked for me in the past.
    I went shopping last week and bought 3 dresses, a size 12, a size 10! and a size XL. All of them fit me as I am now yet I would say that I'm a size 14.

Tracey

11. blossums

blossums Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    16st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(7.45%)
    I currently buy size 20 for pretty much everything except tops that have no stretch in then I go for a 22, usually works for me

But it's def true that you can fit into allsorts of sizes depending where you shop :)

12. tarotwoman

tarotwoman Loves life

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming magazine club. Out of date now but this diet worked for me in the past.
    I find I've bought allsorts in sales that are the wrong sizing. Instead of looking for my own size I look at how big the clothes are and if I think they might fit, I try them on.

The stuff I bought last week is lovely but the dress that says 'size 10' would drown someone who was really that size. So I've got nice new clothes and because I haven't paid a fortune for them when I lose weight I won't mind if they end up too big for me.

Tracey

13. gina_b

gina_b Les Mills Fitness Freak

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    herbalife
    i have clothes ranging from a xsmall to large, size 4's to 10's....

all different shops.

14. kellyshines

kellyshines Banned

Hello I was a lot bigger in 2009 wore size 16-18 clothing now I'm in size 12 I 'no' longer have any old clothes all my clothes are 10-12 so heading back into my 10,s for sure. I refuse to buy any bigger than a 12!!

Good luck everyone x

15. small steps

small steps Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(14.43%)
    Diet:
    Diet Chef
    I have three sizes of clothes in my wardrobe - 10, 12 and 16.

I was a 16 and dropped to a 10/12 for a few years. Then I started gaining weight. I finally realised that I was not a 12 anymore, when nothing fitted - I went shopping, I realised that I really needed a 16/18.

Now I am losing weight, I have found I still have no size 14 clothes. My size 16 trousers are too big, the 12's are really tight, but I will keep wearing the 12's as hopefully they will fit better in a month or two.

I intend to give all my size 16's to charity. Lets hope I am not buying more in a few years time!

Kate has inspired me to clear out my wardrobe. It only contains 20% of clothes which fit. Half the clothes I will never wear, so I should donate them.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.