Thinking of trying S&S

Charlie Woo Woo

Silver Member
Hi, im currently on CD and doing well, 25lbs in 4 weeks BUT financially its hard to keep up with as I have a family to buy food for.
I have looked at the products and can see there is a good variety BUT I just wondered what the savoury meals were like and how they came, how you make them up! Are they like cuppa soups or something?
Thanks in advance for any replys :)

Theyre like space food :) They come in powdered form in packs and you add water then microwave them :)

I haven't done CD, only Exante (shakes/bars/soups) and now S&S. I like Exante shakes so have stuck with them but now have S&S meals - they are bloody gorgeous! They're made up with either hot or cold water (it varies from meal to meal) and then microwaved for a couple of minutes.

The spaghetti bolognaise (both types) are lush, as are both types of chilli, the macaroni cheese is also yummy too. Cottage pie is OK and didn't like the mushroom pasta

Ok well Ive been missing something savoury as not keen on the soups and am just doing Sole Source on CD where you dont have any food.
This sounds ideal. Im definately going to order some samples :)

I love the mac cheese, the white packet chilli and both spaghettis. I have them in some veg and they're like a small proper dinner. It makes me feel more normal on this diet, rather than just shakes and bars.

SerenityValley said:
I love the mac cheese, the white packet chilli and both spaghettis. I have them in some veg and they're like a small proper dinner. It makes me feel more normal on this diet, rather than just shakes and bars.

YES that sounds right up my street :)
Such a shame CD dont do products like these

Hi, I am on day 10 with s&s, have done cambridge and avidlite, new u, kee diet..!! S&S definately taste the best imo, everyones tastes different tho, I dont like the cottage pie but could have porridge, spicy spaghetti and mushroom pasta every day! so nice to be on mrp and still be able to eat 4 'meals' a day! xx

ticktock said:
Hi, I am on day 10 with s&s, have done cambridge and avidlite, new u, kee diet..!! S&S definately taste the best imo, everyones tastes different tho, I dont like the cottage pie but could have porridge, spicy spaghetti and mushroom pasta every day! so nice to be on mrp and still be able to eat 4 'meals' a day! xx

Wow you've tried alot! Well i'll take that as a good endorsement for S&S then! Thank u :)

First mrp i did was cambridge and stuck to it for 10 days, but couldnt stomach the soups and gagged on most the shakes so lived on choc mint shake and the strawberry tetra, wasnt keen on either really but was all that would stay down! other ones i have tried was just ordering online and not lasting more than cpl days...thought s&s would be the same but just finished day 10 and still feel positive, i love this diet! not saying i wont quit tomorrow tho cos u never know, its all or nothing with me! x

I am basically living off the following:
BF: Cafe Latte with extra coffee and water + Sweetener.
Lunch: Vanilla Shake
Evening meal: Alternation between A) Green salad with 100g Chicken B) Two egg omelette with spring onion, mushroom and green pepper.
Before bedtime: Shake or Bar.

Forgot to say, averagely difficult 1st week, then aa piece of cake to follow.

I would say to anyone contemplating the meals to go for it, it makes you feel more normal than drinking shakes all day! Having said that I think of the meal packs as 'sauces' as for example the cottage pie doesn't look like cottage pie its all mixed together, my fave meal so far was having it mixed up with mashed swede it was gorgeous and I was soooo stuffed for hours after. I will have cauliflower rice with the chilli and spags, the Mushroom pasta is like a mushroom sauce and was yummy over a big bowl of mushrooms.
Because you can have your 200g of veg it really makes a difference and I would recommend using the veg to supplement the meal packs. Tonight I am going to have Cauliflower cheese (mac cheese pac over cauli yum yum).

Go for it! It's not easy the first week, you have to be strong no matter how rubbish you feel and then you feel great and the lbs fall off!

I found it easy the first week because it was a novelty i suppose, 2nd week much tougher...keep hearing ppl say u dont get cravings in ketosis, wish I could explain that to my head every time I have to cook for family, walk past kfc, open fridge etc!

ticktock said:
I found it easy the first week because it was a novelty i suppose, 2nd week much tougher...keep hearing ppl say u dont get cravings in ketosis, wish I could explain that to my head every time I have to cook for family, walk past kfc, open fridge etc!

lol I never got over the cravings either 4 weeks into ketosis! It must be a mental thing! Well Ive ordered my samples and cant wait to try the savoury meals.
Thank you all for your replies :) xxx

Charlie Woo Woo said:
Sorry just one more question..
do you usually buy your slim and save in bulk? Whats the cheapest way to buy it? :)

Cheapest is the man's 5 a day pack - works out at around £1.07 a pack.

Back