Things I learnt this week

Morning PV, I'd better not comment on the "Naughty Bits" as I'm already on the naughty step :D

We have all been on the naughty step at some point. Some more than others ;):D

mmm pancakes, I really need to try and make some kind of pancakes, missing the texture more than anything.

Tried the tots the other night..

Mine were more like cauil splats LOL

Must have went wrong somewhere.;)

Love the look of the pancakes... thinking of spiced ones with chicken for dinner... sort of Atkins Fajita...

Last edited:
hmmm my late night water drinking - was a rubbish idea! I was awake half the night wanting to go for a pee - I should have gone but it was too cold - so I stayed awake - keeping it in!

I was tired all day as a result.

2 atkins shakes, one for brekkie and one for lunch and then cabbage and bacon for dinner. Probably under 20g of carbs but I really couldn't be bothered today.

Looking forward to the weekend!

You've done well piglet to have just 2 shakes and a meal - I'm very impressed - of I have a shake / meal combo I need at least 3 shakes! Lol x

hoho - I just couldn't be bothered to move to get anything to eat. I curled up with a laptop on my knees and edited reports all day - I only moved to chuck more logs on the fire.

I guess laziness is the best diet!

Oh... A real log fire! How lovely! :) ... My friend used to have one when he lived further outside Belfast and used to use peat at times which he bought from the collectives working on the Sperrins... Such a great heat and smell...

Something I have learnt this week:

Eating a massive bowl of sugar free jelly may be tasty and only 0.5 carbs but is the equivalent to downing almost 2 pints of water in a very short time......
Here I "go" again!!! :D

hmmm my late night water drinking - was a rubbish idea! I was awake half the night wanting to go for a pee - I should have gone but it was too cold - so I stayed awake - keeping it in!

I was tired all day as a result.

2 atkins shakes, one for brekkie and one for lunch and then cabbage and bacon for dinner. Probably under 20g of carbs but I really couldn't be bothered today.

Looking forward to the weekend!

Aha!!

I just learnt from you that the shakes are meal replacements. And I learnt yesterday that the Atkins bars aren't.

I don't think the protein shakes are meant as meal replacements per say. But better than having nothing if not in mood for eating or pushed for time etc. though I dunno about Atkins branded shakes. They might be proper replacements.

Today I learnt that i can eat absolute rubbish in a low carb version. :D

Birthday weekend so I made a trifle - SF jelly with a very thick Atkins Vanilla shake as the custard and whipped double cream! No need to add any sweetner to the cream as everything else was so sweet.

Fake chocolates can be made by mixing 1tsp of cocoa, 1tsp of granulated splenda mixed up with cream to form a very thick paste.

To my shame the only leafys I consumed were in the form of salad - but I got through the day under my 20g of carbs.

I'm not advocating this - it's certainly not clean and green but it was nice to feel a bit indulgent.

Happy Special Birthday Piglet!! And oh my !! How deeelish and wonderfully creative your concoctions sound!!! (mouth well and truly watering lol)

Hope you have an amazing year ahead!!! Hope you and OH are well? Xx

Happy Birthday! I too was almost totally veg-free today, but I had kind of run out and I had this wonderful steak from a farm shop, so I just ate that. On its own! :eek:

That trifle sounds lovely. I keep meaning to buy some Atkins shake powder for those mornings when I just don't have time and haven't planned ahead properly. I.E. most mornings. :(

Morning PV, belated happy birthday to you

Back