Think i might need help :(

phonicshunny

Before my weight loss journey I wanted to be 133lbs and a british size 10.
Start weight was 187lbs and depressed. :sigh:

Joined Slimming World 12th march 2011 and have lost 3st 7lb (49 lb). Weight left too loose 7lb to target.......

I'm not happy even though i can fit into a british size 10 with room to spare i still feel fat and when i look in the mirror I see the person I was NOT the person I am now. I want to loose even more weight even though I know i am a healthy weight for my height.
I want to loose the 7 remaining pounds to bring the total to a even 4st (56lb)

Hi, firstly a huge congrats on your weight loss!
I have only lost 2 stone, but feel like i dont look any different! I think some people just feel like this. I know that i will never be truly happy with my weight, or my body (4 kids=yuck lol) But i have to learn to accept myself for who i am. Big or small we are the same people on the inside, and always will be. You have done a fantastic job losing 3 and a half stone and should be proud of yourself!
Do you have any ''before'' photo's of yourself to look at? Or an item of clothing in the size you were when you started your weight loss journey? It is sometimes hard to realise just how far you have come when you see yourself every day! And maybe looking at pics, trying on old clothes will show you exactly what you have achieved xx

when i started my journey i had size 10 clothes hanging up (collecting dust) lol, I use to lift them up and say I will never fit into them again they look so small :(
I know that i'm smaller size from 18 to a 10 and the really small trousers i could only dream of wearing I can get into, but myself I still see a big person trying to get out.

Again, well done on your loss! I must admit that you have lost a lot of weight in what is a relatively short time period. It will probably take a bit of time for your mind to catch up with the changes in your body. I think sometimes we have what can be unrealistic expectations about how our bodies will change once we lose weight. At my thinnest I still had thr same body shape as I do when bigger and no amount of weight loss will change that. I think rather than changing your target after the last 7 pounds, take a bit of time out to maintain the weight lost, and youll hopefully catch up with your weight loss.

Your not a big person hun, not anymore!! The big person trying to get out is probably always going to be there, but ignore her :) :) Hopefuly you will feel more comfy in your skin when you hit your target. xx

A friend of mine who has diabetes, got very ill a few years ago, and she literally went to skin and bone. Today she's a healthy size 12, and she told me last week that even at her most ill, and when she was so skinny she looked very ill, she thought she was fat.
Even though she's put on a couple of stone since then, she feels so much more confident and comfortable with herself, and she no longer feels "fat" when she looks in the mirror.
When you get used to your new body, and you're happy with what you've acheived, you'll not feel "fat" in the mirror, either.

Congrats on your weight loss. I'm only starting out, and I'm definitely still "fat" in the mirror, and my clothes lol but I'll get there!!

I hope you can learn to love the new you! You deserve to!

Thank you very very much for your replys, I now realise that i need time to come to terms with my weight loss and enjoy fitting into new clothes, and 1 day i might be able to look in the mirror and see a skinny girl :))

what an amazing achievement!

it is difficult to see yourself as a thin person, although I've only lost almost 2 stone I can see a huge difference but I still see myself as 'big' even though I know I'm not.

Have you bought loads of new clothes? things you would never even have dreamed of wearing when you were bigger?

I would suggest this, try something slinky and tight fitting, look at the SW magazine for thinspiration, look at the clothes they're wearing and maybe go out, even if you don't buy anything, and try those tight fitting clothes on, let your inner self out.

good luck hun, have you posted some before and after pics on here? love to see them x

what an amazing achievement!

it is difficult to see yourself as a thin person, although I've only lost almost 2 stone I can see a huge difference but I still see myself as 'big' even though I know I'm not.

Have you bought loads of new clothes? things you would never even have dreamed of wearing when you were bigger?

I would suggest this, try something slinky and tight fitting, look at the SW magazine for thinspiration, look at the clothes they're wearing and maybe go out, even if you don't buy anything, and try those tight fitting clothes on, let your inner self out.

good luck hun, have you posted some before and after pics on here? love to see them x

Thank you for your comment, i feel better to know that im not alone feeling like this, I have loads of new clothes (my old 1s in wardrobe collecting dust for 2 years) I think when i get to target i will buy more, but wanna loose the last 7lbs first so i know that clothes will fit propley . Still cant believe i can get into a size 10 lol

lucky you, I was really happy to get into a wallis size 12 (generous sizes lol) but considering I was a 16-18 at my heaviest that was an amazing feeling.

just go out with a good friend and do a bit of window shopping and trying on, it'll boost your self confidence x

I suffered with an eating disorder for most of my teens.

Aslong as you still continue to eat and dont starve/purge/binge you will be ok.

I have body dismorphic disorder - so the person i see in the mirror isnt what is actually there.

I see someone a size 14-16 regardless of how much I loose. You need to definatley compare pictures - I even have two in my underwear of my sw and my gw next to each other and you can definatley see the difference (I stick them on my mirror)..I no longer have an eating problem but will never be free of my demons when it comes to how I look.

I find following SW..but if your still feeling down some excercise will help? I find once you've lost the weight tonning up can make you feel even better and help you loose inches.

Im sure you look beautiful! But your always your own worst critic! Congrats on all the hard work!!

ladyantionette, i think that i am feeling the same way as you, because at the moment i feel no matter how much weight i loose i will feel/look fat.
I think this is something i will have to come to terms with and with time be able to like what i see in the mirror :)

Take every day as it comes - and dont be scared to ask for help!

ladyantionette, i think that i am feeling the same way as you, because at the moment i feel no matter how much weight i loose i will feel/look fat.
I think this is something i will have to come to terms with and with time be able to like what i see in the mirror :)

I feel that for some people 'fat' is less of a physical state, and more a state of mind. Its a word they use to describe feeling down and unhappy, or perhaps when facing a stressful situation. As someone who has been overweight for most of my life, I do sometimes feel being fat is a mindset for me. Ive spent a lot of my life telling myself everything would be better in my life if i lost weight. Being overweight and dieting has been my coping mechanism for other things in my life. I hope this makes some sense!!

I feel that for some people 'fat' is less of a physical state, and more a state of mind. Its a word they use to describe feeling down and unhappy, or perhaps when facing a stressful situation. As someone who has been overweight for most of my life, I do sometimes feel being fat is a mindset for me. Ive spent a lot of my life telling myself everything would be better in my life if i lost weight. Being overweight and dieting has been my coping mechanism for other things in my life. I hope this makes some sense!!

It makes perfect sense to me :)

Back