Things I learnt this week

Things I've learned and continue to learn is that I think/eat like a fat person and not sure I'll ever crack that! Lol

I stayed with friends on NYE and she is a very healthy, trim, athletic person who says she needs to lose weight - when I asked her how much - she replied 3lbs'! I rest my case! Lol

Right - I am off to cook my breakfast and then off to buy some string!

I was reading on other posts about making sure you take measurements so that even if there is a stall in weight loss it may be possible to ascertain if other bits are lessening! The problem with this is I don't own a flexible tape measure and to be honest, I don't think I can stand the sight of the actual numbers on the tape!

So string it is!

One piece of labelled string each for hips, waist, bust, under bust, thigh, calf and upper arm.
Some labels to write down dates on.

The benefits of this scheme:
1. I don't have to know exact (frightening) numbers of measurements
2.I will be able to see linear change rather than just see numbers on a page
3.I will have hours of winter fun untangling all my bits of string when they get all knotted together.
4. May be I will be able to showcase my final string work in the Tate Modern and sell it for a fortune!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE <3

Things I've learned and continue to learn is that I think/eat like a fat person and not sure I'll ever crack that! Lol

I stayed with friends on NYE and she is a very healthy, trim, athletic person who says she needs to lose weight - when I asked her how much - she replied 3lbs'! I rest my case! Lol

Cross posted on this one!

It used to annoy me when "skinny" people wanted to lose weight - or worse whined about their difficulties in buying clothes - they were always too baggy! One very small person once actually said to me "you don't know how difficult it is to find clothes to fit"

I was going to retort that "no, fitting wasn't my biggest problem - my major issue was finding an item that comprised enough material to stretch round me in the first place!"

But especially since I have been on here - I've noticed that the amount of weight some people want to lose is tiny compared to me - just because their problems aren't as mammoth as mine - they remain a problem to that person, and hey we always perceive ourselves so badly - perhaps the fact that your friend tells you she wants to be 3lbs lighter means that she doesn't see you in an overweight light at all??

If someone wants to lose 3lbs lucky old them! (grrrrrr) But I can't wait to have THAT problem!! :D:D

I have learnt this week that after giving up smoking for 5 years and re starting after a social night out was....

1) Stupid
2) Addiction takes hold within a matter of days again
3) It did curb my appetite
4) Realisation I had swapped one addiction yet again for another...
5) Giving up is bloody hard work even after just 3 months back on the damn things!
6) Dieting and Quitting smoking is worse than hell...

I am determined though!! I was once fat and a 30 a day smoker, swore I'd never go back to that......so must act!

J x

So wise Jo! I love your posts :) xx

I have learnt this week that after giving up smoking for 5 years and re starting after a social night out was....

1) Stupid
2) Addiction takes hold within a matter of days again
3) It did curb my appetite
4) Realisation I had swapped one addiction yet again for another...
5) Giving up is bloody hard work even after just 3 months back on the damn things!
6) Dieting and Quitting smoking is worse than hell...

I am determined though!! I was once fat and a 30 a day smoker, swore I'd never go back to that......so must act!

J x

Wow! What a brave lady! I'm sure you will succeed!
My best wishes to you on your journey. :)

Morning Jo, it's hard isn't it love.

Morning Jo, it's hard isn't it love.

It sure is Jim, although, day 3 of no ciggies today and I am already feeling much better!

The first day and a half was a complete nightmare! but i stuck with it, almost caved at 10 am yesterday and got a ciggie out with my lighter but then someone came into use the office next to me so i couldnt sneak out the front door for a crafty one!

They saved me :0) my spray seems to be working quite well, maybe it's because I have only been back on them 3 months so its just the nicotine habit rather than the whole smoking habit that I have picked up!

Drank plenty of water yesterday, no weight loss as of yet but I am not expecting miracles!

Jo x

oh - i couldn't have a cigarette in my possession and not smoke it!
If I don't have cigarettes I'm fine - but if I were to have a ten pack in my bag - if I had one the rest wouldn't be there very long!!!

Pigletville, snip.
I will continue to lower it further - I do seem to be someone susceptible to the laxative effects of sugar alcohol from those tasty little low carb bars from the LCM!
Where can I get these bars please?

Atkins Product, bar | Low Carb Megastore, Carbohydrate Diet, shopping, chocolate, diet, food

Cons - expensive, can slow your loss and are full of polyols (fake sugars) which can give some people cramps and the runs :( And Jim keeps shouting "Frankenfoods"! :D

Pros - when you've got to have something tastes vaguely like chocolate, these are a low carb option - just eat sparingly! The worst for me were Thorntons, ooh the pain, but I like the Atkins bars, never had any nasty side effects with them :D

The worst Frankenfoods I have ever had are Sainsbury's sugar free marshmallows!

May be it is because they are easy to get your hands on and then after buying them in a supermarket, the temptation to eat a whole bag in the car on the way home is just bl**dy riduculous! At least with the LCM, the goodies arrive by post and it's easier to escape that little voice shouting out "eat me! eat me!" :eek:

Week one WI tomorrow!

oh - i couldn't have a cigarette in my possession and not smoke it!
If I don't have cigarettes I'm fine - but if I were to have a ten pack in my bag - if I had one the rest wouldn't be there very long!!!

That's me as well. I do smoke, but only when I'm down the pub and stuff. I'm annoyed, i did manage to give up smoking for a long time, but I can't seem to break the link between alcohol and ciggies. I'd have to give up drinking and that isn't going to happen any time to soon. I love my Friday nights.

Whoops cross post Jim! When I was on holiday I bought a couple of packs and smoked them. Haven't even thought about them since I've been back. But I haven't had a drink either lol!

6lbs! well done love, that's great going

Well done Pigletville, wonderful!

Jim, my late OH liked chocolate with beer :eek: but he was the sort who never gained weight. He did however smoke.. :( .. 'stopped' .. many times.....

Piglet you dd great 6lbs is a good start to the new year.

Jim it's hard, but at least you don't smoke everyday ... There must be a benefit there.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I have decided not to try the bars, I am too easily tempted & may not stop at one.

Back