Things I learnt this week

Hello! I'm new around here, hope you don't mind me sticking me beak in, but this:

Loads of stuff gone on in the last 10 months - including OH having a (minor) stroke / giving up smoking / compensating for not smoking by eating / putting on weight / smoking again to stop eating / eating to stop smoking / OH buying too many cakes instead of smoking / me baking to stop OH spending ridiculous amounts of money of cakes / both of us eating the homemade cakes! and so it went on and on - until both of us had finally given up smoking and between the two of us we have put on the weight of a small child!!

Made me laugh out loud. What a year for you!

It also made me worry- my (naturally stick thin) OH is trying to quit smoking at the moment, and his chocolate intake has tripled. Uh-oh! :( ;)

Hello! I'm new around here, hope you don't mind me sticking me beak in, but this:

Made me laugh out loud. What a year for you!

It also made me worry- my (naturally stick thin) OH is trying to quit smoking at the moment, and his chocolate intake has tripled. Uh-oh! :( ;)

Ha ha - well i wouldn't worry - it's not the same situation at all! - I've never been stick thin!

Evening pigletville. Well done on your week- onwards and downwards:D
Xxxx

Morning love, good for you, you must be losing a good few pounds then PV

Today I learned that you can't put protein powder in your coffee. Unless you like your coffee with tasteless sludge in it. I don't, personally. Yeurgh.

I hope everyone had an excellent Christmas - I whizzed off to Portugal for the Christmas period - hence the lack of posts!

Not too much damage done - but both OH and I are decided to go back properly to Atkins. Low GI was fine for maintaining a steady weight but no good for weight loss!

So today is day three of induction - off to ASDA tomorrow to fully stock up the cupboards so no excuse for slip ups!

I'm really quite excited!

Morning, so how was Portugal then love?

I have learnt that my will power is still as weak as it ever was. As from this morning I am back on low carb, I will try my damnedest to stay on it.

Go for it! I was at the gym today feeling saintly and back on track after pigging out on chocolates on Boxing Day. It's been a weird week all round in fact. Several days of perfectly fine breakfast, lunch and dinner, followed by huge chocolate blow-out.

Never mind, I'm over it now. I didn't bother weighing in this week. In fact I think I may give the scales a miss next week too....

i think i will have to do the same....but hey ho, by the 4th jan we will all be back on track....erm, well, that's my sisters birthday, so perhaps the 5th!!

Yes me too been good on the food front then mucked up and ate biscuits and chocolate ..... Great incentive not to WI.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Welcome back, excited is good :D xx

Three days on and still excited!

Morning, so how was Portugal then love?

Portugal was amazing! Definitely going back.

Hi piglet, where in Portugal were you? Was it warm :)

The weather was amazing -over 18C - on all days. We were staying inland in a small hillside village on the Spanish-Portuguese border - Sky was blue and it was warm enough to sit outside enjoying people watching! The only downer was the amount of bread I consumed. The rural Portugueuse eat local, seasonal food - so loads of meat, but also beans, bread and rice - so it was pretty heavy on the carbs!
Delicious though and there was no one forcing me to eat it all (that was my choice!!!!)

I have learnt that my will power is still as weak as it ever was. As from this morning I am back on low carb, I will try my damnedest to stay on it.

How's it going? My will power is a little dubious too! But so far so good!

Go for it! I was at the gym today feeling saintly and back on track after pigging out on chocolates on Boxing Day.

"Saintly" is a pretty good feeling isn't it?
:D

i think i will have to do the same....but hey ho, by the 4th jan we will all be back on track....erm, well, that's my sisters birthday, so perhaps the 5th!!

Haha - have a good one whatever date you decide!

Happy New Year everyone!
I hope everyone is feeling positive! This is a unique New Year for me - as it is the first one in years, where my NY Resolutions don't include giving up smoking and starting a weight loss programme - done the first and already started the second :D! There is therefore a requirement to be a little more imaginative! Maybe I'll give myself a break and just not make any!

Well still feeling positive - 3 days to go before first weigh-in.

its getting closer to WI day...i am actually looking forward to it! can't wait to get back on track, actually fed up of silly food now!

i know it is chinese for dinner at work tonight, so after that i will be on bloated and feel rotton...although will enjoy it at the time....

so, last day of naughties, good girl from tomorrow, slimmer by the summer, yay

Morning, happy new year ;)

Back