Things I learnt this week

Things I've learnt this week include:

1. Sportsdirect.com is a very addictive website - The OH and I have decided to take up tennis again......so we needed a few bits and pieces. (a few hahahahaha!)

2. There are sooo few public tennis courts around.

3. I can fit into Size 16 Asda jeans - this is a huge one - I only bought a pair as an incentive to fit into them in the future and with trepidation I put them on this morning. They fitted very comfortably!!!!!! The reason this is sooo amazing is that I don't remember ever wearing a size 16 before (EVER!!) !!!! WOO!

I would buy another pair but I'm a little strapped for cash now this month what with paying uni fees, car costs and the mammoth sports direct online shop!!

CONGRATULATIONS on the jeans! I know how big a deal it is, I don't believe I've ever fitted into 16 on the bottom before either. I'm a 16 on the top usually (sometimes an 18, sometimes a 14, sigh shops and their sizes) but an 18-20 on the bottom. I've only started wearing jeans in the last year -- when I was really big I stuck to skirts as I could never get jeans that were comfortable. Finally, last september, found some cheap jeans in Evans that fit my shape (big tummy, not as big elsewhere). I have size 20s, but they're loose. I wanted to get 18s, as when I tried them on in Sept they fit but were a tiny bit tight, but of course when I checked Evans website today as they have a 20 percent event, my jeans aren't being sold anymore. SIGH. Their jeans are £10 more expensive now and I don't know how they'll fit. Getting a size lower than you expect to fit you and finding they do is wonderful. Just shows how your shape has been changing.

Well done on the jeans Piglet - so exciting :)

Creeping Back in.......
I've been hanging around for a couple of days reading other people's posts, trying to get the nerve to post in my own thread....TBH it took a little time to find it.

I've not really been here since Feb 2011 - So quite a lot of lessons learnt in almost a year.

I'll update my stats over the next couple of days....but suffice it to say most of the good work done in 2010 has largely been unravelled - I'm back now though - so positive thoughts all round.

Hi piglet, good to see you back after so long. Hope everything ok and good luck:)
Xxx

Welcome back piglet! :)

Hey All! Thanks for the welcome back, it's good to be back and to feel back in control!

It's been quite a roller coaster 10 months -

Loads of stuff gone on in the last 10 months - including OH having a (minor) stroke / giving up smoking / compensating for not smoking by eating / putting on weight / smoking again to stop eating / eating to stop smoking / OH buying too many cakes instead of smoking / me baking to stop OH spending ridiculous amounts of money of cakes / both of us eating the homemade cakes! and so it went on and on - until both of us had finally given up smoking and between the two of us we have put on the weight of a small child!!

Sorry for the long post - but I felt I kind of needed to explain the absence and why after losing nigh on 50lbs in 2010 - a lot of it (but thankfully not all of it) has reappeared!

PHEW!!

Things are a bit better now - OH is A LOT better - so less stress around. We are both trying to lose our weight together and have been pretty good now for a couple of weeks.

Currently we're following a low GI plan - so I hope no one minds me posting in here - but it kinda feels like home!

Thanks again for the welcome home - I know the support is a great help and I appreciate it all!

Morning, good to hear OH is a lot better, and yes please continue to post here :)

Wow - indeed a rollercoaster! Good to hear OH better
Xx

Thanks all! I must admit it was all a bit dramatic!

We are both settling in to our new regime nicely! OH has already slipped back into the overweight category from obese already and is feeling quite enthused - which is good for him and good for me as it means he'll continue to be supportive.

Morning, that's good to hear love.

What a roller coaster! Well done for getting back and sounding so focused :)

Well done love, stick at it, you know it works :)

Morning

Back