This is it -the new me! Fingers crossed :)

kerry2285

Silver Member
I started SW a few weeks ago and I am struggling with to 'click' in my mind. So here I am!

If I write down everything here where its public hopefully it will make me stick to it and I can see if im going wrong too!!

I have been going to group but as it runs so late and im a bit skint (id rather use the £20 a month on fresh fruit and meats too!) I have decided to go it alone but stay on here.

So far I have been doing ee and only lost 3lbs so im going to try to do red days and a few ee or greens - I just need to get my head around the plans more!!!

My meal plan for tomorrow is the following:

Red day
B: Muller light with grapes and strawberries
S: Grapes & banana
L: Home made chicken soup - 1 syn for part of a small boiled potato
S: Banana
D: WW brown danish bread with laughing cow lights

Syns:
4 slices of sw banana cake at 4.5 each :-( argh!!!

Will adjust this tomorrow evening if I need to - as its end of month work will be a nightmare so there maybe a bit of chocolate to relax me!!!

Oh dear not a good start. I don't know why I do this to myself!!!

Last edited:
kerry2285 said:
I started SW a few weeks ago and I am struggling with to 'click' in my mind. So here I am!

If I write down everything here where its public hopefully it will make me stick to it and I can see if im going wrong too!!

I have been going to group but as it runs so late and im a bit skint (id rather use the £20 a month on fresh fruit and meats too!) I have decided to go it alone but stay on here.

So far I have been doing ee and only lost 3lbs so im going to try to do red days and a few ee or greens - I just need to get my head around the plans more!!!

My meal plan for tomorrow is the following:

Red day
B: Muller light with banana
S: Grapes
L: Home made chicken soup - 1 syn for part of a small boiled potato
S: Strawberries
D: Chicken, carrots and butter nut squash roasted (not tried this before so I hope I like it!!!) home made gravy (oxo cube and celery - blended to make it thick)

Treats/Nibbles:
Hxa 5 light laughing cows
Hxb 3 slices ww brown danish

Syns: 1 so far.....

Will adjust this tomorrow evening if I need to - as its end of month work will be a nightmare so there maybe a bit of chocolate to relax me!!!

Kerry x

Hi Hun just wanted to say good luck and we are all here for you.how much are you wanting to lose? i need motivation too would be great if we can do it together :)

Jen xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
Hi Kerry :)

Welcome! I'm fairly new to SW too, and have only had one WI so far. I'm also keeping my diary on here in a bid to help me along, so I think this is a great idea!

I'm still on EE, and haven't tried any red days yet, but that menu looks ok.

Hi MrsJH and Carmel thanks for your support :) im up for giving each other motivation - its what I really need and a good kick up the bum when those sugar craving want to pull me off plan lol

Im just under 17 stone now and want to get to around 11, but im going by clothes size tbh I just want to be a 12-14 again not 18-20 :( im naturally heavy so know going below 11 will be very hard for me!

I think red days will give me better portion control. As much as I like sw I found weight watchers good for keeping portion sizes down, so hopefully this will do the trick!!

Im going for a slow loss so 1lb a week off and I'll be a happy bunny.
Good luck with your journeys :)

Have just updated todays food.
Im going to hang my head in shame now :( I cant believe I sat and ate 4 slices of the cake!!! Thankfully its a sw recepie and not a full fat version!! Im feeling stuffed now so I wont be doing a big tea, will eat fruit/ham slices later if I get hungry to counter act the bad bad bad cake!!!

Tomorrows plan:

Red Day
B: Muller light with added fruit (strawberries)
L: Home made chicken soup (1Syn)
S: Grapes and Strawberries
D: Slow cooker Beef stew - carrots, broccoli, sweed, cabbage, stewing steak with no fat and BNS roasted (in place of potatos!) will cook some celery and blend this to make the stew thicker.

Syns:
Going to costa for a coffee at lunch and cant resist their hot choc (skinny) so 6.5 for medium - not too bad really!!!

Hopefully I can keep that cake away from my hands! I just dont know why I do it to myself :(

Hi Kerry

Don't beat yourself up about the cake. What's done is done!

Your red day plan looks good. I haven't tried any red days yet, but have bought beef for a slow cooker meal later in the week and may try one then, depending on how I get on at WI tomorrow!

Keep it up x

Thank you :)

Its only going to be my 2nd day of Red's and im quite liking it. I love veg and its spuring me on to not use potatos in everything!

Hope your wi goes well tomorrow, have you had a good week? Will have to come read your food diary - I have book marked it! x

EE day:

B: SS Milk (HEA) and wheetabix x2 (HEB) and a ML yog
L: Home made soup
S: Strawberries
D: SW chips, 4 x tesco light choices sausages and fried egg in frylight

Sys:
Garlic dough balls 30 syns :( oops will try to keep syns to a min over next few days!

I weighed in today and have lost 1lb whoop :) - im going for a lb a week slow and steady!

While im feeling brave I want to share these on here to spur me on. The first 2 pics are me when I was 21 so 6 years ago and the 3rd pic is a more recent one after my weight gain.

My aim is to get back to photo 1 or at least close to it!!!

Attachments

• Photo-0306.jpg
    Photo-0306.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Photo-0038.jpg
    Photo-0038.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 33
  • me.jpg
    me.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 42
Hello :)

Well done on the loss! Slow and steady is a good strategy - far more likely to stay off that way.

Oops on the dough balls, although I bet they were good. I've been trying to find SW versions of the foods I love. I've made some curries so far which have been really good, but haven't been very adventurous with other things yet.

Looks like you are doing well otherwise though. Just make sure you do your 1/3 superfree for meals on EE days.

Charmel

My soup was packet full of super free and im snacking on fruit now to make up for the bad tea! lol

I suppose you could make garlic bread by using a HEB pitta, chopping up some garlic and using a few syns on some flora light - I might have to give that a go!!!

Its so hard trying to think of healthier ways to eat your fave meals, this site is amazing for finding new stuff to cook tho. Its been better than the class I was going to!

EE day:

B: wheetabix and semi skimmed milk (hea and b)
S: lots of strawberries
L: chicken soup with lots of veg in
D: steak, mash, carrot and swede with roast parsnips. Tiny bit of gravy
S: sliced ham and 2 laughing cow triangles

Syns: about 2-3 for gravy and lc triangles as I had some milk from hea left

Good day back on it. I don't have much fruit in otherwise I'd of had a banana mid afternoon! Tomorrow will be a red day and have breakfast and lunch planned, not sure what to have yet. Might get some salad in!

Red day:

B: Wheatabix and SS Milk
L: Tuna and sweetcorn sandwich on ww brown malted bread (2syns for tuna as used salad cream and tom sauce)
D: Light choices sausages (4 syns) with cabidge, sprouts and swede n carrot mash. 1 tbsp bisto (3.5 syns) was very yummy and very very filling!!!

Snacks: ham slices x 2, strawberries, eggs. salad cream 1.5 syns

Syns total: 11

Im really fancying some chocolate so might have a small kit kat type thing which are around 5 syns. It will push me to 16 syns so might not....im just craving chocolate!! Its my biggest downfall :-(

Going to have to think up some green day lunches, its hard when your lunches norm centre around meaty things!!

I know what you mean about the chocolate craving! I had a fudge last night, and have saved my syns to have one tonight too. Have you tried the alpen light choc orange flavour? They aren't bad for a chocolate fix - though not as good as a kit kat!

No I've not! I have brought a box of chocolate and fudge ones tonight as they had run out of those ones. Ive heard if is mush it up a little and pop it in the microwave for 10 seconds its a bit like flap jack.....heres hoping :-D

I had forgot about them so i'll have that to stay within 15 syns - THANK U!!! :)

Ooooo lovely, will have to stock up on them! Thank you to you both!

How did the alpen as a flap jack go, any good?

Just wanted to pop in and say hello :) Looks like you're doing really well. Congrats on last weeks loss.
I've never been to class and just go it alone from a starter pack my friend gave me and this forum.
I'm a slow loser too most of the time, so I'm with you on the nice and steady 1lb a week loss. As long as the numbers go down eh?!
Good luck with this week :)

Oh and if you want any green day pack lunch ideas feel free to have a look in my diary. My new fave thing is spicy veg and Quorn with rice or pasta and some salad. Really nice :D

Kelly.x

Back