Things I learnt this week

We are going to get on well, I can see :)

haha! This is the first January that we've had Sloe Gin in the house! It normally gets used up by early November! OH is doing his best to use it though!

Are you a mushroom expert too? It always scares me that I could kill myself with an omelette lol
I'm pretty careful about mushrooms. If I'm not sure about a species we give it a wide berth. Added to that there are some that are easy to recognise but don't go well with alcohol. I've never tried it but apparently some of the effects can be worse than an overdose of low carb chocolate! IYKWIM!!

I used to go mushrooming with my Mother when I was a kid, I wouldn't trust myself to know what was right and what not now though.

My ex's Thai bride is an expert at the wild mushroom thing. They have a freezer full of them, but I'm still not convinced she wont bung in a baddun to try and kill him off lol. I can't talk I once made a curry that I knew had bananas in when he couldn't tolerate him, muahhaaaa!
I've learnt that I do actually have an off switch for alcohol. Now if I could only configure it to kick in about 3 or 4 drinks earlier I'd be made!

Jeez Lisa!!! LOL off switch? i have one. its when i run out ;)

Things ive learnt this week:
Dont eat too much flaxmeal if you love your insides
Alcohol makes me hungrier

That's my problem as well, I don't have an off switch either. :(

I'd like to learn what makes people stall and how common a staller a particular food item is.

So I've come up with a plan!!!

A list (Oh boy I love a list!) Anyone want to Play??

If someone has a stall food add the item to the list below and add "one" to the total number next to the item.

If the item is on the list and you agree, with the stall food just add "one" to the total next to the item. If this is your first "add" - add one to the total number of people commenting so I can work out a percentage of the people that suffer a stall and calculate how prevalent the problem is.....

If nothing stalls you just add one to the total number of respondants!

Not very scientific - but it will act as a resource to see what stalls people and how common a staller a particular food type is! As a control I've added carbs to the list as I assume Carbs stall everyone which will give me another total of respondants!

Maybe a little bit geeky - but as I've stalled for three weeks now I'd like to get a handle on this!

LOL I'm obviously not a teacher so hope I've explained this well enough!

Here's the list to quote in your posts - when you rush to add in your stall foods!!

Things that stall:
Sugar Alcohol 1
Carbs(!) 1
Cream 0
Cheese 0

Total respondants =1

Things that stall:
Sugar Alcohol 1
Carbs(!) 1
Cream 0
Cheese 0
Diet Coke 1

Total respondants =2

Thanks Michael - It'll be interesting to see if we mirror the Atkins figure that Diet Coke (Aspartame) makes 25% of people stall or is it the citric acid! So many variables to consider!!

No probs! I drink Aspartame sweetened lemon juice from Tescos most days...not had too many problems with it in small amounts. I suppose its full of citrus tho as well so who know! :S

Well after I posted about this in that other thread I see you were one step ahead of me! This is a very good idea.

Things that stall:
Sugar Alcohol 5
Carbs(!) 5
Cream 1
Cheese 1
Diet Coke 2
Nuts 1
Sugarfree jelly 1
'low carb' bread 1

(I find sweetners stall m sometimes, and cream and cheese if I have too much, but haven't added those as it's just sometimes? And I'm okay with a little peanut butter but eating a handful of nuts regularly would stall me... AND sometimes things stall me at late stages that didn't at earlier ones.)

Things that stall:
Sugar Alcohol 5
Carbs(!) 5
Cream 2
Cheese 2
Diet Coke 2
Nuts 1
Sugarfree jelly 1
'low carb' bread 1
Not drinking enough water 1

Things that stall:
Sugar Alcohol 6
Carbs(!)7
Cream 2
Cheese 2
Diet Coke 3
Nuts 2
Sugarfree jelly 2
'low carb' bread 1
Not drinking enough water 2
Citric acid 1

Total respondants = 7

Even after a day this list is really interesting - especially the sugar alcohol - definitely a no no from now on....

Thanks to everyone that has put some input in so far
:)

Back