this is becomming a habbit...

ColJack

Gold Member
I had to (again) walk to the local aldi to get some coffee today..
it's starting to be a regular sunday occurance...
I wouldn't mind if it wasn't freezing last time, and blowing up a gale this time...

I did have to stop and think on the way back though..
I thought to myself "man these groceries are heavy" ( tins and other stuff bought while there.. ) but then realised that they probably didn't amount to more than 10lbs and I used to be carrying 8 times that much just walking before...:eek:

I wonder if I'd be able to walk very far with the 80lbs I've lost strapped on my back in a rucksak???:D

Hi Coljack,

you've a fab loss so far - gold star. If it's not too personal a question, is your goal weight set as ideal for your height or did you pick it for a specific reason?

I set mine as 9st 9lbs for no other reason than I wanted to be in single figures for the 1st time in my living memory.

80 lbs is pretty awesome. It is the weight of a 12 or 14 year old. Nearly 6 stones.

You have lost a whole person !!!!

might have to go for walks with my neice riding piggy back then instead of the rucksak full of bricks.. :)

my choice was an arbitrary figure in the middle (ish) of the healthy BMI range.. 14 st 4 or 5.... obviously this will be refined as I get closer to it and I'll see what feels / looks right for me at the time.. but as something to aim for it was as good a number as any..

80 lbs is pretty awesome. It is the weight of a 12 or 14 year old. Nearly 6 stones.

You have lost a whole person !!!!

I'm pretty sure most 14 year olds weigh more than 6 stones!! Maybe some anorexic 14 year olds ;)

But still a massive achievement!!

I'm pretty sure most 14 year olds weigh more than 6 stones!! Maybe some anorexic 14 year olds ;)

But still a massive achievement!!

I agree a wonderful achievement.

Researching weights threw up this result.........
12 - 13 years old​
58 - 62 inches​
85 - 100 lbs​

So not far off and not a sign of anorexia ;)

85 pounds = 6.07142857 stones

Good loss Jack!

I recently hit my 70lb (5st) since last day of July. Where do you buy these brick-laden rucksacks? ;)

Good loss Jack!

I recently hit my 70lb (5st) since last day of July. Where do you buy these brick-laden rucksacks? ;)

Don't know of any brickladen rucksack shops but the child might be easier to find.......why not ask in your local pup to hold one for you lol !!!!!

Well done, it is seeing what people like you have achieved that helps me get on with my own weight loss. Thanx x

I did this a few months back, after I had lost 5 stone. I decided I was going to walk back from the supermarket, it was about a mile and a half distance (still is, for that matter!) and I had two of those reusable shopping bags with a ridiculous amount of heavy stuff in them, milk, multiple cartons of fruit juice, potatoes, meat etc - There was at least 4 stone in the bags. It REALLY hurt, and I nearly gave up and jumped a bus for a couple of stops before my hands wore through - but I figured I had been used to carrying this around so I should stop being a wuss about it all and just crack on.

When it is spread over your whole body, you just dont realise the impact it is having on you, other than the odd ache or pain or bit of breathlessness at the top of the stairs. Proper wake up that is.

Oh so true Minxie.......... but the difference in your ability to "do" things once that weight has gone is a joy.

Mine is only 60lbs , but I feel reborn, youthful and so active.

Coljack, you have done so well and are so dedicated. Here's to the next small child you lose .:rotflmao:

hi, you're weight loss is brillant, our first 'c' used to have a rucksack filled with a 14lbs worth of stones, that, people could borrow for a week, it was quite a shock to the system:D

Back