things that motivate us on our journey :D

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by mollyc, 22 June 2011 Social URL.

1. mollyc

mollyc Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.24%)
    hey guys i was just adding a comment on a post about trousers being loose and i thought it would be lovely to have a little thread about thinks that motivate us like getting into smaller trousers, moving down a buckle on a belt etc whos got some..

i love when i take a pic and dont have a obvious chin in it ha

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jenki2

jenki2 Rat Crazy

Start Weight:
    22st12lb
    Current Weight:
    22st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Must agree! Photos are becoming less painful to look at :)

Sent from my Nexus S using MiniMins

4. ber-297

ber-297 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(42.34%)
    Diet:
    low carb
    Last week I was moaning that i couldnt go out cos i had nothing to wear , my sis in law said , sure just run up and have a look in my wardrobe for something - i nearly took off in exitement !! I'm small enough to borrow other people's clothes now :)

5. Cinta

Cinta Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st5lb(-3.25%)
    Diet:
    LC/Atkins
    I've keep a pair of trousers I had bought for my mum's funeral :( because I was too fat for any others. It was January 8th 2010. I put them on yesterday & they fell off. It really felt as if I had lost nearly 3 stone :) I will get a photo of me in them :D

6. ellesbelles

ellesbelles Member

I have a couple of really major goals that are motivating me - firstly I was chosen to model for the Help for Heroes 2012 calendar, and oh boy, I need to get in shape for that one - the shoot is in August *yelp*, and I just cannot let anyone down by being too podgy :(

Secondly, my OH is currently on tour in Afghanistan, and when he gets back (late November) we are off on holiday to Madeira... I need to be able to wear a *gorgeous* bikini, and I have to look my best for him after all he is going through.

7. BlackRose

BlackRose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Boots Slender Shakes
    Some powerful motivations here. My main one right now is that I'm getting fitted for my wedding dress in mid-August. But the other motivations - aside from the vanity of just wanting to look good and wear the clothes I actually like - is the increase in confidence I hope it brings, and the need to be a good role model for my kids. If they developed weight issues because of watching me yo-yo diet and binge I would never forgive myself and it is time to start practising what I preach.

8. Honeybee1

Honeybee1 Member

I went to a swimming pool a few weeks ago, and it had a jacuzzi as part of the main pool. I got in and enjoyed the lovely bubbles, but as I got out I was aware that a group of teenage boys were laughing at me. Just thinking of that spurs me on :-(

9. Alpaca

Alpaca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1.5lb(28.22%)
    Diet:
    Atkins, low carb, low cal(ish), low fat(ish)
    I've been on a self-destruct mode for the last 5 years and just couldn't pull myself out of it - but, something just clicked in May and for the first time dieting seems possible. Over those 5 years I've developed the body of a 90yr old in terms of health, stamina and arthritis. I am now sick of the pain - and having a pain-free life is my MOTIVATION!!!
    :superwoman:

10. mollyc

mollyc Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.24%)
    great motivations there everyone. i have quite a lot of old clothes i havent fit into in ages. as for the self distruction i totally get that but no longer ay. i really want to start wearing lovely short dresses again i have great legs but the pot belly is a bit of a attention grabber so i want that gone

11. Kat1e

Kat1e This is for life

Start Weight:
    17st8.9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6.2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10.1lb(26.77%)
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    I have a few designer clothes that i bought over 10 years ago when i was flush, young and skinny. Once i fit into those i have to stop losing to make the most of them:D

12. TRISTAR

TRISTAR Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st12lb
    Current Weight:
    19st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.44%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I too have kept a pair of trousers I had a job interview in last year. They are a size 24, and yesterday I got into a size 18 trouser. It's nice to see that visibility, it makes it so worthwhile. Also looking at photo's from last summer (that I daren't post on Facebook), compared to my latest ones on Facebook, I actually like seeing myself on photo's now

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.