This Challenge is now Closed Link to New Challenge on last post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Copied from my diary Thursday 27th Mar

Todays food

Scrambled egg with mushrooms and tomatoes and half a melon

Banana, strawberry mullerlight

Wm roll hexb with bacon lettuce and tomato and fruit salad - kiwi, mango, pineapple, strawberrys and melon

Chick pea and lentil salad. - boiled the chickpeas and lentils then frylighted them with a red onion. Thrown into a salad with- cabbage, rocket, spinach, carrots, sweetcorn, celery, orange peppers. It was lush lush lush. I chucked some chedd niblets hexa and total fat free yoghurt.

Munching through a punnet if cherries at the moment.

Im on my 2.5litres of water, 3 teas,done a 30ds and will post my steps later last looked it was 6miles.:D

Have strawberry cheesecake for later hexb for the alpen lights.
My milk for teas is my other hexa.

No syns yet. My oh my this is a first that the syns are so low this week. :D:D:D

Friday 28th

2 litres water - Done
Salad for lunch - Done

2014-03-28 13.27.32.jpg

Chicken
Bacon
olives 1.5 syns
peppers
apple
pear
rocket
Feta Hex A
balsamic vinegar

SALAD CHALLENGE DAY 3

Ok I have decided to go for a mixed bean salad I've bought some tins so hope it going to be tasty. The variety going in is :-
Rae kidney beans, pinto beans, cannellini beans, barlotti beans, haricot beans, green beans, black eyed beans, butter beans, chick peas , green lentils, I am also adding sweetcorn, green pepper, red pepper, yellow pepper and chopping an onion ,
Just going to prepare it now ,
I've also been out walking around /shopping for 4 hours, ending up carrying 4 bags of shopping back,
Had 1 litre water up to now and a lemon and ginger herbal tea,

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

All that above but it's DAY 4 ,
God I'm losing track of days , :)

AROUND THE WORLD IN 8 SALADS - SW MAGAZINE AUGUST ISSUE 2013

Hi everyone :), I've managed to find my magazine which I discussed with Von last week, its the SW August issue 2013, which has an article `Around the world in 8 Salads ' . The salad recipes are fab and are inspired from different countries around the world. I have taken pics and am going to try and post them up to share with you all so can all get inspired to make some yummy salads :D. I am not sure if they are clear enough to read but here goes :-

View attachment 131011 View attachment 131012 View attachment 131015 View attachment 131019 View attachment 131020 View attachment 131021 View attachment 131022

Kay xx

Thx Kay - I don't think I've seen that issue - will look fwd to reading and trying out those recipes!

DAY 3 - SALAD CHALLENGE - Friday March 28

Combined with Sexpress

B: strawbs, cherries, banana & Alpen light (half HEB)

L: warm salad as yest cos I've loved it!

T: Quorn chilli with rice (know that's carbs!)
Bubble's banofee cheesecake with nuts - 1.5 HEB

Drinks: 1 coffee - ss milk - part HEA, 1 fruit tea 300ml, water 2.3L - Total Water so far = 2.6L
Getting used to drinking more and as LJ22 posted recently when we drink more our bodies function better and our thirst improves and tells us to drink (I didn't used to get thirsty v often but now I'm on the 2L challenge - I do & I'm drinking (& getting rid of it!) non-stop!

Exercise 75 mins walk

Last edited:
DAY 1 - SALAD CHALLENGE - Tuesday 25 March

Combined with Sexpress

Hi - I've just realised I haven't posted my first day on the challenge - here it is:

Brunch: chicken marinated in 2 tsps sweet chilli mixed with a bit of water (2 syns?) I made a coleslaw with chopped peppers, leeks, onion & carrot with VLF mayo 1 syn??, 1 tsp mustard 1 syn?, white vinegar - with lots of lettuce - it was surprising filling! Melon and half a Muller (cdn't finish it - too full of water I think!)

Tea: Smoked Mackerel with the above coleslaw with cherry toms, cucumber and lots of lettuce, pickled onions and beetroot. Sugar free jelly (1/3 syn) and from frais

Drinks, 1 coffee ss milk part HEA , Diet Pepsi, 2 fruit teas 500ml water, low cal squash - 1.25L easier to drink than just water! = 1.75L

40 min walk

TOTAL SYNS: 4.3

Last edited:
Sorry no pics but I had a subway salad for lunch with lettuce, cucumber, sweetcorn, red onion, gherkins, jalapeños and chicken tikka :) HEA cheese and a few light mayo syns!

Updating food today:-

Salad Challenge Day One (Tuesday 25/3)

B = strawberries, satsumas (not had banana & yogurt)
L = vegetable soup, cucumber & tuna sandwich (0.5), ham
S = fruit salad
D = Haddock & egg salad with beetroot, cheesy mushroom & 1tbsp lighter light mayo (0.5)
A = not had any yet but will probably have a scan bran muffin (2)

hex's a = cheese, b = prunes
Total syns (3) body magic done, water 2L now done :)

Food plan (Wednesday 26/3) Red?

B = banana, strawberries & satsuma
L = cucumber tuna sandwich with lighter mayo (0.5), fruit & scan bran muffin (2)
S = fruit salad & skimmed milk latte
D = chicken & egg salad with beetroot, mayo (1)
A = prunes & yogurt

Hex's a = milk, b = prunes
Total syns = 3.5. :)

Food plan (Thursday 27/3) Red

B = banana
L = tuna cucumber sandwich (0.5), fruit, scan bran muffin (2)
S = prunes ( hex b)
D = turkey & egg, mushroom rarebit & butternut squash salad (hex a) mayo (1)

A = fruit & yogurt

Total syns = 3.5 :)

Today's food (Friday 28/3) Red:-

B = porridge & fruit, was delicious!
L = cucumber ham sandwiches, fruit salad & scan bran muffin (2)
S = banana & satsumas
D = ham & egg salad with butternut squash, mayo (1)
A = fruit, prunes & yogurt

Hex's a = milk & cheese? b = porridge & prunes
Total syns = 3 but maybe 7 as might have crisps if I'm peckish

Sorry no pic but it looked like yesterday's but with ham & butternut squash xx

Attachments

• image-1571015275.jpg
    image-1571015275.jpg
    473 KB · Views: 74
  • image-2416814536.jpg
    image-2416814536.jpg
    444.9 KB · Views: 78
  • image-3500088632.jpg
    image-3500088632.jpg
    387.9 KB · Views: 77
Yesterdays food 28th Mar

Fruit salad any fruit left in the fridge!

alpen light bar, (1/2 hexb) mullerlight vanilla

57g Hoummous hexb, chedds nibbles hexa, and boiled egg salad, with rocket, corriander, spinach, cabbage, carrot, onion, cucumber, tomato and sweetcorn

Chicken tikka byriani, from jans mag - with masses of veg in it such as the green beans, spinach and pepper. wait for it I also had 2/3 of salad fom lunch time.

My cheesecake for dessert 1/2 hexb

Drank 4 litres of water, 2 litres as my vimto in a wine glass for the evening. Had 5 cups of tea using milk as my other hexa.

Another successful SExpress day and salad challenge. :)

Including a shred and mmmm well I can't figure out my pedometer to see what my steps were in the end but thinking about 10miles!!

What a great idea, but I have only found this thread now. I am too late to join you now, and couldn't even start today because it will be a couple of days before I am able to go shopping for some of those ingredients. But you have all inspired me to give a salad week a try and will be doing it as soon as I have been shopping.
Here is me thinking a salad is a bowl of lettuce, tomato, cucumber and peppers but thanks to you all I am really excited and inspired to try something adventurous. Thank you

Day 2 Salad challenge

Salad in a bowl is much nicer looking than on a plate. Just had lovely hot chicken and bacon salad, same as yesterdays. Very tasty and filling.

Edited to add pic

chicken bacon salad.jpg

Last edited:
Salad challenge day 5
I've still a bowl full of the mixed bean salad I prepared yesterday so will be having that again today:)

Salad challenge day1-

ForumRunner_20140329_140319.png

Chicken salad with balsamic and mustard dressing. Its in a lunch box as im not home. Good planning!

SALAD CHALLENGE - DAY 4 - Saturday March 29

Combined with Sexpress

I hope everyone's enjoying the challenge and have had good day!

B: melon & Fat Free fromage frais with 4 dried apricots - chopped

L: warm cheese salad - 25g parmesan cheese - HEA, broccoli & cauli florets, frylighted onions & leeks, cherry toms, gherkin, beet, cucumber, yellow pepper, balsamic vinegar

T: veg soup, Quorn chilli - 2/3 veg, rice, Bubble's banoffee cheesecake with nuts more than yest Mmmmm... so HEB x 2

Drinks: 1 tea ss milk part HEA, water 1.8L so far

35 mins walk

Whoops sorry - it's one of Slimming World's eating plans - called Success Express - but also known as Sexpress by Bubble - every day u have 2/3 superfree + 1/3 free at every meal, 2 Healthy Extra As and 2 Bs, plus 5-15 syns.

I like it cos of the 4 HExs and I love fruit and veg so the 2/3 superfree isn't a problem.

Hope ur enjoying the challenge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back