The Wardrobe Paradox

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by KateR, 4 August 2011 Social URL.

1. KateR

KateR Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st12lb
    Current Weight:
    19st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    90 Day SSS Plan (Cycle 1)
    So whist being a little bored at work and keeping everything crossed that i will be going on a date with Mr Wonderful tomorrow night I started going through my wardrobe figuring out what to wear in my mind (i went through my wardrobe in real life at the weekend so that only clothes that i fit into were hanging up) and i noticed something,

I have clothes ranging from size 22 to size 14 in my wardrobe. All of which fit me well. I have things from the same shop in there too which may be different sizes but fit me equally well!

I was wondering what other people's wardrobes are like. Is this something that people who have never been as big as i was have found? Those of you who have done so wonderfully and reached goal, do you still find you fit into a million and one sizes too? Or have you shunned all the big sizes to Oxfam?

I'm just curious as at this rate if i get my date i will be wearing size 16 trousers, a size 22 top and a size 14 blazer....... :D

Kate x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Becksie

Becksie Banned

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(18.32%)
    Diet:
    Diet Chef
    I have clothes ranging from a size 10 - 16 which I wear regularly! I don't think I'll ever be one size in every shop!
    It's rubbish for ordering online as I still don't know what size I truly am!!

4. happypear

happypear Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(18.85%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting (formerly WW PP)
    I have all sorts... mainly because I don't care what size the label says, I try everything on. I have size 20 H&M work trousers that are the same size as size 16 New Look ones... I have medium tops from Urban Outfitters where a large is a size 14!! A Topshop size 16 is easily a 12/14 in M&S or Dorothy Perkins!! Gah!

5. Its always monday

Its always monday Member

Start Weight:
    18st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(17.94%)
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    I have clothes from size 10 to 24, I started at a size 10 obviously and then gained alot of weight and ended up size 24, now I am now working my way back down again and at the moment I am an 18

6. Taniau

Taniau Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've got stuff from size S to size 16 and it all fits. Just depends on the store and how long ago I bought it.

7. LittleSis

LittleSis Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st0.5lb(-0.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World!!
    I've got two tops from M&Co in a medium..One fits the other is a little tight!!!! Weird

8. Legomom

Legomom Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.4%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Lol I threw out everything bigger than a 14 just for the principal of the thing :) and I'm refusing to buy anything from the 5/6 stores that claim I'm a 16/18 haha. I'm actually a 12 in some shops and a 14 in the majority but I have had problems getting into a 16 in some places!!!

To be fair tho I've mostly been shopping at asda coz it's cheap an cheerful and I don't mind so much when it gets too big!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

9. Morrigan

Morrigan Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7lb(31.82%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I have dumped the majority of my size 16/18 stuff at the local charity shop on principle but have kept a few size 16 tops that still fit (though they looked better when I was bigger to be honest). Most of the bigger stuff is horribly stretched out of shape far beyond it's actual size. I am a size 10/12 in bottoms now but still sometimes a 14 on top so my wardrobe is all over the shop!

10. tarotwoman

tarotwoman Loves life

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming magazine club. Out of date now but this diet worked for me in the past.
    I went shopping last week and bought 3 dresses, a size 12, a size 10! and a size XL. All of them fit me as I am now yet I would say that I'm a size 14.

Tracey

11. blossums

blossums Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    16st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(7.45%)
    I currently buy size 20 for pretty much everything except tops that have no stretch in then I go for a 22, usually works for me

But it's def true that you can fit into allsorts of sizes depending where you shop :)

12. tarotwoman

tarotwoman Loves life

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming magazine club. Out of date now but this diet worked for me in the past.
    I find I've bought allsorts in sales that are the wrong sizing. Instead of looking for my own size I look at how big the clothes are and if I think they might fit, I try them on.

The stuff I bought last week is lovely but the dress that says 'size 10' would drown someone who was really that size. So I've got nice new clothes and because I haven't paid a fortune for them when I lose weight I won't mind if they end up too big for me.

Tracey

13. gina_b

gina_b Les Mills Fitness Freak

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    herbalife
    i have clothes ranging from a xsmall to large, size 4's to 10's....

all different shops.

14. kellyshines

kellyshines Banned

Hello I was a lot bigger in 2009 wore size 16-18 clothing now I'm in size 12 I 'no' longer have any old clothes all my clothes are 10-12 so heading back into my 10,s for sure. I refuse to buy any bigger than a 12!!

Good luck everyone x

15. small steps

small steps Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(14.43%)
    Diet:
    Diet Chef
    I have three sizes of clothes in my wardrobe - 10, 12 and 16.

I was a 16 and dropped to a 10/12 for a few years. Then I started gaining weight. I finally realised that I was not a 12 anymore, when nothing fitted - I went shopping, I realised that I really needed a 16/18.

Now I am losing weight, I have found I still have no size 14 clothes. My size 16 trousers are too big, the 12's are really tight, but I will keep wearing the 12's as hopefully they will fit better in a month or two.

I intend to give all my size 16's to charity. Lets hope I am not buying more in a few years time!

Kate has inspired me to clear out my wardrobe. It only contains 20% of clothes which fit. Half the clothes I will never wear, so I should donate them.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.