The Wedding Dress Thread

OMG so totally obssessed with wedding dresses since i got married in september 2010 :D Love this thread!!

Here's mine:

Attachments

• MelPete-190.jpg
    MelPete-190.jpg
    508.8 KB · Views: 183
  • MelPete-297.jpg
    MelPete-297.jpg
    485.2 KB · Views: 165
  • MelPete-14.jpg
    MelPete-14.jpg
    517.7 KB · Views: 141
You all looked gorgeous by the way! Love how many original dresses there are sometimes wish i hadn't played it safe with mine but i still love it sooooo much.

Who watched Gypsy Weddings? I'm going to start practising the accent to see if they'll let me on.

Thinking about seeing if I can get one of those pineapple ones for my bridesmaids :D

I love that there are so many different styles and each one suits each person. Everyone looks beautiful in their dresses and there's not one the same, even similar. I've also got loads of inspiration from this for my bouquets so please keep posting pictures. :)

JezVonSavage said:
Who watched Gypsy Weddings? I'm going to start practising the accent to see if they'll let me on.

Thinking about seeing if I can get one of those pineapple ones for my bridesmaids :D

I did. I gotta get me a cat dress. Can you get me Thelma's number?

I'll pm you it! Mind you I only have Ppauline's coz i'm not important enough for Thelma!

JezVonSavage said:
I'll pm you it! Mind you I only have Ppauline's coz i'm not important enough for Thelma!

If I demand Thelma, does it cost £5k more? I am so jealous you've got that team. My friend Nic has too. I'm going to a thelma dress wedding!

I don't know tbh, I think Thelma deals with gypsies and celebs and Pauline does everyone else!! Although I discussed my dress with her initially, she's never there anymore so I got moved to P, clearly my dress is not exciting enough!

Or not expensive enough, as i'm not having any crystals on mine so it is considered "low end"!

I'd love to have the imagination to create a bespoke dress. I didn't know what I wanted, I never had the dream. I just knew what I didn't want and now I've found the one, it's everything I didn't dream of!

I love that there are so many different styles and each one suits each person. Everyone looks beautiful in their dresses and there's not one the same, even similar. I've also got loads of inspiration from this for my bouquets so please keep posting pictures. :)

This was my bouquet if it helps :) I'm not a flower person so was all down to my mum

Attachments

• MelPete-164.jpg
    MelPete-164.jpg
    487.3 KB · Views: 157
Tbh Hels i'm just a pain in the bum. I cannot STAND the thought of someone having the same dress as me, to the point where if a sales assistant described a dress as "popular" I wouldn't even look at it!!

melissajayne83 said:
This was my bouquet if it helps :) I'm not a flower person so was all down to my mum

Beautiful. Very delicate and feminine. Thanks for posting.

JezVonSavage said:
Tbh Hels i'm just a pain in the bum. I cannot STAND the thought of someone having the same dress as me, to the point where if a sales assistant described a dress as "popular" I wouldn't even look at it!!

I understand completely. I am petrified of seeing someone in the same dress as mine before me. Afterwards, no problem! Mine is a 2012 collection one and I'm so not the sort of person to be "on trend". I've never seen anyone in one like it though so hopefully, everyone else things it's horrible!

For those that were thinking about taxis have you considered executive car hire? Slightly more expensive than taxis but good quality cars, very clean and they have mercs, BMW's etc. we paid £80, that was for 3 trips and they put a ribbon on the front of the car for us too.

Here's some photos from our wedding, the first one you can only just see but that was lace on the side to match the lace jacket

And the second one shows the lovely flowers, they smelt gorgeous and I'd just been caught sniffing them.. Again!

Attachments

• image-3871888824.jpg
    image-3871888824.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 105
  • image-3546215854.jpg
    image-3546215854.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 107
HPSaucy said:
For those that were thinking about taxis have you considered executive car hire? Slightly more expensive than taxis but good quality cars, very clean and they have mercs, BMW's etc. we paid £80, that was for 3 trips and they put a ribbon on the front of the car for us too.

Here's some photos from our wedding, the first one you can only just see but that was lace on the side to match the lace jacket

And the second one shows the lovely flowers, they smelt gorgeous and I'd just been caught sniffing them.. Again!

Beautiful dress and flowers :)

I don't know tbh, I think Thelma deals with gypsies and celebs and Pauline does everyone else!! Although I discussed my dress with her initially, she's never there anymore so I got moved to P, clearly my dress is not exciting enough!

Or not expensive enough, as i'm not having any crystals on mine so it is considered "low end"!

I found them very very very rude! I went there with my 8 bridesmaids in tow because they were one of the only shops that stocked the bridesmaid dress i wanted for them and upon measuring my girls they had the cheek to tell them all they needed to lose weight (keep in mind my girls ranged from a size 6 to a size 16, 4 of them being what i would consider a lovely size 12!) and when i challenged them over it they said were only trying to save you money - i just said i dont need you to save me any money whats the big deal with getting the damn dress in a bigger size and then taking it in so it fits them after all your proffession is a dressmaker! We walked out and got our dresses elswhere.

this was before they had been on tv with gypsy weddings but i wouldnt give them horrible old cows my money - i'd rather give them a punch in the face!

They are definitely abrupt, lets not forget we are talking about ex jailbirds here! I've know Thelma for years, she made my communion dress and pretty much everyone in my family's, and I know she gets a lot of time wasters (even before the programme). So i'm not surprised she treated you like that, I think it's just her nature.

She doesn't stock ready made dresses anymore, clearly that side of the business didn't work out too well!

JezVonSavage said:
They are definitely abrupt, lets not forget we are talking about ex jailbirds here! I've know Thelma for years, she made my communion dress and pretty much everyone in my family's, and I know she gets a lot of time wasters (even before the programme). So i'm not surprised she treated you like that, I think it's just her nature.

She doesn't stock ready made dresses anymore, clearly that side of the business didn't work out too well!

Not surprised if she treats people the way she treated us. I used to live in opal court up the road. After my experience there im not surprised the shop was egged so often! Mind you didn't know it was mainly a gypsy dress shop till the show so that probably had something to do with that aswell.

I thought those dresses were for carnival queens not weddings as I had one made with American irredescent lace and silk when I was 11 I won miss carnival world in that one and I never moaned at my 10 net petticoats and hoop! They didn't make it though!

Last edited:
HPSaucy said:

You look lovely :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back