Think I'm getting the hang of this

KD

Gone fishing
I haven't had a secret binge for 8 weeks! OMG, is this a record :D

Feels wonderful. Whenever I binge I have to spend the rest of the week having smaller portions to make up for it. It's so nice to have the whole caboodle each day.:cool:

Can't believe that I've been depressed for the last couple of weeks and have got through it without binging or fags :confused:

You are an inspiration to us m8eeeeeeee and you are too hard on yourself sometimes!

You have achieved so much and I dof my snood to you!!

M.

Well done!! :D it's really important that you notice such achievements. :)
remember that there is a circle of change as they say.. we go forward, take a step back and go forward again.. and so forth ;)
The longer we can stay on the moving forward and changing things the better! ;)
((Hugs))

Awww. Thanks Mike and PH

You would have thought I'd have perfected this food lark by now wouldn't you:confused:

It sounds strange, but I always thought that if I could maintain for a year, I would have cracked it, but it suddenly felt a bit harder again after that.

I suppose the novelty of it all has worn off and much of me just wants to get back to what I was eating before. I know I can't.

It's as if I had a project, and now the project has finished. I've always had a 2 year attention span (2 minutes when I was at school:eek:).

Any courses I did had to have a maximum 2 year length as I seem to have a stopping point then. I've known this for years, and I've just realised that I started Cambridge 2 years ago this month.

Thoughts of becoming a CDC, still go through my head though I know that I can't really. Shame though. I think it would help me to stay on task.

I guess I need another project now...but if I take my eye off this 'ball' I'll just lose the plot

The important thing to remember is that the new habits you have learned have become your normal habits. Not binging is now your habit where as binging used to be your habit.
Your brain is wired to accept chnages as regular/normal/habitual if you do them long enough, which you clearly have. Well done, you are doing better than you realise I think.

Love

Can i ask why you cant become a counsellor ?

Cngats on recognising your acheivements and getting so far, although i do think your hard on yourself, as you have done wonderfully, depression is so hard and it would have been so easy to use it as an excuse to stuff your face,
cat_congratulations_hg_wht.gif

8 weeks is fab and you have done an amazing job..........you should be very proud of yourself mrs!!! :D :D

I also think you'd make a fantastic counsellor - go for it!

Jem xxx

Can i ask why you cant become a counsellor ?

A number of reasons really.

1. I reckon we have more CDC's around here than we have people doing the diet!

2. I'm partially deaf, so I'm not good on the phone.

3. I already have 3 jobs, and do a load of voluntary extras. I tend to like to throw myself into things 100%, and if I was going to do it, I would want to be a fab one :)

If I didn't have these obstacles, I reckon I'd be a good one. Loads of years of experience working with people. Years of experience working counselling drug addicts. A teacher, so I can usually motivate face to face anyway. A belief in the diet and so far a success story. Well....almost :)

Still. I keep getting these thoughts that I should be doing it. Never let obstacles get in the way before and it keeps playing on my mind.

If I was still a nun, I'd swear I was having a calling from God:rolleyes:

i understand now, maybe if its really playing on your mind you need to rearrange some stuff see if you could fit it into your life, and im sure you know there are amplifiers you canhave fitted to phones, my FIL is deaf as anythign and we keep offering to get one for him but he refuses to beleive he has a problem lol,

A number of reasons really.

1. I reckon we have more CDC's around here than we have people doing the diet!

2. I'm partially deaf, so I'm not good on the phone.

3. I already have 3 jobs, and do a load of voluntary extras. I tend to like to throw myself into things 100%, and if I was going to do it, I would want to be a fab one :)

If I didn't have these obstacles, I reckon I'd be a good one. Loads of years of experience working with people. Years of experience working counselling drug addicts. A teacher, so I can usually motivate face to face anyway. A belief in the diet and so far a success story. Well....almost :)

Still. I keep getting these thoughts that I should be doing it. Never let obstacles get in the way before and it keeps playing on my mind.

If I was still a nun, I'd swear I was having a calling from God:rolleyes:

I have an amplifier on my phone, but it often sounds distorted to my ears. I was told that I was an unsuitable candidate for a hearing aid, because I get so much distortion. But never mind...just puts up another obstacle for me to jump over, and I'm getting good at that :)

As for the dieting side, I think I've faced the fact that I have a problem that I can control
, but not necessarily eliminate.

Guess that's no difference to a diabetic. If they control their diabetes then why shouldn't I learn to control my eating.

It's the head bit that must be properly weeded, cared for and watered daily. It can get boring, but I know what I have to do. The stronger I speak to my chatterbox, the weaker it gets.

It's pure evil though. My chatterbox makes me think that it's a part of me...part of my thinking process. Leading me to believe that I am failing.:eek:

I will not fail as long as I realise that I am stronger than it. It's like a small child that I need to advise. Not the other way around.

Back